Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #41
DeusDeOmini
Banned

DeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these parts
Default RE:Highland park water...

Quote:
Originally posted by: Joey
I am sure the Methodist church loves and completely condones the speech you are using on this forum correct? Be careful, you might get your scholarship revoked.

Sick 'em Bears!
Im not of the Methodist faith, that's pretty ignorant to assume I am, is everyone at BYU a mormon, everyone at ND Catholic?
DeusDeOmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #42
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Highland park water...

Hey Deus.... I would suggest lightening up. People are messing with you. Don't wear your emotions on your sleeves.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:14 PM   #43
DeusDeOmini
Banned

DeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Hey Deus.... I would suggest lightening up. People are messing with you. Don't wear your emotions on your sleeves.
Actually, people are being insipid and trying to be frivolous about a serious situation in the hurricane, and several of them have used offensive language towards me, so I would suggest doing your job, and I really don't mean that in an acrid or offensive way, but something needs to be said.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #44
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: DeusDeOmini
Quote:
I am sure the Methodist church loves and completely condones the speech you are using on this forum correct? Be careful, you might get your scholarship revoked.

Sick 'em Bears!
Im not of the Methodist faith, that's pretty ignorant to assume I am, is everyone at BYU a mormon, everyone at ND Catholic?
Did I say you were a Methodist? No, I said that they are sponsoring your scholarship. Dude, go drink some water.
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:33 PM   #45
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Preferable poo water at that.

Aw poop...was I insipid again? Crap.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:04 PM   #46
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i love this thread. i absolutely love it.

I'm all about giving new posters a chance, i really am. But when someone with all of 17 posts is telling a mod how to do their job, it just makes me smile.

people getting upset on the internet also makes me smile. no one is making you post here, dude. lighten up.

My favorite is when you get upset with Mandy for stating that her water is fine. gotta love internet attackers.

Also, just to satisfy my own curiosity, what happened to that girl's house in Baton Rouge? My brother lives there, and he had no problems, aside from the power going out. Not calling you a liar, i just want to know.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:16 PM   #47
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

...and then it happend....in a moment of what could only be called Divine Epiphany....DeusDeOmini realized he had been drinking from the toilet all along....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 06:12 PM   #48
DeusDeOmini
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
i love this thread. i absolutely love it.

I'm all about giving new posters a chance, i really am. But when someone with all of 17 posts is telling a mod how to do their job, it just makes me smile.

people getting upset on the internet also makes me smile. no one is making you post here, dude. lighten up.

My favorite is when you get upset with Mandy for stating that her water is fine. gotta love internet attackers.

Also, just to satisfy my own curiosity, what happened to that girl's house in Baton Rouge? My brother lives there, and he had no problems, aside from the power going out. Not calling you a liar, i just want to know.
- Im not telling a mod how to do his job, im just telling him what other people are doing.

- Im not upset at all, i love when people ASSUME they can gauge other people's emotions over the internet

- My friend, please read the thread, then post. I NEVER got upset with Mandy period, let alone stating HER water was fine. I found it comical that she ASSERTED SMU'S WATER WAS ALSO FINE, please go back and read.

- Im not sure how her family's house is, her mom said it was probably ruined, I don't know for sure, I don't even know if they do, oh, and I assumed she lived in Baton Rouge since she went to high school there, but apparently her mom's house (divorced parents) is in St. Rose. I dk how bad it was hit, I had never even heard of it.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:24 PM   #49
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a "funniest thread" award? Because if there is, this one takes the taco. Mad props to Doc and Capcity for some real A-material here.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 06:51 PM   #50
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

This is not a new poster.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

Have we determined yet if this guy has all of his teeth?
Old 09-02-2005, 08:56 PM   #52
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Did I say you were a Methodist? No, I said that they are sponsoring your scholarship. Dude, go drink some water.
Oh my Joey! You made me spit my drink out because I was laughing so hard! And I agree with many of you; this MUST win a Sikey for most comical thread ever!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 12:23 AM   #53
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I miss UberDirk. I'm glad we have found the 2005 version.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 12:30 AM   #54
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I am concerned about the water in Highland Park.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 12:32 AM   #55
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Is there *anything* I can do to help??
Old 09-03-2005, 12:36 AM   #56
Joey

It just occured to me that he would not be able to be rude to anyone if we stopped posting back...BOY AM I SLOW!!!!
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Old 09-03-2005, 12:45 AM   #57
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I love the new guy...let's remeber to ask him his opinions on Shawn Bradley...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 12:58 AM   #58
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
It just occured to me that he would not be able to be rude to anyone if we stopped posting back...BOY AM I SLOW!!!!
But Joey...then what would we do for entertainment??

Old 09-03-2005, 01:31 AM   #59
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

edit: double post

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-30-2006 at 07:21 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 05:22 AM   #60
DeusDeOmini
Banned

wow, you guy's have serious issues.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:24 AM   #61
DeusDeOmini
Banned

oh, ps for all you konbheads that think im someone else, why don't you ask the mods if my e-mail address is a SMU account.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:40 AM   #62
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Quote:
don't you dare get pretentious with me son. I have been started two relief efforts and a fund raiser to help the victims here at SMU.
I hadn't heard of any victims at SMU. What's going on down there?

You're not talking about the football team, are you?

Cheers!

hahahah...

I kept wondering why the hell a thread about Highland Park water was so damn long....funny stuff.

I've lived in Bedford for five years now, and I've never even considered drinking the water...and I'm certainly not "rich" or even "well-off" by any stretch of the imagination.

Quite frankly, I'm amazed that suitable drinking water still exists up here...and that somebody going to SMU can't plunk down a couple of bucks for a case of Aquafina....and that we actually have a thread about the quality of water in Highland effing Park.

For what its worth, I have definitely appreciated the *insipid* comments.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 06:10 AM   #63
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
oh, ps for all you konbheads that think im someone else, why don't you ask the mods if my e-mail address is a SMU account.
Is 'konbheads' a British expression, or just the British spelling?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:15 AM   #64
Joey

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Quote:
Is 'konbheads' a British expression, or just the British spelling?
The water is just getting him all delirious.

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Quote:
But Joey...then what would we do for entertainment??
Good point Chum.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:23 AM   #65
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsMandy
i'm not really sure what you're talking about, anyway. the water was bad last week for a couple days, but it's been fine since saturday or sunday.

on a happier note, hope you're liking smu so far.
wow, that may be the funniest thing i've heard all thread. Im sorry, do you go to SMU? Mabye its been fixed elsewhere, but HERE the water still tastes and smells like shit, and its been acknowledged by the city and school, so please don't assert inaccuracies as facts.

hmmm, seems antagonistic and "mad" to me. and let's look at the original post:

Quote:
Hello, new poster here. I go to SMU, and the water here is so putrid. Apparently some "non-toxic" contaminent got into the water from a fire in the Highland Park area or somesuch. Anyway, it is insane, the water has been undrinkable for like 4 weeks, and they claim its benign, but I don't know, its hard not to drink it when im playing basketball everyday and im dehydrated. Anyone else encountered this water?

seems like mandy was answering your question, nothing more.

Old 09-03-2005, 12:59 PM   #66
Joey

ever wish that the water had some "toxic" contaminant?

I don't, just wondering [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2005, 01:14 PM   #67
DeusDeOmini
Banned

http://www.uptexas.org/index.cfm?Fus...&ArticleID=228
Old 09-03-2005, 01:49 PM   #68
Drbio
Banned

I am going to piss in his water later today while on campus. I just hope Dooby doesn't get to it first.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:54 PM   #69
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

I think the water authority is to blame. Dallas County Park Cities Municipal Utility District (DCPCMUD). They must change their name before you have any hope of drinkable water.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:12 AM   #70
chumdawg
Guru

There is a convenience store near me that is selling bottled water for only ninety-nine cents per bottle.

Would I be able to buy a bunch of these and bring them down to SMU for the relief efforts, or does the DCPCMUD have a handle on the situation?
Old 09-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #71
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I'll volunteer my home for awhile if you know of anyone who needs a place to stay, Deus. FJ cares about the more fortunate.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:09 AM   #72
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:13 AM   #73
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

fluoridation is indeed a plot by the government. it's not actually flouride in the water. Under the guise of flouridation, the government sets loose gajiliions of microscopic antennas that plan to inhabit the drinkers' teeth, and give our exact position to the government.

As a result, though, you can pick up some sweet radio stations.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #74
Drbio
Banned

*bump*
Old 03-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #75
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Too bad I wasn't here for this.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #76
Drbio
Banned

Nothing like a little insipid dihydrogen monoxide to brighten up your day.

Tags
classic threads