Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-27-2011, 05:09 AM   #41
wiz
Banned

wiz is infamous around these partswiz is infamous around these partswiz is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Somebody of the media cares to point out that it needed an epic collapse by the Bulls to win this game and that the Heatles went super-lucky? No? Thought so ...
That my friend they call Defence,we got choked out of this game,what do people expect rose to do when his up against a 6-8 lbj,we dont have great scorers and too be Honest if rose isn't shooting...the rest of the bulls Struggle,i don't think they were lucky either they done it numerous times in the series coming back to beat us.

If dallas fans think they can walk through Miami,i think not....your in for a big suprise although i really want dallas to win this...for the sake of shutting south beach up and the divas,this will be a interesting series,Key to any championship is DEFENCE,i don't think you could compare dirks 40 point games to miami's 3 divas scoring 20+ points a game,if dallas D up they should win this!

Last edited by wiz; 05-27-2011 at 05:10 AM.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2011, 05:19 AM   #42
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
That my friend they call Defence,we got choked out of this game,what do people expect rose to do when his up against a 6-8 lbj,we dont have great scorers and too be Honest if rose isn't shooting...the rest of the bulls Struggle,i don't think they were lucky either they done it numerous times in the series coming back to beat us.

If dallas fans think they can walk through Miami,i think not....your in for a big suprise although i really want dallas to win this...for the sake of shutting south beach up and the divas,this will be a interesting series,Key to any championship is DEFENCE,i don't think you could compare dirks 40 point games to miami's 3 divas scoring 20+ points a game,if dallas D up they should win this!
I was referring to this article. You can't just say the Mavs got lucky by getting the Lakers when they had issues and an inexperienced Thunder team. That's too easy. Anyway. Heat had the same: Old, worn-out team with issues (injuries): Celtics. Young, inexperienced team that chocked: Bulls.

At least they should keep the conversation honest I think. Pretty intrigued what the coverage will provide today.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:27 AM   #43
wiz
Banned

wiz is infamous around these partswiz is infamous around these partswiz is infamous around these parts

One thing for sure is,dallas have great offense,Miami have great D,how and what do dallas do to slow down the 3 divas? lol there young and athletic and put up good numbers against the best defensive team in the comp being my bulls,why oh why can i see only dirk really hurting Miami....terry could go off,seems to have good numbers against the Heat but under there Choking D he'd probably shoot horrible.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:29 AM   #44
Dirkules41

Dirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the rough

Are we still on that winning streak in miami since 2006?
Dirkules41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #45
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkules41 View Post
Are we still on that winning streak in miami since 2006?
We have not lost to the Heat since the Finals in 2006. Since 2007 we are a perfect 10-0 against the Heat.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #46
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Butler hasnt even been cleared for practice yet. He wont be able to guard anybody.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #47
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Butler hasnt even been cleared for practice yet. He wont be able to guard anybody.
check the date on the post you're referring to...
Old 05-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #48
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx View Post
check the date on the post you're referring to...
rofl. why was this bumped then
Old 05-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #49
kchan4487

kchan4487 is a jewel in the roughkchan4487 is a jewel in the roughkchan4487 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
One thing for sure is,dallas have great offense,Miami have great D,how and what do dallas do to slow down the 3 divas? lol there young and athletic and put up good numbers against the best defensive team in the comp being my bulls,why oh why can i see only dirk really hurting Miami....terry could go off,seems to have good numbers against the Heat but under there Choking D he'd probably shoot horrible.

Well Dallas do have a top ten defense league-wise. Besides, its different in the playoffs, where you face only one team for 7 games. You can have a specific defensive game plan. Thing is with the Bulls, why they lost to the Heat wasnt because of bad defense, they were stifling. It was a lack of offense. Both teams when watched threw out too many isos...which you wouldnt see very much on the Mavs. The Heat has great on ball defenders in LBJ, Wade and Haslem, but thing is, on ball defenders arent worth much if the ball changes hands too fast. They looked beatable against the Celtics with the great ball movement the C's had. The C's just went down because of a lack of personnel (no center, injured Rondo, ineffective bench to let the old legs of their Big 3 rest).

I'm sure Spo will make the changes, and we'll be seeing a pretty tight series, but I'd put my money on the Mavs.
kchan4487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #50
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
We have not lost to the Heat since the Finals in 2006. Since 2007 we are a perfect 10-0 against the Heat.
You can throw that out the window, they won when it counted. Chicago was 3-0 against them this year, same with Boston and they both lost. This is a different Heat team.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #51
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
You can throw that out the window, they won when it counted. Chicago was 3-0 against them this year, same with Boston and they both lost. This is a different Heat team.
This is a different Mavs team as well.

Last time we beat the Heat, we were a team that was completely incapable of sweeping the Lakers in a 7-game series...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #52
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Last time we beat the Heat, we were a team that was completely incapable of sweeping the Lakers in a 7-game series...
word
Old 05-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #53
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I was referring to this article. You can't just say the Mavs got lucky by getting the Lakers when they had issues and an inexperienced Thunder team. That's too easy. Anyway. Heat had the same: Old, worn-out team with issues (injuries): Celtics. Young, inexperienced team that chocked: Bulls.

At least they should keep the conversation honest I think. Pretty intrigued what the coverage will provide today.
I'd put any of the 3 teams we have faced so far against any of the 3 Miami played. At least the teams we faced could actually score the basketball. Watching the 76ers and Bulls play offense is like sitting through a 2.5 hour loop of daytime tv commercials. Just utterly brutal to even watch. Of course their d will look good. But our D looked good against the Lakers, everyone's pick to win the West and who has 10x the scoring threats the Sixers or Bulls have.
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #54
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

No doubt about that, we took advantage of a Heat team that didn't know how to play together. I think our depth is better and that will help with 5 to go.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #55
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

The Mavs averaged something like 107 points per game against Oklahoma, while Miami averaged about 89 against Chicago.

I expect the scores in the finals to range between 90-100 points. If the Mavs can hold Miami under 90, then I think they will be in good shape.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #56
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Our defense against drives in last series was terrible. We couldn't stop most of Harden's and Wetbrook's drives. They had a lot of 2+1 actions, and remember:
Wade>Harden
James>Westbrook
Carlisle has few days to find right solution.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #57
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
God, sometimes I just really really love being wrong.
haha that's hilarious man
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #58
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pretty intrigued what the coverage will provide today.
Okay ... basically LeBron vs. Jordan. *sigh*

At least the question is answered whos team it is. Wade is officially a sidekick now. Get me some locker room issues plz!
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #59
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

...or Wade will go off and right the horrible wrong of being reduced to a mere sidekick by the media. I'd prefer chemistry issues on and off the court, though.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #60
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

The title of this thread always reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsGP3...eature=related

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #61
luckyflop777

luckyflop777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Our defense against drives in last series was terrible. We couldn't stop most of Harden's and Wetbrook's drives. They had a lot of 2+1 actions, and remember:
Wade>Harden
James>Westbrook
Carlisle has few days to find right solution.
Harden and Westbrook just run down to the paint and throw their bodies at someone hoping to get a call and they do 90% of the time. They did that the entire series against Denver and Memphis.
luckyflop777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #62
luckyflop777

luckyflop777 is on a distinguished road

James Harden was doing that way more than Westbrook though
luckyflop777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #63
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer View Post
The Mavs averaged something like 107 points per game against Oklahoma, while Miami averaged about 89 against Chicago.

I expect the scores in the finals to range between 90-100 points. If the Mavs can hold Miami under 90, then I think they will be in good shape.
Mavs are averaging 99.7 PPG while the Heat are averaging 92.9 PPG. The Mavs have been holding opposing teams to an average of 92.5 PPG this post season

Tags
ican guard cadbans mother, quitness, thread diarrhea, thread is from october