Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-12-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fantasy Basketball 2008-2009

who's gonna start this up? evilmav?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

check your pm, lol.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The second yahoo league still has a bunch of spots open, and it would be great to get you on board again, FF! . Here is the registration info if you are interested in participating:

League ID#: 33724
League Name: Dallas-Mavs.com D League
Password: KingBradley
Old 10-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Alright guys, it's been discusses semi-frequently in the lounge about the idea of a keeper fantasy bball league. Well it has been made and we need one more owner.

LongHornDub and U2...you guys need to accept your invites!

This is going to be a major, long haul (hopefully) kind of league. If you're interested, please PM me and remember, we've only got one more slot left. We'll hopefully get the draft going right before the season tips off!

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 10-14-2008 at 06:17 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

haha, record timing.

FreshJive is in! Guys, we'll get the ball rolling real soon, promise!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

*Bump*

I'm just bumping this thread up again to see if anyone else wants to take part in the second D-M yahoo fantasy league. We've got six of ten spots filled, and I think my younger bro will be taking a seventh, and the draft is this upcoming Sunday at 3:30 PM CDT, so if you are interested in competing in a very active and competitive league please register at the following address: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba

With the following information:

The teams at present are:

Bradley Abomination (MadApe)
Bear Run Ballers (Repomax)
Umm Ok
Dirkidds (Pongo)
Pluto's Rings
Tide of Evil (me)
and prospectively my younger brother, the former poster Mavinator

Last edited by Evilmav2; 10-14-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the first league...and thought the draft was this Sat??

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:02 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

The draft is at 3:30 CDT this Sunday afternoon, although I would be more than willing to change that time if any good number of participants wished it so, and if another agreeable time could be found...
Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 PM   #9
BGMaverick9
Guru

I'm sorry again, Evil.
I feel bad!!! You know I'd be in there if I could!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #10
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I'm okay with whatever draft time nets me Kobe, CP3, DWade, Lebron and D12.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
The draft is at 3:30 CDT this Sunday afternoon, although I would be more than willing to change that time if any good number of participants wished it so, and if another agreeable time could be found...
are you talking about this league??? Dallas_Mavs_com_League

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
are you talking about this league??? Dallas_Mavs_com_League
No, that's the first league. I started up a second because some posters who missed out on league one wanted to participate, but we're lagging a little bit for members, although all current contributors are strong former fantasy participants. The second league is:

Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...ue/dm_d_league

The draft for the first league is at Sat Oct 25 12:00pm CDT, whereas the second is earlier, at Sun Oct 19 3:30pm CDT...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 10-14-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #13
sike
The Preacha

but the first league's draft is still on the 25th? I was almost certain that it was the 18th.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
but the first league's draft is still on the 25th? I was almost certain that it was the 18th.
Yeah, the draft date for the first league has been the 25th since I started it. I haven't changed any settings or the draft time on league one. I did change the date on the second league at the request of another manager, but nothing has changed with the first league...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 10-14-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Yeah, the draft date for the first league has been the 25th since I started it. I haven't changed any settings or the draft time on league one. I did change the date on the second league at the request of another manager, but nothing has changed with the first league...
I hate waiting. Darn you late date!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:30 PM   #16
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
I hate waiting. Darn you late date!!!
Hahaha... I'd change the date in a heartbeat if a majority of league managers wanted to do it early. I had my first fantasy draft last weekend, and I'm raring for more ...
Old 10-14-2008, 10:33 PM   #17
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Hahaha... I'd change the date in a heartbeat if a majority of league managers wanted to do it early. I had my first fantasy draft last weekend, and I'm raring for more ...

How did you do in it?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 PM   #18
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
How did you do in it?
knowing Evil...like a thief in the night.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #19
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

The jury is still out on that one, because I took over a previous manager's spot in a long-standing 14 team keeper league with some extremely elaborate rules, so I didn't get to pick the core of my team in the draft, but instead had to make some hard decisions about who I wanted to keep while staying under the league salary cap. If I'm lucky, I'll be pretty darned competitive with the older vets in this league, but I've got some work to do to re-shape the core of the roster along lines that I'm happier with, although I was very happy to be able to pick up a good handful of players who fit my kind of fantasy bball team in the first round of the 4 1/2 hour (!) chat-room live-draft that we conducted last Sunday...
Old 10-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #20
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
knowing Evil...like a thief in the night.
Hahaha... Some of the managers were ridiculing some of my late picks, but we'll see who ends up laughing last. My fantasy football draft instincts may have let me down this year, but that seldom happens in fantasy basketball...
Old 10-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #21
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Hahaha... Some of the managers were ridiculing some of my late picks, but we'll see who ends up laughing last. My fantasy football draft instincts may have let me down this year, but that seldom happens in fantasy basketball...
I wouldn't say that...it's more the injury bug.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:09 PM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
I wouldn't say that...it's more the injury bug.
Yeah, I appreciate your saying that, but I'm still cursing myself for going after Brady/Romo in the first round in a bunch of my leagues. The Brady injury deep sixed me in three leagues in week one, and now I'm debating the merits of Huard vs. Orlovsky on my Romo ones.

In years past I would draft a gang of three or even four mid-low tier QB's in the mid to late rounds and then see which ones panned out to fill the starters position, and that would usually work out and leave my top picks for RB's and WR's. This year I put too many eggs in a single basket by spending high draft picks on Brady/Romo, and I feel that was a mistake (our keeper league being just about the only league where I didn't do this, but even that fella is struggling)...
Old 10-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #23
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

still 4 spots open. JOIN
Old 10-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #24
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

is it too late?
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote