Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-24-2007, 08:38 AM   #1
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all
Default A really nice read -- INterview from Dirk after the first game

He is giving interviews too a german newspaper i try to tranlate it (sorry for all typos and errors *G)

We startet with the wrong foot in the playoffs
Wir sind mit dem falschen Fuß in die Playoffs gestartet!

As the best Team in the NBA wie lost our first game against Golden State 85:07 at home.
Als bestes Team der NBA haben wir am Sonntag das erste Spiel gegen Golden State zu Hause mit 85:97 verloren.

Our Trainer Avery put me in as a Center , we trained that the hole week in practice.
But it didn;t work out like we hoped.

Unser Trainer Avery Johnson hat mich als Center aufgestellt, das haben wir die ganze Woche vorher im Training geübt. Aber es hat leider nicht so geklappt, wie wir uns das gewünscht haben.

Ich habe nur 14 Punkte gemacht. Die Warriors haben mich sehr geschickt verteidigt. Wenn ich den Ball mal hatte, kamen sie gleich mit zwei, drei Spielern an, um mich vom Korb wegzuhalten.

Don Nelson, our Ex Trainer, showed us that he still has it. Takes the presure away from his Team bevore the game even if they won 3 times in the regulare season this Year.
Don Nelson, unser Ex-Trainer, der jetzt bei Golden State ist, hat bewiesen, dass er es immer noch drauf hat. Hat vor dem Spiel die Erwartungen runtergeschraubt. Dabei haben die uns in der regulären Saison in drei Spielen drei Mal besiegt.

Sure i am disappointed. But thats just the first game from max 7 matches in this series. We still can turn this around.
Klar, ich bin jetzt enttäuscht. Aber das war nur das erste von maximal sieben Matches in der Serie. Die können wir noch drehen.

Now we have still two days too figure out what went wrong. On monday we had a long videoanalyse with Avery, after that we went too the gym. The mood was good despite the defeat.
Jetzt haben wir erst mal zwei Tage Zeit rauszufinden, was verkehrt lief. Am Montag hatten wir eine lange Videoanalyse mit Avery Johnson, danach ging es in die Trainingshalle. Die Stimmung war trotz der Niederlage gut.

We train once per day after that i work with Holger Geschwinder the Wurfdoktor (Shot doctor). He knows me since youth and is already 2 weeks in Dallas. We work ca 1 hour in the Gym every Day working on my technik.
Wir trainieren einmal am Tag, danach arbeite ich noch mit Holger Geschwindner, dem „Wurfdoktor“. Er kennt mich seit der Jugend und ist jetzt seit fast zwei Wochen in Dallas. Wir stehen jeden Tag ungefähr eine Stunde zusammen in der Halle, arbeiten an meiner Technik.

I love to train. Last Season Avery said (as a joke) i have to pay $1000 as fee if i work on free days in the Gym.
Ich trainiere gerne. So gerne, dass Avery letzte Saison scherzhaft gedroht hat, ich müsse 1000 Dollar Strafe bezahlen, wenn ich an trainingsfreien Tagen in die Halle gehe...

The regular Season went well for me. We won 67 from 82 games. The Best in mav History (we german need some backup History *G)
Die reguläre Saison ist für mich sehr gut gelaufen. Wir haben von 82 Partien 67 gewonnen – das beste Ergebnis in der Geschichte der Mavericks.

My % got better. ANd now iam a MVP candidat. THe press vote every Year for the best Player of the Season.
Ich habe mich in den Wurf-Statistiken verbessert. Und werde nun als MVP-Kandidat gehandelt. Die Journalisten hier wählen jedes Jahr den besten Spieler der Saison.

The NBA will announce the result in the next days. The MVP is not as importent for me. It is a Team sport and the titel is much more important.
Die NBA wird das Ergebnis in den nächsten Tagen bekannt geben. Mir ist diese Auszeichnung aber nicht so wichtig. Basketball ist ein Mannschaftssport. Mir wäre der Meistertitel wichtiger.

To the German Fans :
Meine Bitte an die deutschen Basketballfans: Drückt uns die Daumen! Das können wir in den Playoffs gebrauchen. Vor allem nach der Auftakt-Niederlage gegen Golden State.

I didnt know how hard it is to translate -- puhhh

Last edited by GermanFan; 04-24-2007 at 10:59 AM.
GermanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2007, 08:42 AM   #2
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

Maybe its easyer to ready without the German Text
As the best Team in the NBA wie lost our first game against Golden State 85:07 at home.
Our Trainer Avery put me in as a Center , we trained that the hole week in practice.
Don Nelson, our Ex Trainer, showed us that he still has it. Takes the presure away from his Team bevore the game even if they won 3 times in the regulare season this Year.
Sure i am disappointed. But thats just the first game from max 7 matches in this series. We still can turn this around.
Now we have still two days too figure out what went wrong. On monday we had a long videoanalyse with Avery, after that we went too the gym. The mood (thanks jthig32) was good despite the defeat.
We train once per day after that i work with Holger Geschwinder the Wurfdoktor (Shot doctor ). He knows me since youth and is already 2 weeks in Dallas. We work ca 1 hour in the Gym every Day working on my technik.
I love to train. Last Season Avery said (as a joke) i have to pay $1000 as fee if i work on free days in the Gym.
The regular Season went well for me. We won 67 from 82 games. The Best in mav History (we german need some backup History *G)
My % got better. ANd now iam a MVP candidat. THe press vote every Year for the best Player of the Season.
The NBA will announce the result in the next days. The MVP is not as importent for me. It is a Team sport and the titel is much more important.

After i read everythink in english i would like to delete this again *G Mod ?
This was a really good text in german with some information that i didn't see on english pages but still You guys better learn german
Please dont go after my trought (treat worthy)

Last edited by GermanFan; 04-24-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:00 AM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

No worries dude, we always appreciate people translating German articles about Dirk.

BTW, the (can't find the right word), I beleive you're looking for "mood".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-24-2007 at 09:00 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Hey, where do you have this interview from?

Thanks for the translation - i know it's a lot of work.

Urgh, i tried to translate another very cool interview via google - you're translation skills are miles ahead of their.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany

Last edited by Zaknaf3in; 04-24-2007 at 09:35 AM.
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:31 AM   #5
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

cool. Thanks GermanFan. Fun to read.

"Wurfdoktor" might be "Shot doctor" in English, if it means the guy who teaches how to throw the ball in the basket.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Ok, i spent some time on this - so please read it.

Dirk Nowitzki about his dancing talent, his ninth year in the NBA, Olympic Games 2008 and the title chances with the Dallas Mavericks in the playoffs.

Now that’s a pretty cool thing, the video of you which was done for the playoffs. The one with you, e-guitar in hands, and imitating Mick Jagger. Your Texan fans are going wild with it, when shown during breaks in the home matches. Best of entertainment!

To understand that you have to know that I am a huge music fan, that I’m able to play guitar and that I’ve been a Stones fan for ever.

Although, a performance like this one comes as a surprise, given your close disposition…

…they had to coax me for a long while. There already is a video like this with my team-mate Devin Harris and the rapper MC Hammer, that was a surprising success.
Then someone meant it to be time for a video with the Dirk.
There are people, who tell me to show more of my character and personality, anyway.
Ok then, at home I’m rocking with loud music pretty often. And now, suddenly there are fans who are shocked when I swing my hips!

Maybe they are more shocked about how much room for improvement you got on your dancing skills.

Oh well – it could truly be better. But honestly, for me dancing always is difficult anew.

On the field, you are dancing around your opponents more than ever before.
Not only your Trainer, Avery Johnson, but also a lot of opponents share the opinion, that your ninth season in the US is your best so far.

I don’t know. It’s not a bad one, that’s for sure. We have never performed better with the Mavericks, and I’m part of it as the captain of the team. Currently, I am not getting 30 to 40 points a night, my average was going down, but that was a deliberate move by Avery: he wanted to make the team more unpredictable.

Many of your performances are not that spectacular to watch for the audience.
You barely stand out, but if one is reading the statistics afterwards, there are 21, 23 or 26 points of you, mostly the most points in the team.

To play more inconspicuously, doesn’t have to be a bad thing fort he team. I’ve improved in giving assists, and, as demanded, in the defence, as much as on other situations where we had problems.

The Playoffs start next Friday, and your team, as the best of the preseason, imposes himself as a contender. How do you see that?

I’m a pessimist to such an extent, you won’t believe it. I got that trait from my mom, she is pretty much the same. When I played a weaker game, I feel like being the world’s worst player and put the bite on myself the next morning, starting with 300
[Strafwürfen // penalty-throws?] in the training.
//Could be free-throws, but I think he implies to punish himself with making extra shots.

So how the pessimist measures the title chances?

That’s hard to measure. These playoffs after such a draining season are like a season in the season. It’s possible for any team to catch fire and to unexpectedly punch us out.
Anyway, playoff games are packed with dramatic which is a great thing, it’s a completely different thing as the normal season. But if we belonged to the losers after our great results so far, the whole season was kaput, and all the victories wouldn’t count anymore.

Last year, the playoffs did not end until the finals against Miami, but in such a bitter way, losing 2:4 after a preliminary 2:0.

And if you think about how much energy, power and also luck we needed to get into these finals, it’s just crazy! Seven hard fought games against S.A., six against Phoenix. These will be the hunks in our western conference. The opponent in the finals, coming from the eastern conference, won’t be the hardest one.

After the K.O. against Miami, you haven’t been addressable about this loss for month, appeared devastated. With the distance of a year: how have you been able to pull yourself together for such a great season?

Sadly, I haven’t been able and I never will be able to put that away.
The club even wanted to hire a mental coach for us. But I am no psycho, I don’t need one of these guys. With 29 years, I’m approaching the 30 quickly, but the finals were not my last chance. Still, I’m not 35. I’m feeling young and on the peak, there are possibilities.
But one thing remains clear: If I won’t reach these NBA finals again in my life, or won’t win it then, the last summer will haunt me my whole life, and there’s nothing I could do about it.

If you could choose between winning the NBA title once, or participate on the Olympic Games in Peking, which you announced to be your last Olympic chance – what would you decide for?

Egad, this question is hard to answer. Dallas is my employer, so from this aspect I’d say the title. But, in the summer at the latest, I will see it the other way.

Your continuous voiced critic on the poor condition of the German basketball youth is no subject today?

That really is no matter for me at the moment. No time for that. In the next weeks, the only thing which counts is these damned playoffs. The only thing I know is that the EC this year is in Span, and that the qualification for the Olympic Games starts with it. I’ll meet the guys 2 weeks before it. For more, I have no thoughts to spend.

Last edited by Zaknaf3in; 04-24-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #7
GermanFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknaf3in
Hey, where do you have this interview from?

Thanks for the translation - i know it's a lot of work.

Urgh, i tried to translate another very cool interview via google - you're translation skills are miles ahead of their.
They say it is a Kolumne so maybe they wirte more article during hopfully a long playoff run
http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/spor...d-kolumne.html

Urgh, i tried to translate another very cool interview via google
Do you have a link -- i give up on google in 10th grade *G my teacher was not really impressed with my english homework than *G

Now 7 years later i was hoping to do better than google (since i moved too Minneapolis *G)

Thanks i corrected you guys tips -- thanks
Sonja
Old 04-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #8
GermanFan

Zaknaf3in do you have the link to the interview (i guess it is in german originally *G)
Old 04-24-2007, 11:08 AM   #9
Zaknaf3in

Sure... FAZ.net
It's done by the FAZ - so it should be reliable.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:27 PM   #10
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

GermanFan....Thanks
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:02 PM   #11
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanFan
He is giving interviews too a german newspaper i try to tranlate it (sorry for all typos and errors *G)

Wir sind mit dem falschen Fuß in die Playoffs gestartet!

Als bestes Team der NBA haben wir am Sonntag das erste Spiel gegen Golden State zu Hause mit 85:97 verloren.

Unser Trainer Avery Johnson hat mich als Center aufgestellt, das haben wir die ganze Woche vorher im Training geübt. Aber es hat leider nicht so geklappt, wie wir uns das gewünscht haben.

Ich habe nur 14 Punkte gemacht. Die Warriors haben mich sehr geschickt verteidigt. Wenn ich den Ball mal hatte, kamen sie gleich mit zwei, drei Spielern an, um mich vom Korb wegzuhalten.

Don Nelson, unser Ex-Trainer, der jetzt bei Golden State ist, hat bewiesen, dass er es immer noch drauf hat. Hat vor dem Spiel die Erwartungen runtergeschraubt. Dabei haben die uns in der regulären Saison in drei Spielen drei Mal besiegt.

Klar, ich bin jetzt enttäuscht. Aber das war nur das erste von maximal sieben Matches in der Serie. Die können wir noch drehen.

Now we have still two days too figure out what went wrong. On monday we had a long videoanalyse with Avery, after that we went too the gym. The mood was good despite the defeat.
Jetzt haben wir erst mal zwei Tage Zeit rauszufinden, was verkehrt lief. Am Montag hatten wir eine lange Videoanalyse mit Avery Johnson, danach ging es in die Trainingshalle. Die Stimmung war trotz der Niederlage gut.

We train once per day after that i work with Holger Geschwinder the Wurfdoktor (Shot doctor). He knows me since youth and is already 2 weeks in Dallas. We work ca 1 hour in the Gym every Day working on my technik.
Wir trainieren einmal am Tag, danach arbeite ich noch mit Holger Geschwindner, dem „Wurfdoktor“. Er kennt mich seit der Jugend und ist jetzt seit fast zwei Wochen in Dallas. Wir stehen jeden Tag ungefähr eine Stunde zusammen in der Halle, arbeiten an meiner Technik.

Ich trainiere gerne. So gerne, dass Avery letzte Saison scherzhaft gedroht hat, ich müsse 1000 Dollar Strafe bezahlen, wenn ich an trainingsfreien Tagen in die Halle gehe...

Die reguläre Saison ist für mich sehr gut gelaufen. Wir haben von 82 Partien 67 gewonnen – das beste Ergebnis in der Geschichte der Mavericks.

Ich habe mich in den Wurf-Statistiken verbessert. Und werde nun als MVP-Kandidat gehandelt. Die Journalisten hier wählen jedes Jahr den besten Spieler der Saison.

Die NBA wird das Ergebnis in den nächsten Tagen bekannt geben. Mir ist diese Auszeichnung aber nicht so wichtig. Basketball ist ein Mannschaftssport. Mir wäre der Meistertitel wichtiger.

To the German Fans :
Meine Bitte an die deutschen Basketballfans: Drückt uns die Daumen! Das können wir in den Playoffs gebrauchen. Vor allem nach der Auftakt-Niederlage gegen Golden State.

nice work, sis!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote