Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-17-2009, 01:35 AM   #561
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Two stats regarding Dirk that I saw on SC tonight...

Most FG made in final 24 seconds of a one-possession game:
Lebron James - 23
Vince Carter - 22
Kobe Bryant - 21
Dirk Nowitzki - 18

Most games with 35+ points, 10+ rebounds in the last 2 seasons:
Dirk Nowitzki - 6
Chris Bosh - 4
Al Harrington - 4

Oh, and one more thing...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2009, 02:07 AM   #562
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Avery says "you can give Dirk Nowitzki the MVP right now!"

http://espn.go.com/dallas/video/clip?id=4747427

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:30 AM   #563
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

The easiness with which Dirk scored against OKC was just fun to watch. On several occasions I just thought "one defender on Dirk, thanks for making it so easy for him." You would think, every team wants to copy the Hornets' strategy, but maybe they just don't have the personnel for that. I extremely love to watch Dirk trailing on the fast break and nailing that 3-pointer while in forward motion, that's a tough shot to make. I equally loved his pass to Dampier down low. He's peaking this season. He's reached level 7 or what was the final level of his development program. Awesome stuff!

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”

Last edited by twelli; 12-17-2009 at 04:32 AM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:25 AM   #564
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post

Can anyone tell me how to start this ESPN video ? ( And how to start the NBA audistream ? )

For me, it would be worth a + rep
Old 12-17-2009, 07:56 AM   #565
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Good read, but I made the mistake of reading some of the comments left by ignoramuses... now I want to go beat my head against the wall.
You know it has nothing to do with basketball, as one of the comments pointed out. "The people who continue to deny Dirk's greatness have issues that don't relate to basketball. I hate to say it but let's be real. These are the same people who hate on Steve Nash. We know where you're coming from." It is what it is, and won't change fast if ever. Another interesting fact. Game winning shots percentages. Kobe: .250 D-Wade: .275 Dirk: .324. What up?
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #566
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post

Looks like Avery is still a Mavsfan.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #567
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have the audio or a link to when Dirk accidentally said BITCH during the post game comments? I heard it on The Ticket1310 but can't seem to find it. It was funny.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #568
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Dirk Nowitzki - model of consistency

Thursday, December 17, 2009
Dirk Nowitzki: Model of Consistency

Remember when I asked Dallas Coach Rick Carlisle if he thinks that Dirk Nowitzki is underrated? Instead of suggesting that Nowitzki deserves more acclaim than he receives, Coach Carlisle diplomatically praised the media for voting Nowitzki to the 2009 All-NBA First Team--but Hall of Fame contributor/two-time NBA Coach of the Year/ESPN analyst Hubie Brown completely agrees with my take on Nowitzki. Late in ESPN's Wednesday night broadcast of Dallas' 100-86 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder--during which Nowitzki scored a game-high 35 points on blistering 13-18 field goal shooting while tying for game-high honors with 11 rebounds--play by play announcer Dan Shulman asked Brown, "Is it possible that a guy who has been as good as he is for as long as he has been that good--is it possible Dirk Nowitzki is still a little bit underappreciated?"

Brown immediately replied, "Oh, I think so and I've always felt that way. I feel that for what he has accomplished--and even the year that he won the MVP (2006-07), a lot of guys questioned (why) he won the MVP--and yet when you back up the stats and see everything that he did, it is just one of those freakish things that happen that certain players, no matter what they do, no matter how consistent, no matter how overwhelming their stats are, people still do not want to give them the total recognition."

Nowitzki has averaged at least 21.8 ppg for nine straight seasons and is well on course to make it ten in a row with his career-high tying 26.6 ppg average this season. During that time Nowitzki has averaged at least 8.4 rpg each year (he is slightly behind that pace with an 8.2 rpg average so far this season). As Brown pointed out earlier in the telecast, Nowitzki has consistently been an accurate shooter from the field, three point range and the three point line; during Nowitzki's aforementioned MVP campaign he joined the elite .500 (field goal percentage)--.400 (three point field goal percentage)--.900 (free throw percentage) Club, whose members include sharpshooters Larry Bird, Mark Price, Reggie Miller and Steve Nash.

For those of you who think you know NBA basketball (but really don't) and say that Nowitzki is not a clutch player, consider that this season he has shot 55-55 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter/overtime--and remember that his playoff scoring and rebounding averages (25.5 and 11.0 respectively) are significantly better than his regular season scoring and rebounding averages (22.5 and 8.4); for comparison purposes, note that renowned playoff assassin Reggie Miller not only averaged fewer points in the postseason than Nowitzki (20.6 ppg) but that Miller's playoff scoring average is 2.4 ppg higher than his regular season scoring average compared to a 3.0 differential for Nowitzki, who advanced past the first round in six of his first 11 seasons while Miller's Indiana Pacers made it out of the first round seven times in 18 seasons.

Labels: Dallas Mavericks, Dirk Nowitzki, Hubie Brown, Reggie Miller, Rick Carlisle

posted by David Friedman @ 3:43 AM
Ballhype: hype it up!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #569
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the audio of what Hubie said.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #570
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

http://www.nba.com/alldecade/vote5/

vote 4 Dirk

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #571
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Tim Thomas' greatest contribution to the Mavs organization right there...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #572
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch...I was really worried about some potential surgury being required. Thank goodness it looks like it won't come to that.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142504
With a freak injury sidelining Dirk Nowitzki, the Mavs were reminded of the obvious: They don't want a future without their star.

Nowitzki still leads Mavs with blood, sweat
By Marc J. Spears

Dirk Nowitzki watched the doctor remove bits of teeth from his right elbow, a surreal experience in itself. The doctor stitched up the cut, sent Nowitzki for X-rays then decided he needed to re-examine the wound. So he took out the stitches and probed the gash until Nowitzki screamed. More stitches followed. There was even talk of possible surgery.

The Dallas Mavericks’ injury report stated simply that Nowitzki had a right elbow laceration following his collision with Houston Rockets forward Carl Landry on Friday. This, however, was no ordinary cut. Landry lost parts of five teeth, some of which were imbedded in Nowitzki’s elbow. Landry ended up getting a root canal; Nowitzki sat out Sunday’s victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers and he also might miss Tuesday’s game against the Portland Trail Blazers because his elbow is still too stiff and painful.

The doctor “was really scared about an infection, so he went back in there for like 30, 40 minutes,” Nowitzki said. “I was just watching him with his fingers in my hole in my elbow. He had his whole finger digging in there. That was ugly.

“I took as many pain killers as I’ve had in a long, long time. … We did consider [surgery] for a second because we didn’t really know how many parts were in there floating around.”

Nowitzki said he’s at the greatest risk of infection for the first 72 hours after the cut, but is hopeful he’ll be fine.

“With that situation with your franchise player, you always take a deep breath, swallow hard and pray for the best,” Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said. “That’s all you can do when you’re dealing with Mother Nature. So far, the signs are good. This thing isn’t over yet.”

The Mavericks are fortunate to have three days off following Tuesday’s game against Portland, and they obviously don’t want to endure a long stretch without their All-Star forward. Backed by a deep, veteran roster that also includes Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, Josh Howard, Erick Dampier, Drew Gooden and Tim Thomas, Dallas owns the Western Conference’s second-best record at 20-8. But although the Mavericks did win surprisingly easy without Nowitzki against LeBron James and the Cavs, it’s no secret the franchise’s long-term success still lives and dies with its greatest player.

Nowitzki is averaging 26.1 points per game, 8.1 rebounds and owns the fifth-best efficiency rating in the league. The Mavericks have also raved about him playing the best defense of his 12-year career.

James, Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard are the usual names to surface in any MVP debate this season, but Nowitzki has quietly (as usual) emerged as a legitimate candidate.

“He’s 31. People take him for granted,” Kidd said. “He can play big, small, however you want it. When you see those numbers, you just assume that he’s going to give you that on a nightly basis. His team wins, too. It’s unfortunate that he doesn’t get a little more exposure.”

Said Carlisle: “He leads the NBA in plus-minus productivity, so he has the greatest impact of any player in the entire league in terms of when he is on the court.”

James ranked the Mavericks among the league’s best teams after losing to them. And Nowitzki believes this is the best supporting cast he’s had, even better than the team he took to the 2006 NBA Finals. That, however, hasn’t won over some skeptics who believe the Mavericks still need one more quality player to help them seriously challenge the Los Angeles Lakers and contend for a championship.

The Mavericks routed the Lakers 94-80 on Oct. 30, but Pau Gasol didn’t play. And as even Nowitzki admitted, Gasol’s addition is what made the Lakers a title team.

“Since I’ve been here, and this is my 12th season now, this is the most talent that we have on a team from top to bottom, Finals included,” Nowitzki said. “The only problem is the rest of the top teams got better, too. We’re still all mad at Memphis for just trading Gasol to L.A. We’re still mad at [Detroit Pistons president] Joe Dumars for trading [Chauncey] Billups to Denver. It just so happens that the rest of the league and the rest of the Western Conference got better as well.

“I think from top to bottom we’re better than any team I’ve been on here. That’s a good thing. We need some luck down the stretch; we have to be injury-free, but I definitely like what everybody brings.”

Even if Dallas again comes up short in its quest for a championship, Nowitzki likes the makeup of the franchise enough that he believes he’ll be a Maverick for the rest of his career. He could opt out of his contract at the end of the season, but said he hasn’t decided whether it’s in his best interest to even join the heralded 2010 free-agent class. Much like what Bryant did with the Lakers, Nowitzki could pass on free agency with the intention of signing an extension with the Mavericks.

“I figured I’d play this [season] out and see what my options are,” he said. “I really haven’t focused on it much. I’m really focusing on this season and we’ll see what happens at the end, and I guess it will be more of a quick decision.

“I didn’t plan on opting out as of now. But nothing has been done so far. I didn’t sign anything. We didn’t agree on anything. I’ve always said that I wanted to finish my career here because I’ve put so much into it for the last 12 years now that if I just go somewhere and win it somewhere else it won’t be the same. That’s kind of my attitude. I want to make it work here. Whatever we got to do, I guess, we’ll have to do this summer.”

Said Mavericks owner Mark Cuban: “He knows pretty much what the plan is, but I’ll say, ‘Here’s our options. How can I help?’ ”

There is at least one player who could significantly help the Mavericks’ quest for a championship: Toronto Raptors forward (and Dallas native) Chris Bosh.

There has been speculation Bosh could be moved before the trade deadline if the Raptors feel they have no way of re-signing the coveted free agent next summer. An NBA source with knowledge of Toronto’s plans told Yahoo! Sports that Raptors officials are still hopeful the team will improve enough to convince Bosh to re-sign. That didn’t stop Nowitzki from chatting up Bosh when both visited South Africa with the NBA’s Basketball Without Borders program.

“I was like, ‘So, you coming back to Dallas?’ ” Nowitzki said. “He just said he doesn’t know and everything was so wide open to him.

“I think everything right now is speculation. I don’t like speculation. I like to focus on what I got.”

That’s a wise approach considering one substantial obstacle will make it difficult for the Mavericks to lure Bosh if he hits the free-agent market: money. The Mavericks, who are expected to be over the salary cap, would likely either need to persuade Nowitzki to take less money himself or convince the Raptors to do a sign-and-trade deal.

Still, there are no limits, however, on Cuban’s creativity.

“We can be a player,” Cuban said in regards to the general free-agent market. “Everybody thinks its all about cap room. But I don’t think all the guys that are free agents – they’ve been in this league long enough – don’t want to be on teams involved in a rebuilding process. There’s a lot to risk. You want to go to a team where you can compete.

“So it may not be about cap room. It might be about a sign-and-trade. It might be about any other options of different things. We’ve got a lot of different options.”

Their No. 1 option remains the same as it’s always been: Keep their current franchise player happy – and healthy.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:57 AM   #573
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Really Good Read

Quote:
Nowitzki still leads Mavs with blood, sweat
Marc J. Spears

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 13 hours, 38 minutes ago

DALLAS – Dirk Nowitzki(notes) watched the doctor remove bits of teeth from his right elbow, a surreal experience in itself. The doctor stitched up the cut, sent Nowitzki for X-rays then decided he needed to re-examine the wound. So he took out the stitches and probed the gash until Nowitzki screamed. More stitches followed. There was even talk of possible surgery.

The Dallas Mavericks’ injury report stated simply that Nowitzki had a right elbow laceration following his collision with Houston Rockets forward Carl Landry(notes) on Friday. This, however, was no ordinary cut. Landry lost parts of five teeth, some of which were imbedded in Nowitzki’s elbow. Landry ended up getting a root canal; Nowitzki sat out Sunday’s victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers and he also might miss Tuesday’s game against the Portland Trail Blazers because his elbow is still too stiff and painful.

The doctor “was really scared about an infection, so he went back in there for like 30, 40 minutes,” Nowitzki said. “I was just watching him with his fingers in my hole in my elbow. He had his whole finger digging in there. That was ugly.

“I took as many pain killers as I’ve had in a long, long time. … We did consider [surgery] for a second because we didn’t really know how many parts were in there floating around.”

Nowitzki said he’s at the greatest risk of infection for the first 72 hours after the cut, but is hopeful he’ll be fine.

“With that situation with your franchise player, you always take a deep breath, swallow hard and pray for the best,” Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said. “That’s all you can do when you’re dealing with Mother Nature. So far, the signs are good. This thing isn’t over yet.”

The Mavericks are fortunate to have three days off following Tuesday’s game against Portland, and they obviously don’t want to endure a long stretch without their All-Star forward. Backed by a deep, veteran roster that also includes Jason Kidd(notes), Shawn Marion(notes), Josh Howard(notes), Erick Dampier(notes), Drew Gooden(notes) and Tim Thomas(notes), Dallas owns the Western Conference’s second-best record at 20-8. But although the Mavericks did win surprisingly easy without Nowitzki against LeBron James(notes) and the Cavs, it’s no secret the franchise’s long-term success still lives and dies with its greatest player.

Nowitzki is averaging 26.1 points per game, 8.1 rebounds and owns the fifth-best efficiency rating in the league. The Mavericks have also raved about him playing the best defense of his 12-year career.

James, Kobe Bryant(notes), Carmelo Anthony(notes) and Dwight Howard(notes) are the usual names to surface in any MVP debate this season, but Nowitzki has quietly (as usual) emerged as a legitimate candidate.

“He’s 31. People take him for granted,” Kidd said. “He can play big, small, however you want it. When you see those numbers, you just assume that he’s going to give you that on a nightly basis. His team wins, too. It’s unfortunate that he doesn’t get a little more exposure.”

Said Carlisle: “He leads the NBA in plus-minus productivity, so he has the greatest impact of any player in the entire league in terms of when he is on the court.”

James ranked the Mavericks among the league’s best teams after losing to them. And Nowitzki believes this is the best supporting cast he’s had, even better than the team he took to the 2006 NBA Finals. That, however, hasn’t won over some skeptics who believe the Mavericks still need one more quality player to help them seriously challenge the Los Angeles Lakers and contend for a championship.

The Mavericks routed the Lakers 94-80 on Oct. 30, but Pau Gasol(notes) didn’t play. And as even Nowitzki admitted, Gasol’s addition is what made the Lakers a title team.

“Since I’ve been here, and this is my 12th season now, this is the most talent that we have on a team from top to bottom, Finals included,” Nowitzki said. “The only problem is the rest of the top teams got better, too. We’re still all mad at Memphis for just trading Gasol to L.A. We’re still mad at [Detroit Pistons president] Joe Dumars for trading [Chauncey] Billups to Denver. It just so happens that the rest of the league and the rest of the Western Conference got better as well.

“I think from top to bottom we’re better than any team I’ve been on here. That’s a good thing. We need some luck down the stretch; we have to be injury-free, but I definitely like what everybody brings.”

Even if Dallas again comes up short in its quest for a championship, Nowitzki likes the makeup of the franchise enough that he believes he’ll be a Maverick for the rest of his career. He could opt out of his contract at the end of the season, but said he hasn’t decided whether it’s in his best interest to even join the heralded 2010 free-agent class. Much like what Bryant did with the Lakers, Nowitzki could pass on free agency with the intention of signing an extension with the Mavericks.

“I figured I’d play this [season] out and see what my options are,” he said. “I really haven’t focused on it much. I’m really focusing on this season and we’ll see what happens at the end, and I guess it will be more of a quick decision.

“I didn’t plan on opting out as of now. But nothing has been done so far. I didn’t sign anything. We didn’t agree on anything. I’ve always said that I wanted to finish my career here because I’ve put so much into it for the last 12 years now that if I just go somewhere and win it somewhere else it won’t be the same. That’s kind of my attitude. I want to make it work here. Whatever we got to do, I guess, we’ll have to do this summer.”

Said Mavericks owner Mark Cuban: “He knows pretty much what the plan is, but I’ll say, ‘Here’s our options. How can I help?’ ”
Helped by Shawn Marion and Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzki says this season's supporting cast is his most talented ever.
(NBAE/ Getty Images)

There is at least one player who could significantly help the Mavericks’ quest for a championship: Toronto Raptors forward (and Dallas native) Chris Bosh(notes).

There has been speculation Bosh could be moved before the trade deadline if the Raptors feel they have no way of re-signing the coveted free agent next summer. An NBA source with knowledge of Toronto’s plans told Yahoo! Sports that Raptors officials are still hopeful the team will improve enough to convince Bosh to re-sign. That didn’t stop Nowitzki from chatting up Bosh when both visited South Africa with the NBA’s Basketball Without Borders program.

“I was like, ‘So, you coming back to Dallas?’ ” Nowitzki said. “He just said he doesn’t know and everything was so wide open to him.

“I think everything right now is speculation. I don’t like speculation. I like to focus on what I got.”

That’s a wise approach considering one substantial obstacle will make it difficult for the Mavericks to lure Bosh if he hits the free-agent market: money. The Mavericks, who are expected to be over the salary cap, would likely either need to persuade Nowitzki to take less money himself or convince the Raptors to do a sign-and-trade deal.

Still, there are no limits, however, on Cuban’s creativity.

“We can be a player,” Cuban said in regards to the general free-agent market. “Everybody thinks its all about cap room. But I don’t think all the guys that are free agents – they’ve been in this league long enough – don’t want to be on teams involved in a rebuilding process. There’s a lot to risk. You want to go to a team where you can compete.

“So it may not be about cap room. It might be about a sign-and-trade. It might be about any other options of different things. We’ve got a lot of different options.”

Their No. 1 option remains the same as it’s always been: Keep their current franchise player happy – and healthy.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 12-22-2009 at 03:58 AM. Reason: link
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:06 AM   #574
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

You can see the teeth...

sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #575
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
You can see the teeth...

Sefant...did you blow this up and host it or is it on another page with some commentary? If not, you should put it on your own blog. It's a keeper. Anymore photos of the nefarious teeth?
Old 12-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #576
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Found it in a german forum, i dont know the actual source
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:18 AM   #577
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Just wanted to add one more thing (if somebody has already mentioned this - my bad)...

Dirk met with Landry after the game and got his number. Dirk later on called Carl and apologized for the elbow. Dirk - classy just as always...
Old 12-24-2009, 01:54 AM   #578
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
Just wanted to add one more thing (if somebody has already mentioned this - my bad)...

Dirk met with Landry after the game and got his number. Dirk later on called Carl and apologized for the elbow. Dirk - classy just as always...
you think you respect someone enough, and then you learn gain a new plateau of respect for them

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:40 AM   #579
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Dirk says something along the lines of "can't do it all by myself all the time" and boom, two games in a row with 7 players in double figures, first time for the Mavs in 200 years... I like to believe that all his teammates are willing to go to war with Dirk and except him as their general. This season is full of pleasant surprises so far.

Now... beat LA, twice...!!!

Old 12-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #580
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

No question who leads Dallas -- it's Nowitzki

Snippets from Mr. Garcia over at nba.com:

Quote:
Frustration after a game all the Mavs felt they should have won is understandable, and you won't find anyone within team circles taking issue with Nowitzki. Unlike some locales where the message is often lost due to the messenger (see: Charlotte), Nowitzki has earned the right to be heard.

"Communication is key in any kind of profession and honesty is always a positive," Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said. "I think it's great that Dirk speaks out."

While his image hardly screams outspoken, Nowitzki doesn't shy away from speaking his mind. He's done so at the expense of teammates, taking exception with Erick Dampier and Jason Terry in playoff series past. He's publicly questioned the owner, wondering if Mark Cuban would be better off upstairs than causing a commotion courtside. He's chastised the front office for not being on the same page back when Don Nelson roamed the sidelines.

"I maybe didn't do that when I was 20," Nowitzki said. "Now I pretty much say what I want. I pick my spots, but if there is something I have to address, I do that."

The former MVP doesn't confine his frustration to postgame talks with the media. Locker room speeches aren't his forte, but pulling a teammate aside to offer words of encouragement or verbal kicks to the backside are common.

"During the game, yeah, all the time," said J.J. Barea, a Nowitzki teammate for the last three seasons. "He comes to me and says, 'C'mon, lets go.' Individually he's good about that, but not in a group situation before the game or at halftime."

Nowitzki joked after the Memphis game that his words from three nights prior mattered little: "Who reads press clippings over Christmas?" He also downplayed his ability to inspire, though that's more about modesty than truth.

There's an old (failed) notion in these parts that Nowitzki isn't a leader. Sure, he's not the rah-rah type, but he doesn't bark just to hear how loud he can get. His message, one way or another, gets delivered.

"He's not a talker. I don't think he's every going to be a talker," Barea said. "He's out there working. He's the hardest worker on the team. He's a leader. He doesn't really have to talk that much."

But when he does ...
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #581
OttoOC

OttoOC is on a distinguished road

I dunno if this is too random, but I saw this on a broadcast a while ago and thought it was hilarious. Low quality as I could only record it on my phone.

OttoOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #582
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk will be on BaD radio pretty soon. 1310 AM TheTicket locally or

http://www.theticket.com/

Old 01-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #583
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Dirk isn't even a top 10 player in the league..

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/r...st-nba-players

..oh wait, Charlie Rosen.. Nevermind.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 01-06-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #584
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Dirk will be on BaD radio pretty soon. 1310 AM TheTicket locally or

http://www.theticket.com/
Awsome. Jetzt REP !
Old 01-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #585
dude1394
Guru

It is on RIGHT NOW.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #586
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Damn I love Dirk. I wish he were on the radio more often.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #587
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Damn I love Dirk. I wish he were on the radio more often.
Yea...it kinda disturbs me how much I love the dude. I have a dirk key for the front door and my son took a look at it and said.. "I'm starting to worry a little bit about you dad".
Old 01-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #588
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

^ A Dirk key ? What does it look like ?
Old 01-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #589
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

This interview is great.

Dirk is giving some pretty high compliments to Kidd right now.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #590
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Arenas - haha
Old 01-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #591
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

That was awesome. There he goes - the great Dirk. Couldn´t find a better closing.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #592
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
^ A Dirk key ? What does it look like ?
Like this...

Old 01-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #593
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's interview is the top post right now.

http://www.theunticket.com/

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #594
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk promised his mom that he's going to cut his hair soon.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #595
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post

Thanks everyone for hinting at that, looking forward to listen to the Dirkster for half an hour!

Probably it's just that my browser lacks a plug-in or something like that (can't listen live either), but I didn't see a play-button or a download-link there, so I searched a little and here is the direct download-link for the interview:

http://www.theunticket.com/wp-conten...w_01_06_10.mp3

Last edited by mavErika; 01-06-2010 at 05:20 PM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:06 AM   #596
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
Thanks everyone for hinting at that, looking forward to listen to the Dirkster for half an hour!

Probably it's just that my browser lacks a plug-in or something like that (can't listen live either), but I didn't see a play-button or a download-link there, so I searched a little and here is the direct download-link for the interview:

http://www.theunticket.com/wp-conten...w_01_06_10.mp3
How did you find out how to download the audio from that site? I have been trying to figure out from a while (I'm not very tech-savvy) because I've been wanting to download some of their 8:40 bits.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #597
twelli
Diamond Member

Thanks for sharing!!! Nothing really new there, but nice to hear him talking.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #598
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post

There is always great stuff on that site. *Especially the Fake Jerry and Wade!

Old 01-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #599
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
How did you find out how to download the audio from that site? I have been trying to figure out from a while (I'm not very tech-savvy) because I've been wanting to download some of their 8:40 bits.
I clicked on "SUBSCRIBE TO THE RSS FEED" in the upper right corner of the home page and got to this site: http://feeds.feedburner.com/theunticket .

And there you have it, and if you click "View Feed XML", pretty fast you get an idea which audio-downloads are available. There's a similiar page for theticket-podcasts which I check regularly, but unfortunately most of them are little 6min-soundbits, and very few are Mavs-related.
I'm also not very tech-savvy and don't have a podcatcher or any subscriptions other then a few newsletters, so I don't know why this site seems to focus more on audio-posts than the first one I found yesterday, but maybe that helps you too.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #600
fluid.forty.one

I have such a man crush on Dirk.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer