Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #10
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It really doesn't take long to ruffle through a thread with posts you aren't interested in. Each post has the date on top so that you can skip ahead to see the latest chat/news/info.

Nobody polices the forums! If morons are going to act like morons, then they will be treated as such. 4DN1 isn't a quality poster...hence the grief.

Then check ESPN or Realgm or twitter for quick stuff. You pretty much just admit that you don't have time to post here. That is the true heart of the matter.
1) I'm not saying it takes long, but if I've checked the thread 10 times before and never gotten anything relevant out of it, why would I continue to check it? It is a waste of time, regardless how long it takes. When news breaks, start a new thread. It is soooo simple and so much more effective. This works exactly like a news website does where a story is posted and people comment on that story. It is amazingly useful.

2) People DO police the forums. When you give someone a hard time about starting a thread, that is policing.

3) This is a Mavericks forum, whereas ESPN, RealGM, etc. are all general sites. I want to be able to read a forum that is relevant to the team that I care most about and not have to wade through crap every time just to get to something of interest once in every 20 times I visit. Having threads for "news" effectively enables someone to visit this site for Mavs news and get relevant discussions. The way it currently is, you have to find a thread that *might* contain a conversation relevant to what you are interested in.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being pregnant, existentialist thread, i know kung fu, look at me i'm important, murphy's good ol' days, mytoasterdoesntmakecoffee, no as cool as underdog, not as cool as cunte, pay attention to me!, sometimes i pee red, thread police, underdog and friends, underdog=legallyretarded, whore new level