Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-06-2002, 01:27 PM   #1
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Mavs official site says games are only on TNT.
But KTXA site and FW-Star Tele says they are on CH.21 also.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2002, 01:29 PM   #2
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

is there anyway to see either of this channels via web?
Old 05-06-2002, 01:35 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

tnt will be blacked out in our area
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 07:53 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

It's on TNT in Waco.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #5
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

So - the playoff games will be on local over the air (KTXA) right?

I really don't want to give Time Warner my money.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #6
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
So - the playoff games will be on local over the air (KTXA) right?

I really don't want to give Time Warner my money.
You are kidding right?
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #7
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

No.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #8
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this thread started in the year 2002. I thought TNT had exclusive coverage of the Western playoffs now. Unless some sort of deal with local coverage was made, I would expect some money to Time Warner is pending.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:00 PM   #9
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Time Warner is gay..... Comcast was waaay better.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
Time Warner is gay..... Comcast was waaay better.
Wow. I've had no dealings with Time Warner, but if you truly think Comcast was better than some other cable provider, well, I feel sorry for that cable provider, because Comcast was horrific.

Thank God for Verizon FIOS.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-09-2007 at 05:05 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #11
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

The first round of the playoffs will be broadcast locally. I believe its the second round is where the NBA gives the exclusive rights to TNT and ABC/ESPN, but am not positive. But I do know for a fact that the first round will be broadcast locally along with the other network.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #12
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Well i mean it was better with the OnDemand stuff. Comcast had like A LOT of free movies and shows. Time Warner doesn't have many things on OnDemand.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #13
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I was thinking the first TWO rounds were televised locally, but I could be mistaken. Definitely at least round one.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #14
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
I was thinking the first TWO rounds were televised locally, but I could be mistaken. Definitely at least round one.
It could be ocelot. I am only sure of first round. Nevertheless, I'll be watching the local guys as long as they are broadcasting. Always do.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #15
left texas
Golden Member

Just saw on TNT's website that they will be covering the Eastern Finals exclusively. That would mean ESPN, ABC I guess will have the Western Finals this year.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #16
mffl03

mffl03 will become famous soon enough

mark and bob supposedly don't know which games they'll be doing, but they will have all of the first round? and only a few games for the second round....and then thats it.

they said they'll keep us posted
mffl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:52 PM   #17
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
Just saw on TNT's website that they will be covering the Eastern Finals exclusively. That would mean ESPN, ABC I guess will have the Western Finals this year.
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Can't stand the ESPN/ABC coverage.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:56 PM   #18
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Can't stand the ESPN/ABC coverage.
Especially Mark Jackson and Bill Walton. Imagine them doing a telecast together.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:02 PM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Wow. I've had no dealings with Time Warner, but if you truly think Comcast was better than some other cable provider, well, I feel sorry for that cable provider, because Comcast was horrific.

Thank God for Verizon FIOS.
I like my Fios too. I still kind of miss Directv if only for the fact that Fios doesn't carry NBA Tv which comes in VERY handy during the playoffs with coverage of every post game press conference.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:56 AM   #20
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I like my Fios too. I still kind of miss Directv if only for the fact that Fios doesn't carry NBA Tv which comes in VERY handy during the playoffs with coverage of every post game press conference.
Yeah, I do wish they had NBA tv, but it's a small price to pay.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote