Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #281
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Isn't it hypocritical to even a slight extent to say there we go with the name calling when I've seen you multiple time call people names and tell people to "shut the hell up?"

Again like I asked...wouldn't you want to just take the high road and be done with it?
Every time you see me with the name calling is because of an attack on me. I take the high road alot of times here, but it wont happy every time, and eventually it will turn into what we see today. The problem is that a select group will attack every post I make, until I go off on them. I also precede to report all these message board violations and nothing happens. I report posts after posts that violates the message board rules, but the moderator on duty just lets it go. Since they decide not to do nothing, then I do the same exact thing, since they are allowing the violations. It is simply double standards for the most part.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #282
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
What is it you like to say? "Learn to read"?

And as I've just laid out, how was Carlisle calling 80% of the plays if there were no plays? Your buddy Jet says there were no plays; must be true.
I like how you decided to skip over the part that said fewer plays will be called.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #283
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Every time you see me with the name calling is because of an attack on me.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #284
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

This entire thread makes me think of this:

Old 02-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #285
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Every time you see me with the name calling is because of an attack on me. I take the high road alot of times here, but it wont happy every time, and eventually it will turn into what we see today. The problem is that a select group will attack every post I make, until I go off on them. I also precede to report all these message board violations and nothing happens. I report posts after posts that violates the message board rules, but the moderator on duty just lets it go. Since they decide not to do nothing, then I do the same exact thing, since they are allowing the violations. It is simply double standards for the most part.

It's comical that YOU call out MB violations.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-02-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: n/m
Old 02-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #286
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Can't we all just get along?... or better yet, Can't we all just put Silk on our ignore list?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #287
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

If the Mavs hold on to win this game in Orlando I may just become a full believer that Kidd calling his own plays really made this team a contender.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #288
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
If the Mavs hold on to win this game in Orlando I may just become a full believer that Kidd calling his own plays really made this team a contender.
Looks like you may become a believer. Also it seems the best defense is an efficient offense. I wonder what this team would have looked like if we did this from the start of the season and stuck with it? Kidd leading the offense looked very efficient tonight against the 3rd best defense in the NBA.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #289
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
I am going to be really interested to track this development and its impact on the team's offensive efficiency (and overall record).
So far, so good!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #290
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Real simple. I was backing up my point about Carlisle known to call all the plays for his team. Which is what this thread is about.

I then went on to show how he says one thing to people, then changes things up later. I provided the link to show how this has happened in the past. If I did not post the link, then someone like yourself would have accused me of making up things.

Lastly, I remember someone pointing out that Avery threw his team under the bus along with attacking the leadership of the team. So, I went about posting a link where Carlisle did the same exact thing. Case in point, that I dont feel we got a coach that is Mr.Change. I think it was long overdue to hand the offense over to Kidd. Which again is what this thread is about.
Avery not only threw his team under the bus when he left...he threw his star players under the bus by NAME during Nellie's biyatch-slapping of him during the GSW series. When that happened (plus the fact that he was too silly to get someone in the post AND walked the ball up against them AND went small against them ) turned my opinion of him.

I wasn't crazy about his inability to control himself against Miami...he seemed to redeem himself in the 67 win season (but as we saw, he's a regular season coach) but then the GSW series was it, it was obvious he was overmatched. After that series the team knew he was incompetent and they played like it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #291
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
People that genuinely take the high road don't constantly point out that they've taken the high road. You don't have anyone here fooled, Silk.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
Old 02-03-2009, 07:54 AM   #292
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Avery not only threw his team under the bus when he left...he threw his star players under the bus by NAME during Nellie's biyatch-slapping of him during the GSW series. When that happened (plus the fact that he was too silly to get someone in the post AND walked the ball up against them AND went small against them ) turned my opinion of him.

I wasn't crazy about his inability to control himself against Miami...he seemed to redeem himself in the 67 win season (but as we saw, he's a regular season coach) but then the GSW series was it, it was obvious he was overmatched. After that series the team knew he was incompetent and they played like it.
For some reason, I was under the impression the players played the game? My bad, I did not know about the biyatch-slapping by the coaches to decide the games. I also forgot that Avery was the owner and could decide who he wanted to trade for. Lastly, I forgot that Avery was so anti-SA system that the last thing Avery wanted was a low post scoring player to mess up his system of run and gun.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:19 AM   #293
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure the players play the game but the coache's coach the game and in that respect Avery was slapped-around like a bad puppy.

That was one of the big problems with avery, he wasn't creative enough to see that there are more ways to get the ball into the post than just trying to do it like timmah. He could have run dirk across the lane to get position, he could have perish the thought had him re-post after a pick and roll.

Again the worst decision made by him was to slow it down...and he never changed that philosphy.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #294
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Sure the players play the game but the coache's coach the game and in that respect Avery was slapped-around like a bad puppy.

That was one of the big problems with avery, he wasn't creative enough to see that there are more ways to get the ball into the post than just trying to do it like timmah. He could have run dirk across the lane to get position, he could have perish the thought had him re-post after a pick and roll.

Again the worst decision made by him was to slow it down...and he never changed that philosphy.
I agree he could have coached a better series and whatnots, but still I say Dirk played like a lil biyatch that whole series. He was bullied on both ends of the floor. They treated him like a step child. And I do feel that if your one superstar is playing like a biyatch, then not even Phil Jackson himself could have coached us to a win. And please if you dont think players know how to adjust during the game as well, you are giving the players too few credit for being a professional. If you go back and watch any classic games with MJ, Bird, and Magic, you will see in the huddle, they are the ones talking and communicating about what they see on the court and what to do to counter it. It is up to the team captains to do their part on the floor because in the end, it is what the players do on the court that will decide a series. I do feel a coach for the most part can have a big hand in a game, but a series comes down to the heart of the player first and foremost. IMO.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #295
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:

Take a look at your PM, I have something to share with you about Winshares stats.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #296
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Errr.. So Kidd calling the shots is a good thing???

Last edited by darkwitzki; 02-03-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #297
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a good thing, but i'm taking the high road. Also, it doesn't take a brain seargent to know why this team struggles. I rest my case.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
Old 02-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #298
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
Errr.. So Kidd calling the shots is a good thing???
3-0 since it started, including wins over Heat, Warriors (our two most heartbreaking playoff loses occured against these two teams) and the Magic IN Orlando. Yes, Kidd calling the shots appears to be a great thing.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #299
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm i've been thinking Kidd would be a great coach someday, is there such a scenario here in the NBA, where a player is the team'a coach as well? sort of a playing coach. We have that scenario once here in the Philippines Basketball Association..
Old 02-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #300
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I got this from a post on db.com

Quote:
http://basketballvalue.co...0&sortorder=DESC&team=DAL

"Adjusted plus/minus has Kidd leading the team comfortably. and 11th in the league overall (among those above the league median in minutes)."
I know that +/- isn't a foolproof stat but it's pretty legit when taken over the course of a season.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 02-03-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #301
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

these are some hilariously pathetic tags.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
Old 02-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #302
catsil

catsil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
Hmm i've been thinking Kidd would be a great coach someday, is there such a scenario here in the NBA, where a player is the team'a coach as well? sort of a playing coach. We have that scenario once here in the Philippines Basketball Association..
Bill Russell and Lenny Wilkens were once player-coach.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #303
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Who wrote the "break the bank" tag?

That was particularly genius.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #304
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
By constantly tinkering, Dallas Mavericks' Carlisle may have found something that works

Given the latest turn in the Mavs' fortunes, let's consider the possible explanations:

A) The Mavs averaged 111 points over their three-game winning streak because Rick Carlisle gave Jason Kidd the keys to the offense.

B) An embarrassing loss to the Celtics shamed the Mavs into at least trying to play consistent defense.

C) Darrell Armstrong, 3-0 since his return as an assistant, has Riley-esque potential.

D) This streak, too, shall pass.

E) All of the above.

If you answered, E, this season has taught you not to get carried away.

Still, if this latest success is no guarantee of what's to come, starting tonight against Portland in American Airlines Center, at least we appear to be learning something about the Mavs and their coach.

Since taking over for Avery Johnson, a man who liked to impose his will, Carlisle has earned a different reputation. Practices are easier, which hasn't pleased Dirk Nowitzki, a notorious gym rat. But this isn't a young team, either. The last thing Kidd needs is to be pounding his soon-to-be-35-year-old dogs up and down a practice floor.

Carlisle also proved to be a tinkerer. Until the last couple of weeks, he'd trotted out more lineups than you'd see in a week's worth of Law & Order episodes.

A pro sports culture primer: Athletes don't like to be surprised. They want to know if they're going to play and how much, and they want their boss to be straight up about it. Otherwise, they pout.

I should add that players pout no matter what you do, but the condition is aggravated by long skids into nowhere.

And when Boston blew out the Mavs in the Garden last week, the future looked really, really bleak.

Carlisle says he knew his team would bounce back against Golden State because that's what it's done after bad losses all season.

And, just in case, he asked Mark Cuban on the flight home from Boston if he could hire Armstrong.

"I wouldn't say the Boston loss was the reason it happened," said Carlisle, who coached Armstrong in Indiana, "but it contributed to everyone being willing to do it."

Armstrong brings the same qualities as a coach that he showed as a player: upbeat, energetic, a teacher and leader.

Carlisle wouldn't necessarily concede that Armstrong might reach a corner of the locker room that he can't. But he said he first solicited the opinions of Nowitzki, Kidd, Jason Terry and Josh Howard, who gave four enthusiastic thumbs up.

Carlisle wasn't finished retooling just yet, either. He'd already settled into a basic rotation with the improvement of a healthy Antoine Wright. But it didn't fix much. Despite all the complaints about defense, the offense was no prize, either. Under Johnson, Kidd had basically been relegated to a spot-up shooter, a role that carried over under Carlisle.

Then from the Florida road trip came reports that Carlisle was letting Kidd run the offense. Instead of the coach calling, say, 75 percent of the plays, the numbers would now be reversed in the point guard's favor.

"It's been happening gradually to a certain degree," Carlisle said. "I've gained a real comfort level with his feel of the pulse of the team. It also allows things to happen out of the flow of the game, without losing any momentum.

"Hey, you've got a Hall of Fame point guard, use him to the best of his abilities."

Well, yeah.

If the point guard is happy on offense, it stands to reason that he'd be more energetic on defense, too. From the looks of it, it's catching.

Question: Can success last? Hard to say. The Mavs remain a flawed bunch, but so are many teams, including the Lakers with Andrew Bynum out three months.

Give the Mavs a month to see if the changes take. But whatever else happens, give Carlisle credit. When he's willing to make changes on the fly, and none serve his ego, it's an indication that at least you might have the right coach.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...n.325e086.html

Tags
<3 terry/avery b/c black, 501, about about about, b/ckiddirk&carlislerwhite, because silk says so, break the bank, carlisle = avery, classic threads, creditxpert2003, he got hurt, homosexuals are gay, i call this tag spam, i rest my case, kidd is hot, race baiting, shut the hell up..., silk = horses brother?, silk the inside info man, silkxpertbasketballguru, trade jho