Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
mroh

mroh is infamous around these partsmroh is infamous around these parts
Default Good Game yesterday

(BTW, I'm a Warriors fan, but by no means am I here to troll)

Sorry.. first playoff victory since over a decade ago makes a bit giddy. Good game though! Wait, actually... no. Both teams were not nearly at their best yesterday. We're lucky Baron got so hot in the third. Anyways..

What do you guys want to do? We'll kill you guys if you try to match us in a small ball style, but what if you go back to your conventional line-up? The Warriors, don't forget, are also a legit 3 PT shooting team. If you were Avery Johnson, what would you do?
mroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #2
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Thread #14 relating to the game yesterday. THANKS DUDE!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
jabooli
Banned

jabooli is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a jabroni and I've been banned.

Do you smelllllllllllll..... lalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited by aexchange; 04-23-2007 at 09:26 PM.
jabooli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #4
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroh

Sorry.. first playoff victory since over a decade ago makes a bit giddy. Good game though! Wait, actually... no. Both teams were not nearly at their best yesterday. We're lucky Baron got so hot in the third. Anyways..

What do you guys want to do? We'll kill you guys if you try to match us in a small ball style, but what if you go back to your conventional line-up? The Warriors, don't forget, are also a legit 3 PT shooting team. If you were Avery Johnson, what would you do?
This might be the dumbest thread yet.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Search you out and mess you up.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabooli
Great post I think they should just come around to the fact they cant beat us!!!! All the warriors have been saying is "win out" take care of our business and "win out" you didn't tthink they meant win out in only the regular season did you. THey meant win out throughout the playoffs.
eeek....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-23-2007, 09:32 PM   #7
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

"both teams played hard"
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

welcome and just for future reference to get more respect and not annoy the senior guys here, just add your thoughts to another pre-existing mavs-warriors threat. there are several of them already (way too many) .

anywho, glad to have a warriors fan that is not a troll on board! congrats on the victory indead. over a decade is a long time. we know exactly how you feel as we were there not too long ago.

I'd have to say it was not a good game for the Mavs. I thought the Warriors played awesome, they really impressed me on offense but more importantly on defense. However, I think this is more because of the small lineup that Avery kept putting out on the floor than it does of the Warriors defense.

holding the Mavs to only 85 is quite a feet. The mavs sucked though. They rarely could hit a shot. They could not make layups to save their life. They could not get any rebounds. And they turned the ball over too often. All this would contribute to the lack of points. The Mavs just had a lack of fire and determination to me.

Davis played one hell of a game. He was on fire in the 2nd half. We just did not have an answer for him at that time.

Changes that I think need to be made is that Avery puts back the normal lineup. We didn't win 67 games on the line up we played last night. If we go big, I think we have a better chance. We just don't match up well with the Warriors very well period but I think we will be better if going big. The big thing there is for rebounds and for clogging up the paint so there is no more driving to the basket. That may open up the 3 point shots more for the Warriors but they seemed to light up the Mavs anyway with us playing small. I'll take the chance. I don't see the warriors consistently being hot throughout the whole series.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:50 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

Well if avery does, I'm hoping he actually thinks he sees something versus knee-jerking. I was pretty shocked to see him come out like that the first game. I could see migrating to that lineup.

I sort of thought he wanted to take the starch out of the weepers a little bit and then go back to a more normal lineup, but he stayed with it. If we are going to shoot that bad, we're going to need a LOT more possessions!!

The first quarter and up until halftime we were getting outrebounded badly. It's a sure sign that things aren't going well but normally we have a center in there. Things will be very interesting wednesday.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:11 PM   #10
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

The biggest problem is the zone defense. Avery obviously doesn't practice against it for whatever reason. You would think that would be a point of emphasis with him since the Heat basically won that series last year by playing zone. I heard Del Harris mention in an interview that Avery doesn't practice much against the zone because he doesn't believe in it, offensively or defensively. Hmm.

The Mavs can't hit wide open shot against the zone either. It is weird. Everybody says the Mavs need to drive to the hoop and stop standing around. Sound familiar? Same things that were being said last year against the Heat. Devin Harris is the ONLY guy on the team that drive against the zone and Avery is waiting for the playoffs to teach his players how to beat it. Lets just hope they get it together before it is too late.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:18 PM   #11
Bookit
Diamond Member

One more thing about this matchup. Avery needs to wise up and STOP double teaming guys that post up. Just resist the temptation and let the post up guy shoot it every time. That would surely break the GS rythm for sure as all the other guys that are anxious to spot up, cut to the hoop, or shoot a 3 will be dissapointed just standing around. We all know that GS's whole offense is based on creating mismatches. Let them beat us shooting with those mismatches 2 points at a time. I doubt they can do it.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #12
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

you should just start a new thread everytime you have a thought.

....oh wait.......

nevermind.