Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #81
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
I dont blame Avery for that, because that guy does not even work in the NBA, so there is no reason give him special treatment, when he says things like that in the press that separates you from your star player. That was uncalled for and very damaging to a coach ego, and especially a guy like Avery .
That same coach gave Dirk that advice, when Dirk quit the team the summer after Avery took over and the Mavs did not know Dirk was coming back til about two weeks before training camp. Do you remember that?
Really? I can't recall.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 12:38 AM   #82
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dont blame Avery for that, because that guy does not even work in the NBA, so there is no reason give him special treatment, when he says things like that in the press that separates you from your star player. That was uncalled for and very damaging to a coach ego, and especially a guy like Avery .
That same coach gave Dirk that advice, when Dirk quit the team the summer after Avery took over and the Mavs did not know Dirk was coming back til about two weeks before training camp. Do you remember that?
He can't take the high road? Is this a battle that he REALLY thought was necessary to fight? Why would you put your best player in a spot like that where you take a comfort zone away from him?

If you're a coach, who cares what a guy who doesn't even work in the NBA says about you?
Old 02-02-2009, 12:43 AM   #83
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
when Dirk quit the team the summer after Avery took over and the Mavs did not know Dirk was coming back til about two weeks before training camp.
Any link referencing this incident would be greeted with many clicks.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:44 AM   #84
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Any link referencing this incident would be greeted with many clicks.
Ask D.Lord about it, and see what he says? Or Marc Stein! Dirk was not going to play for Avery at all.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 02-02-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:47 AM   #85
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
He can't take the high road? Is this a battle that he REALLY thought was necessary to fight? Why would you put your best player in a spot like that where you take a comfort zone away from him?

If you're a coach, who cares what a guy who doesn't even work in the NBA says about you?
The high road was to not even respond and just make sure this guy does not affect your relation any farther with your star player. Why have him around during the season? Dirk goes back to Germany about the same day the season ends. The guy was making a point that he controls Dirk and knows whats best for Dirk no matter what Avery did, and that is just not right. Let that same guy talk bad about Cuban like that, and lets see if the guy stays close to Dirk during the season.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 02-02-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:48 AM   #86
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Must have been the Mavs #1 of all times greatest cover up! j/k
Old 02-02-2009, 12:50 AM   #87
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post
Must have been the Mavs #1 of all times greatest cover up! j/k
It is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:52 AM   #88
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously.
And what makes you the insider on this situation?

Why ask DLord or Stein...we're asking you.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-02-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:55 AM   #89
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
And what makes you the insider on this situation?

Why ask DLord or Stein...we're asking you.
Ask your infallible sources? Clearly, you feel I am not. All I can say is to ask them to see what they say?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:03 AM   #90
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Flaco's 57th law states:

If you can't link to it, it did not happen
The first 56 are really boring, btw.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #91
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Ask your infallible sources? Clearly, you feel I am not. All I can say is to ask them to see what they say?
Or I can just ask you and you're going to give me the run around like you are now....
Old 02-02-2009, 01:19 AM   #92
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

If it doesn't fit, you must aquit!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
Old 02-02-2009, 01:21 AM   #93
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Or I can just ask you and you're going to give me the run around like you are now....
Yeah thats it. The run around. Good try!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:22 AM   #94
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
If it doesn't fit, you must aquit!
Silly wannabe writer guy. Shut the hell up! Now go write on that.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:24 AM   #95
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

It's interesting to me that the change in the play-calling ratio was accompanied by the handing over of a CD containing data on the efficiency of the various sets and plays. It's interesting because I tend to think Carlisle's a smart and intellectually curious guy, and if a smart and intellectually curious guy really wanted to get to know his players' strengths and weaknesses, wanted to get to know how his players complement one another, wanted to discover what the parameters for their greatest possible success were, and knew that he had an entire season ahead of him, I'd expect him to be fairly deliberate and systematic in his play calling for a time as a way of probing the possibilities and gathering informative data on the results.

And then, if he were also a good coach, as I tend to think Carlisle is, and if he had Jason Kidd as his starting point guard, as Carlisle does, I'd expect some of that to eventually give way. I'd expect him to turn more of the in-game management responsibility over to his hall-of-fame point guard, and I'd expect him to try to empower his hall-of-fame point guard by making available to him the data that had been gathered, and the conclusions drawn, during the early months of the season.

And in the long run, I'd expect the team to be better for the patience that had been shown.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #96
BGMaverick9
Guru

edit.

nothing to see here!

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-02-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:32 AM   #97
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Silly wannabe writer guy. Shut the hell up! Now go write on that.
Sorry. I wanted to get into photography instead of writting.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:34 AM   #98
SMC0007
Guru

Old 02-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #99
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
It's interesting to me that the change in the play-calling ratio was accompanied by the handing over of a CD containing data on the efficiency of the various sets and plays. It's interesting because I tend to think Carlisle's a smart and intellectually curious guy, and if a smart and intellectually curious guy really wanted to get to know his players' strengths and weaknesses, wanted to get to know how his players complement one another, wanted to discover what the parameters for their greatest possible success were, and knew that he had an entire season ahead of him, I'd expect him to be fairly deliberate and systematic in his play calling for a time as a way of probing the possibilities and gathering informative data on the results.

And then, if he were also a good coach, as I tend to think Carlisle is, and if he had Jason Kidd as his starting point guard, as Carlisle does, I'd expect some of that to eventually give way. I'd expect him to turn more of the in-game management responsibility over to his hall-of-fame point guard, and I'd expect him to try to empower his hall-of-fame point guard by making available to him the data that had been gathered, and the conclusions drawn, during the early months of the season.

And in the long run, I'd expect the team to be better for the patience that had been shown.
Be serious, that little CD comes from Synergy Sports Technology. No need to give RC credit for that as well.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:42 AM   #100
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post

That's an interesting insight, but very true. Carlisle does seem like a guy who is great at analysing data. And if anyone can interprete that data into meaningful use for games, etc, then its Kidd.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:43 AM   #101
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Sorry. I wanted to get into photography instead of writting.
So, I guess in your 1,200 messages in about 6 months you forgot you mentioned that you are a writer?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #102
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Did you guys know that if you take the first word of every sentence in Jason Terry's postgame interviews over the past 4 years and play them backwards, it tells us that Dirk is actually dead and was replaced by a cyborg?

Seriously, just ask Marc Stein.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 02-02-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:55 AM   #103
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah thats it. The run around. Good try!
Actually, that's exactly what you're doing.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
Old 02-02-2009, 02:31 AM   #104
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
The league IMO is much more difficult now than it was in 06-07. Great players are no longer dispersed amongst mediocre rosters as much as was the case back then. Dwight Howard Lebron James Chris Paul and Brandon Roy have emerged, Garnett/Pierce/Allen are no longer on bad teams but are the makeup of an elite team, Kobe Bryant finally has a roster, the Spurs are the same, the Suns/Pistons have regressed.... but overall, I think the talent level of the NBA has picked up in the past few years, our roster hasn't experienced DRASTIC change, the NBA seems to have caught up with us. One more thing, as great as Dirk is this year, he is no longer in his "absolute prime". 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 were Dirk's best years IMO.

I think the 05-06 and 06-07 Mavs team would not be as good as today's Cavs, today's Celtics, and today's Lakers.
I don't know man, Shaq was still dominant in 05'-06'... Dirk was, as you pointed out, still in his prime, Duncan was better, Nash had more in the engine, Lebron was still a beast, etc. I don't think the league is more talented now, I think a few teams built themselves up to our level (not surpassed) and we simply had more competition.

I don't think you change a 67 win team no matter how defeated they seemed to look around January... you fire the coach who is draining the confidence from your players in the first place. I know it wasn't so clear cut back then but in hindsight it really drives a Mavs fan crazy to think of what the team would have been like under a better coach in both the finals and GSW series.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:44 AM   #105
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

silkXpert can't help but brag about his "inside info". isn't he the guy who said he played pro ball but wouldn't say where or when?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #106
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Did you guys know that if you take the first word of every sentence in Jason Terry's postgame interviews over the past 4 years and play them backwards, it tells us that Dirk is actually dead and was replaced by a cyborg?

Seriously, just ask Marc Stein.
My sources told me the real reason for Howard's decrease in production was that he was romantically involved with Harris and Kidd just "wasn't his type".

Seriously! If you don't believe me, ask Cuban! Go ahead.. ask him!

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 02-02-2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:01 AM   #107
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, there are seriously still people here that miss Avery?

Even idiots understood how big of a lamer he was after Dirk finally gave his point of view.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 AM   #108
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is a warzone.

Avery blows, nuff said.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Old 02-02-2009, 03:20 AM   #109
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dude..you don't blame avery for anything, not even playoff losses. Dirk "quit" the team after avery took over, what do you mean by that?

You want to alienate your players..you bow up and ban their long-time mentors, sit jkiddo down on national tv for the first game that mattered, toss westphal, del harris aside and be a complete idiot against GSWs. Avery should have been fired after that series as he was outcoached so bad it was ridiculous.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-02-2009, 03:23 AM   #110
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ask D.Lord about it, and see what he says? Or Marc Stein! Dirk was not going to play for Avery at all.
Good for dirk...since cubes/donnie weren't getting the job done, I'm glad Dirk and the rest of the team told cubes...he goes or trade us. He was fired 82+ games too late and in retrospect, he should have never been hired.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-02-2009, 05:25 AM   #111
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares about whether Dirk was going to play for Avery anymore or not?

He sure as hell is playing for Carlisle.

Silk, this is a players league. If Dirk wants a coach gone, they are gone. Wanna know why? Because you can much easier replace a Johnson/Carlisle than you can a Dirk.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:13 AM   #112
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So Dirk was just going to retire from basketball huh?

I still sometimes wonder if you're not someone doing a bit, and we've all been sucked in.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #113
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Dude..you don't blame avery for anything, not even playoff losses. Dirk "quit" the team after avery took over, what do you mean by that?

You want to alienate your players..you bow up and ban their long-time mentors, sit jkiddo down on national tv for the first game that mattered, toss westphal, del harris aside and be a complete idiot against GSWs. Avery should have been fired after that series as he was outcoached so bad it was ridiculous.
Dude, I blame Avery for alot, but we have all these idiots who claim Carlisle is a better coach than Avery. And you know damn well that is a lie. There is no proof or backing to support Carlisle being a better coach. So what we have left is dumb idiots twisting this tread into a personal attack. I dont give a rats as* what happened at the end for Avery, but calling Carlisle a better coach is just plain silly and dumb.

Nobody is debating if Avery should have been fired, the problem is defacing Avery to being a sorry coach who did nothing for the Mavs. To me, it ranks right up there with idiots bashing Finley for all he has done for this franchise, and just want to harp on the last year or so Finley was with the Mavs.

Lastly, last time I checked, when Avery was so called outcoached he had all the fan favorite coaches on his coaching staff, and none of them were able to make adjustments to win the title. Dont want to hear that Avery would not listen to them, so they lost. That is a bold faced lie, the team and coaching staff lost as a organization. Just like they did against GS. Everyone wants to make Avery out to being a scrapegoat, but the facts remain that the players had a big hand in all of this mess that went on at the end, include Dirk in it as well.

Dirk may be GOD to most of the homers here, but I call it like it is. Dirk has been the best thing for this franchise as well as been the one who just cant get us over the top to win a title, due to all of his fatal flaws. It still stands, that I think we should have traded Dirk for KG or traded Dirk for Kobe. It is as simple as that, since so many feel Dirk walks on water.

Lastly, Carlisle could not hold a jock strap to Avery, and for every fault you find in Avery, the about the same flaw applies to Carlisle and more, due to his many failures in the regular season and playoffs, as well as being the coach of the team that was apart of the biggest brawl in the history of the NBA. Carlisle was ran out of two towns, and each time he lost the time and the GM moved forward. Avery ran himself out of town, due to being a control freak.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #114
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dude, I blame Avery for alot, but we have all these idiots who claim Carlisle is a better coach than Avery. And you know damn well that is a lie. There is no proof or backing to support Carlisle being a better coach. So what we have left is dumb idiots twisting this tread into a personal attack. I dont give a rats as* what happened at the end for Avery, but calling Carlisle a better coach is just plain silly and dumb.

Nobody is debating if Avery should have been fired, the problem is defacing Avery to being a sorry coach who did nothing for the Mavs. To me, it ranks right up there with idiots bashing Finley for all he has done for this franchise, and just want to harp on the last year or so Finley was with the Mavs.

Lastly, last time I checked, when Avery was so called outcoached he had all the fan favorite coaches on his coaching staff, and none of them were able to make adjustments to win the title. Dont want to hear that Avery would not listen to them, so they lost. That is a bold faced lie, the team and coaching staff lost as a organization. Just like they did against GS. Everyone wants to make Avery out to being a scrapegoat, but the facts remain that the players had a big hand in all of this mess that went on at the end, include Dirk in it as well.

Dirk may be GOD to most of the homers here, but I call it like it is. Dirk has been the best thing for this franchise as well as been the one who just cant get us over the top to win a title, due to all of his fatal flaws. It still stands, that I think we should have traded Dirk for KG or traded Dirk for Kobe. It is as simple as that, since so many feel Dirk walks on water.

Lastly, Carlisle could not hold a jock strap to Avery, and for every fault you find in Avery, the about the same flaw applies to Carlisle and more, due to his many failures in the regular season and playoffs, as well as being the coach of the team that was apart of the biggest brawl in the history of the NBA. Carlisle was ran out of two towns, and each time he lost the time and the GM moved forward. Avery ran himself out of town, due to being a control freak.
All because Silk says so...

(damn the facts!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #115
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Who cares about whether Dirk was going to play for Avery anymore or not?

He sure as hell is playing for Carlisle.

Silk, this is a players league. If Dirk wants a coach gone, they are gone. Wanna know why? Because you can much easier replace a Johnson/Carlisle than you can a Dirk.
So, what is your point in this conversation? All you just did was state something that most people about about any professional sports. It has nothing to do with what I was saying. There was no point to be made in your post about this conversation.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #116
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
silkXpert can't help but brag about his "inside info". isn't he the guy who said he played pro ball but wouldn't say where or when?
Fluid you that same dude with over 10K posts about nothing in little over 2 years. With your 10k posts in that short time, tells us everything we need to know about you. Go jump off a bridge and kill yourself right now.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #117
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fluid you that same dude with over 10K posts about nothing in little over 2 years. With your 10k posts in that short time, tells us everything we need to know about you. Go jump off a bridge and kill yourself right now.
Stop being an a$$hole - you're just talking to "hear your own voice" at this point...

Nobody agrees with your skewed version of reality, so get over it...

(also - why are you a Mavs fan anymore? You don't seem to like anything about this team...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #118
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post

+rep

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 02-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #119
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

my friend jumped off a bridge and killed himself, he got hurt
Old 02-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #120
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Stop being an a$$hole - you're just talking to "hear your own voice" at this point...

Nobody agrees with your skewed version of reality, so get over it...

(also - why are you a Mavs fan anymore? You don't seem to like anything about this team...)
Coming from the biggest as*hole of them all!!!!! Go figure. I dont give a shi* what you or others think. I am going to speak my mind, no matter if this board is full of tech guys who think they know everything about anything. Yes, there are plenty of people here who agree, and it is the same reason I have as many green boxes as yourself. All you little message board bullies dont scare me at all. Gang up all you want, but in the end I am going to post what I want and feel. You and the rest of your Computer Bandits can call me an idiot, dumb, creditXpert, silkexpert, silkexpertguy or whatever and it just will roll off me like my signature.

The fact remains that once a few of you cant counter a post, then name calling is where you will go next. It is a endless cycle and the main reason many posters dont post anymore or just post ever blue moon. This board is overrun by the computer bully group, that gets beat up every weekend after getting drunk and talking too much smack about sports. Shi* I bet that same bunch posts under several different id's as well talking to themselves as they try to bully the board. Lastly, I am not going to look over this post for errors as well, so add that to the list of name-calling.
Closed Thread

Tags
<3 terry/avery b/c black, 501, about about about, b/ckiddirk&carlislerwhite, because silk says so, break the bank, carlisle = avery, classic threads, creditxpert2003, he got hurt, homosexuals are gay, i call this tag spam, i rest my case, kidd is hot, race baiting, shut the hell up..., silk = horses brother?, silk the inside info man, silkxpertbasketballguru, trade jho