Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-31-2005, 12:07 PM   #1
DeusDeOmini
Banned

DeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these parts
Default Highland park water...

Hello, new poster here. I go to SMU, and the water here is so putrid. Apparently some "non-toxic" contaminent got into the water from a fire in the Highland Park area or somesuch. Anyway, it is insane, the water has been undrinkable for like 4 weeks, and they claim its benign, but I don't know, its hard not to drink it when im playing basketball everyday and im dehydrated. Anyone else encountered this water?
DeusDeOmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2005, 01:26 PM   #2
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice
Default RE:Highland park water...

yeah i live in the hp area also and the water was bad for awhile. it seems better now though. goodluck!
Old 08-31-2005, 01:33 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Highland park water...

Water is the least of your worries if you are going to SMU. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

The Bears are coming to town this weekend. Hide the kids and prepare the women. Or somesuch.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:55 PM   #4
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Doc, does this mean you're coming to town?

*heads for the hills*
Old 08-31-2005, 01:56 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

he he he.....I'm planning on it as of today. However, I have volunteered to go to Louisiana, so that could possibly alter the plans.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:02 PM   #6
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Isn't BMW windshield wiper fluid drinkable?
Old 08-31-2005, 03:08 PM   #7
DeusDeOmini
Banned

DeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
probably not, sounds pretty toxic to me, but I wouldn't know since I don't have a car here, actually im on a scholarship from Charlotte, but thanks for you baseless pre-judgement!
Old 08-31-2005, 03:39 PM   #8
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Water is the least of your worries if you are going to SMU.
line of the week.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:40 PM   #9
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: DeusDeOmini
Quote:
probably not, sounds pretty toxic to me, but I wouldn't know since I don't have a car here, actually im on a scholarship from Charlotte, but thanks for you baseless pre-judgement!
calm down dude...

As a pepsico shareholder my advice is walk to the damn store and buy an Aquafina.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:11 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

hahahaha....I'm not sure all of the irony and comedy in this thread has been properly appreciated. [img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 07:19 PM   #11
DeusDeOmini
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
calm down dude...

As a pepsico shareholder my advice is walk to the damn store and buy an Aquafina.
i don't fancy showering with bottled water, that shiat ruins showers too.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:02 AM   #12
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I'm with you, Doc. I've had a couple good laughs over this one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 12:12 PM   #13
DeusDeOmini
Banned

Yeah, its funny having to drink sewage water.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:27 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Deus- calm down dude...you joined the baord in the middle of a long running joke. Suck it up and buy bottled water if it tastes so bad. It can't be any worse than the Waco water.

SMU folk are always so damn entitled.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:37 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

don't anything doc says personally....except that entitled part.....that was personal [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:00 PM   #16
MavsMandy

MavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really nice

i'm not really sure what you're talking about, anyway. the water was bad last week for a couple days, but it's been fine since saturday or sunday.

on a happier note, hope you're liking smu so far.
MavsMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #17
capitalcity
Diamond Member

where's dooby?
Old 09-01-2005, 08:11 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
where's dooby?
He's drinking poo water. He has to prepare for the Bears game this weekend. He didn't want to leave the game with a bad taste in his mouth after the whuppin', so he thought he would go ahead and preemptively strike.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:25 PM   #19
DeusDeOmini
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsMandy
i'm not really sure what you're talking about, anyway. the water was bad last week for a couple days, but it's been fine since saturday or sunday.

on a happier note, hope you're liking smu so far.
wow, that may be the funniest thing i've heard all thread. Im sorry, do you go to SMU? Mabye its been fixed elsewhere, but HERE the water still tastes and smells like shit, and its been acknowledged by the city and school, so please don't assert inaccuracies as facts. I am enjoying SMU a lot, thanks.

Doc, calm down? No one is upset with the exception of you it seems.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:37 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Get over it. Some people have to eat shit sandwiches. You have to drink shit water.

Geez already....do they not sell Deja Blue or Orzarka up their?
Old 09-01-2005, 08:56 PM   #21
DeusDeOmini
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Get over it. Some people have to eat shit sandwiches. You have to drink shit water.

Geez already....do they not sell Deja Blue or Orzarka up their?
Get over yourself, some people are a-holes, you have made that quite clear. It gets expensive buying bottled water all the time, but I didn't start to complain, I was merely pointing out an observation and seeing if anyone else in the area experienced it, and you tainted the thread by being a douche, bravo.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #22
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Were you so impetuous when you were in the Carolinas, or did you develop that trait when you got to SMU?

I figured everyone knew the water in Waco kicked the shit out of the water in University Park, anyway.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:11 PM   #23
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

you should probably try running a hose from charlotte - it'd be much less expensive than buying bottled water or a brita filter during your tenure at SMU.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:16 PM   #24
capitalcity
Diamond Member

I got another idea. Go to blockbuster and rent "Waterworld".

If I recall correctly, Kevin Costner figured out how to transform his piss into potable drinking water.

cheers.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

I got another idea...drink piss bitch.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:25 PM   #26
DeusDeOmini
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I got another idea...drink piss bitch.
glad to see the mods condone this kind of behavior.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:39 PM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you could just be grateful you aren't on a rooftop in New Orleans. Eh?

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 11-07-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:40 PM   #28
AnMan21

Quote:

first, i suppose you could realize everyone here is being extremely sarcastic. then you could thank God you at least have running water as opposed to being stranded in New Orleans.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:41 PM   #29
AnMan21

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
I guess you could just be grateful you aren't on a rooftop in New Orleans. Eh?

just beat me to this one...

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 11-07-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:56 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

He isn't smart enough to pick up on the fun. Then he goes and makes an ass out of himself in the main forum. I love newbies.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:18 PM   #31
DeusDeOmini
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: AnMan21
Quote:

first, i suppose you could realize everyone here is being extremely sarcastic. then you could thank God you at least have running water as opposed to being stranded in New Orleans.
I think that can be said of anyone pretty much, but I spose since there is a natural disaster in Louisiana and the gulf (and I have friends there), then you lose the right to talk about anything else or be upset over anything, brilliant reasoning mate, top notch.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:41 AM   #32
MavsMandy

MavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really nice

Quote:
wow, that may be the funniest thing i've heard all thread. Im sorry, do you go to SMU? Mabye its been fixed elsewhere, but HERE the water still tastes and smells like, and its been acknowledged by the city and school, so please don't assert inaccuracies as facts. I am enjoying SMU a lot, thanks.
ok, i'm sorry if your water still smells funny, but mine has been fixed for awhile and i assumed yours was too. i live in university park a couple blocks from campus, so it seems like we would be getting the same water. you say it's been bad the whole time you've been here, for a month now? i honestly hadn't heard of any problem with OUR water until last week, and then it only lasted for a few days. maybe smu is doing something extra-special funky to their water.

on a side note, wasn't there a guy here a few months back that claimed to be from charlotte and going to smu on a scholarship, but then it turned out to be a ruse to troll on the board?

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 11-07-2008 at 01:58 PM.
MavsMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:21 AM   #33
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
on a side note, wasn't there a guy here a few months back that claimed to be from charlotte and going to smu on a scholarship, but then it turned out to be a ruse to troll on the board?
Did he throw in pseudo British phrasings?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:50 AM   #34
AnMan21

Quote:

I think that can be said of anyone pretty much, but I spose since there is a natural disaster in Louisiana and the gulf (and I have friends there), then you lose the right to talk about anything else or be upset over anything, brilliant reasoning mate, top notch.
yes, you're right, everyone should be thankful they aren't in New Orleans and yes, everyone loses the right to be upset about petty crap like, "my non-toxic water tastes funny", or "my apartment isn't large enough," or "my job only pays $50/hr." no, the only thing people like you and me have to complain about right now is the fact there's no possible way we can help enough. we should be thankful we can offer water to drink, space to sleep, and money to give...

my cousin lives in New Orleans two blocks from the Lake. She now has nothing, no car, home, job....but you know what, she's not complaining about that. she's happy she and her fiance are alive and together. in fact, even though she's lost everything, she's not standing in the line for food, no, she's working behind the counter passing it all out. we should all be so giving...
Old 09-02-2005, 12:13 PM   #35
DeusDeOmini
Banned

don't you dare get pretentious with me son. I have been started two relief efforts and a fund raiser to help the victims here at SMU.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #36
DeusDeOmini
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Quote:
Did he throw in pseudo British phrasings?
I was born in Manchester and lived there 6 years, sorry.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:16 PM   #37
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

So you're the same guy?

Have you ever tasted pickled herring? .... Per chance? ...... .... ... Mate?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:28 PM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
don't you dare get pretentious with me son. I have been started two relief efforts and a fund raiser to help the victims here at SMU.
I hadn't heard of any victims at SMU. What's going on down there?

You're not talking about the football team, are you?

Cheers!

Old 09-02-2005, 12:48 PM   #39
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

I am sure the Methodist church loves and completely condones the speech you are using on this forum correct? Be careful, you might get your scholarship revoked.

Sick 'em Bears!
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:32 PM   #40
DeusDeOmini
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Quote:
I hadn't heard of any victims at SMU. What's going on down there?

You're not talking about the football team, are you?

Cheers!
Actually, here at SMU in addition to having the Tulane football team we are housing AND enrolling in classes International students from Tulane and students from Dallas that attend Tulane, this was very altruistic of our school. However, I and several others here have started several relief efforts to help not just the victims staying here, but those all throughout the wrath of Katrina's wrath, from Jackson to NO to the Gulf. In fact, several Tulane students are living in my dorm, and a girl here at SMU lost her house back home in Baton Rouge, so I really don't appreciate your insipid comments.

Tags
classic threads