Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2021, 11:47 PM   #1
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

No to Casey as head coach. Silas, Moseley or Stotts I could see. A lot will depend on what Luka wants. I’d imagine we are a few years away from Rick hanging it up anyway. He’ll savour the opportunity to coach another all-time great. A rare opportunity. Pop had 3 if you count old David Robinson and truncated Kawhi. RC played (and coached) with Bird and was an assistant to Chuck Daly. And also played with McHale and Bill Walton and Parrish. Coached Reggie Miller. Played in college with Ralph Sampson? And obviously Dirk, Kidd and now Luka. Pretty great run he’s had.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:06 AM   #2
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
No to Casey as head coach. Silas, Moseley or Stotts I could see. A lot will depend on what Luka wants. I’d imagine we are a few years away from Rick hanging it up anyway. He’ll savour the opportunity to coach another all-time great. A rare opportunity. Pop had 3 if you count old David Robinson and truncated Kawhi. RC played (and coached) with Bird and was an assistant to Chuck Daly. And also played with McHale and Bill Walton and Parrish. Coached Reggie Miller. Played in college with Ralph Sampson? And obviously Dirk, Kidd and now Luka. Pretty great run he’s had.
Stott's is too much like RC

Way to laid back and doesn't put a lot of stock in defense.

His offense is more ISO and Blazers fans have pretty much grown tired of it.

My preference off that list would be either Casey or Mosely. Casey did a great job in Toronto despite coming up short in the playoffs. He always seemed to have them playing hard especially defensively.

He just couldn't get past LeBron......

I think a more defensive oriented coach would be nice change of pace for this franchise if they ever moved away from RC .

For far too many years we have been stuck with bad defensive teams and having someone who could change the identity of this franchise to me more hard nosed/tough minded able to compete on both ends of the floor for once would be awesome IMO.

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-06-2021 at 12:06 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:28 PM   #3
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with what most others are saying. Stotts seemingly feels much like RC with better offensive weapons. Theyve hit their ceiling already.

Moseley or Casey would be interesting. Anyone with a defensive minded background.

Obviously this is only once RC decides to step down.