Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-21-2003, 09:06 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default ISO 9002

Can anyone explain me this. I bought some bread from one of the store nearby and the bread says ISO-9002 certified. What does this mean?
Old 07-21-2003, 09:37 PM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: ISO 9002

First of all, that the company who made it, has an obsolete quality system.

I will explain.

The ISO 9000 standards are a series of rules that companies who want to be certified for having a quality system running in their main processes, must follow to control the quality of their products through controlling the processes. Companies who demonstrate that their system based in those rules are complying, receive a registration from an authorized auditing institution. "Certified" means to have been Registered.

Before the 2000 year, the registration could have the 9001, 9002, or 9003 tag associated, according with the level of control of the quality system.

But, after that year, the registration is only issued with the 9001 standard.

However, companies who had the old system have a 3 years period to make the transition. (Then don't worry till December [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

The ISO 9000 series were planned for industrial plants that were suppliers for another industries, but now companies that sell for the last consumer, can also be registered. That's why the general public isn't aware yet of the meaning of the certificate. But this might change.

More questions? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2003, 09:41 PM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default ISO 9002

Question is Does iso9000 + apply to food products also? If so, to what extent?
Old 07-21-2003, 09:50 PM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Default ISO 9002

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Question is Does iso9000 + apply to food products also? If so, to what extent?
Absolutely. Now ISO 9000 applies for whatever economic activity, even if it's a non-profit one. Industry, commerce, service, education, health, government, etc.

To what extent? They have to control the main processes needed to make the bread with the quality required, in the case mentioned by you. Have to control means "MUST control".

Old 07-21-2003, 09:54 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default ISO 9002

I think that was a good explanation. Thanks Chiwas.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:56 PM   #6
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default ISO 9002

what in the h@ll/world are we tqalking about here. i think i don'tremember anything to do with this comments made in this thread. what's the deal here?
Old 07-21-2003, 10:01 PM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Default ISO 9002

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
I think that was a good explanation. Thanks Chiwas.
Anytime. It's a pleasure, cause it's what I do.

Old 07-22-2003, 10:28 AM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

MFF, basically that means that your bread doesn't have too much flour in it because the computer system running the weighing of the flour that is poured into each batch didn't freak out when it became Jan. 1, 2000. You can rest easy that what is on the Nutritional Information is at least as good information as the person that tested it in the first place.

Now amounts of sugar? ....that is a whole new question to begin with.

You can now eat your bread with re-assurance and peace of mind.

The world is a better place to live because of it. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2003, 10:41 AM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

Sometimes I rather prefer lawyers than engineers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2003, 10:45 AM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default ISO 9002

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Sometimes I rather prefer lawyers than engineers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
That HURT!!!!!

If it were not for engineers, your server room would still take up 2 floors...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2003, 04:53 PM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Default ISO 9002

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
That HURT!!!!!

If it were not for engineers, your server room would still take up 2 floors...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I wonder if the punching cards and Fortran were better times.

Old 07-22-2003, 09:41 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Fortran? What are you, a scientist?

COBOL!!!!!!!!!!

...but personally I think Visual Basic kicks its you know what (but COBOL was for a different time)....

And oh, how fun those punch card machines were. I was told in College that they were obsolete and were never used in todays data centers. My first job? We had one. And an 80 year old lady that would punch the cards out every day.....

Lots of fun.....
Old 07-22-2003, 09:55 PM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Default ISO 9002

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Fortran? What are you, a scientist?

COBOL!!!!!!!!!!

...but personally I think Visual Basic kicks its you know what (but COBOL was for a different time)....

And oh, how fun those punch card machines were. I was told in College that they were obsolete and were never used in todays data centers. My first job? We had one. And an 80 year old lady that would punch the cards out every day.....

Lots of fun.....
Yeah, Cobol was the bogeyman for administrators...

Lots of fun when you dropped accidentaly your hundreds cards program to the floor and were all messed up. Lots of fun for the people watching it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]