Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Even though I think it's bologna that being disgruntled or mismanaged is good reason to shoot 37%, I also don't think that a player of his caliber (good role player) should be allowed to be so disgruntled after 1 bad season. This isn't Chris Bosh or Jason Kidd we're talking about. You honestly don't have a problem with a role player like him being this publicly disgruntled and asking for a trade? (his being disgruntled, by the way, started right after Sergio left. NOT after a year of "mismanagement").

Just about every single Blazer fan I know hates Rudy and can't wait to see him gone. I think there's a good reason for that.

Still Cadbane, no one has answered this. If Rudy wasn't content with 23 minutes in Portland, why do you think he'll be content with 23 minutes here. If 23 minutes is considered him being "mismanaged" - which you say contributed to his really sh*tty season - why exactly wouldn't that be a problem here as well?
Must Spread Rep

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Even though I think it's bologna that being disgruntled or mismanaged is good reason to shoot 37%, I also don't think that a player of his caliber (good role player) should be allowed to be so disgruntled after 1 bad season. This isn't Chris Bosh or Jason Kidd we're talking about. You honestly don't have a problem with a role player like him being this publicly disgruntled and asking for a trade? (his being disgruntled, by the way, started right after Sergio left. NOT after a year of "mismanagement").

Just about every single Blazer fan I know hates Rudy and can't wait to see him gone. I think there's a good reason for that.

Still Cadbane, no one has answered this. If Rudy wasn't content with 23 minutes in Portland, why do you think he'll be content with 23 minutes here. If 23 minutes is considered him being "mismanaged" - which you say contributed to his really sh*tty season - why exactly wouldn't that be a problem here as well?
Oh, I was never arguing that he should/will come here. He won't. I was simply arguing his worth as a player.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

RudyĀ“s a better player than he could show last season. IĀ“d say heĀ“s a very good rotation guy, but wouldnĀ“t be a great starter. As for him being disgruntled about his role, people must take into account that heĀ“s a spaniard (a mallorcine to be exact, just like Nadal) and those guys have alot of pride. We have a house in Spain and IĀ“m living there for at least a month every year, and these people are different, they have honour and pride. IĀ“m not saying this exuses his behaviour but maybe it explains it.

Last edited by Fidel; 07-28-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:29 AM   #4
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to allblessednegr0 is a name known to all

Fluid.... I get you completely. However we are missing the greater points here. Us getting Rudy Fernandez does the following.

-We are forced to trade Terry or limit his role.

-We now have a combo at the 2 of Roddy/Fernandez you can start either... But I think Roddy would be better suited as the new JET. Kind of like a NVE roll....

-Caron moves to the 3 which he is MUCH MUCH MUCH more effective.

-Our bench gets deeper with Marion backing up Butler AND Dirk as well as Tim Thomas and others off the bench.

This isn't solely about Rudy Fernandez. Will he play like Kobe this year? Hell no... But can he give us more options then we have had the last 4 years at the 2 spot? Absolutely.

Lets go over our recent history and see why he could be any worse... So at two guard we have had:

Finley (old streaky shooter)
Buckner (ancient)
Antoine Wright (I liked him... But he was limited... Plus Avery didnt give him much burn)
Butler (out of position... great forward though.)
Josh Howard (Out of position.. Injury Prone... And cancer.)

For the record... I loved the Daniels/Howard combo. Throw in Devin Harris and we could have been great for years to come IMO.

But with the list above ^ why is Rudy Fernandez, at 25 years old. Stellar rookie year, coming off of injury last year... Tell me why he is so much worse then what we have...

The team we have constructed is the best we have EVER had at any position. Why not take a flyer on a player who may only cost you 2nd round picks or a TPE? ... Maybe even Ajinca.

Kidd/Roddy/Barea
UP IN THE AIR
Butler/Marion
Dirk/Tim Thomas/Marion
The WOOD/Chandler/Mahini (spelling)/Ajinca

Every position is absolutely better then what we had for the last 5 years. We have been weak at 2 guard for how long now? We have our center issues solved as we have probably the best rotation in the NBA....

Why won't Rudy work? If he needs to come off the bench thats fine. Start Roddy... But bottom line Rudy will NOT be any worse then what we are getting from our current 2 guard rotation.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

speculation

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Jack Kerr are you Rudy Fernandez or something? I just don't think he's that good. I definitely don't think he's a good option for this team. That's my opinion, something I'm allowed to have. It's like you're taking this personally.

Besides, most of my argument is that he's not a great fit here. The garbage bit was hyperbole, like I said earlier. If he goes to the Knicks and does well I don't see how that means I'm wrong. He very well may have a year better than his rookie year in a Knicks uniform, but that would say more about Mike Dan and Tony than Rudy. It would be awfully silly for his hypothetic inflated knicks numbers to be a reason to say "oh man, we should have gotten him!".

anyway.. I know this is a slow offseason and everything, but I'm done talking about Rudy. I'm sorry I insulted a player you like, but he's not worth pages of arguing back and forth.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #7
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jack Kerr are you Rudy Fernandez or something? I just don't think he's that good. I definitely don't think he's a good option for this team. That's my opinion, something I'm allowed to have. It's like you're taking this personally.

Besides, most of my argument is that he's not a great fit here. The garbage bit was hyperbole, like I said earlier. If he goes to the Knicks and does well I don't see how that means I'm wrong. He very well may have a year better than his rookie year in a Knicks uniform, but that would say more about Mike Dan and Tony than Rudy. It would be awfully silly for his hypothetic inflated knicks numbers to be a reason to say "oh man, we should have gotten him!".

anyway.. I know this is a slow offseason and everything, but I'm done talking about Rudy. I'm sorry I insulted a player you like, but he's not worth pages of arguing back and forth.
Man, take it easy.

Your suggestion was that they stick with Jet. If that's all they're able to do, I'm going to have a difficult time being enthusiastic about the Mavericks this year. I understand that they're giving it their best shot in the next couple of years to win with Dirk. But I also think they need to start doing something to reshape an aging roster. I'm not saying they have to hit home runs either, but a couple of singles would be nice.

As for FernƔndez, just considering the alternative places he might end up, I was actually conceding that Dallas might not be the best fit for HIM.

I actually appreciated your opinion, and agree that you're free to have it, but obviously I think you're wrong. I did respond specifically to a couple of things you wrote though, just because I had an opposite point of view. But definitely nothing personal. And obviously (channeling Dirk here), you're free not to discuss it anymore.

Enjoy your summer.

P.S.: What about Sasha Vujacic? I hear he's available. :-)

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 07-29-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
P.S.: What about Sasha Vujacic? I hear he's available. :-)
Done and done!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #9
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Interesting discussion and arguements for both points of view. I agree this is the best team we have fielded since Aquire and Schrimph were here. There is still one other problem though. We have a coach who doesn't know how to utilize his bench so he won't.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Josh...

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1
Old 07-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
A little revisionist history?
Quote:
They gave me the opportunity to get out of Dallas and actually play free, which I took and I appreciate them for that.
Quote:
Asked if he felt appreciated by the Mavericks front office, Howard replied: "They should answer that one, but I don't think so. I definitely don't think so. It they did, I would still be here."
LOL, if the Mavs didn't appreciate him, they would have shipped his sorry ass years ago (like they should have!)

Bitch.

(but one look at the Obama administration tells me they have some great f*cking weed in D.C. so Josh outta be happy there...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-30-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #12
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

LOL, if the Mavs didn't appreciate him, they would have shipped his sorry ass years ago (like they should have!)

Bitch.

(but one look at the Obama administration tells me they have some great f*cking weed in D.C. so Josh outta be happy there...)
What the f**K does Obama has anything to do with Howard?....I mean it don't matter how much you hate dude Howard but to bring the president in this Howard then is talking this to far.

Oh and I waiting for a response and please make it good dude!!

Last edited by Thomas86; 07-30-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:39 PM   #13
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Is this really called for?...I mean it don't matter how much you hate Howard but to bring the president in this Howard then is talking this to far.
Quit acting like a bitch.

Obama is a big boy - he can take it (full clout, no coughing or nothin'..... zing!)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-30-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:43 PM   #14
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Quit acting like a bitch.

Obama is a big boy - he can take it (full clout, no coughing or nothin'..... zing!)
Takes one to know one d*ck head.

Like Obama has ANYTHING to do with Howard.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #15
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Bitch.

Man, what an ungrateful POS. Yeah Josh, we didn't give you the ability to "play free" here when we foolishly let you jack up contested jumper after contested jumper with no consequences. Fuck Howard. Never liked him.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:35 AM   #16
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, in 2005-2006 who would've ever thought that Howard would've turned out to be such d*ckhead? I've never seen a more meteoric fall from Mavericks grace than that of Josh Howard.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:21 AM   #17
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Seriously, in 2005-2006 who would've ever thought that Howard would've turned out to be such d*ckhead? I've never seen a more meteoric fall from Mavericks grace than that of Josh Howard.
Roy Tarpley?

(but I get your point - Josh definitely deep-sixed his popularity with this franchise, even after being forgiven over & over again...)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-31-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:11 PM   #18
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roy Tarpley?

(but I get your point - Josh definitely deep-sixed his popularity with this franchise, even after being forgiven over & over again...)
I actually thought about Roy Tarpley, but at least Tarpley didn't make excuses for himself. Tarpley never said anything like "You can't control what the ball do."
Old 07-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #19
Underdog

Quote:
I actually thought about Roy Tarpley, but at least Tarpley didn't make excuses for himself. Tarpley never said anything like "You can't control what the ball do."
Good point.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #20
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"You can't control what the nose do"
Old 08-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #21
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
However, "You can't control what the ball do" was a great contribution to dallas-mavs.com.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #22
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth View Post
However, "You can't control what the ball do" was a great contribution to dallas-mavs.com.
This I cannot deny.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:28 AM   #23
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've never seen a more meteoric fall from Mavericks grace than that of Josh Howard.
Avery.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:34 AM   #24
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Avery.
Nah, Avery was arrogant, egotistical and a bit delusional (he created MVP Dirk?), but he never burned any bridges with the Mavs...

If anything, he was overrated to begin with and eventually sank down to where he belonged...

Old 07-31-2010, 09:32 AM   #25
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Spiral mentioned a meteoric fall...not necessarily just "burning bridges." When it comes to complete collapses, Avery's last half of his Mav career rates up there. And although he wasn't as public about it, I can't imagine any bridge left for him where he'd be welcomed back with open arms.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #26
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Spiral mentioned a meteoric fall...not necessarily just "burning bridges." When it comes to complete collapses, Avery's last half of his Mav career rates up there. And although he wasn't as public about it, I can't imagine any bridge left for him where he'd be welcomed back with open arms.
In Avery's last days here there was just so much tension. So many fans wanted him gone. The team had tuned him out. I still remember Dirk walking out of the team huddles. Mark Cuban staring daggers at Avery, while wearing the "Avery's team" T-shirt. Fireavery.com was being established by some hardcore Mav fans. He was pretty much hated by nearly everyone around these parts. And the funny thing is, I think history will repeat itself in NJ for Avery, I don't think he's the right coach for Devin Harris and the rest of the youngsters there.

Last edited by LSMF; 07-31-2010 at 12:19 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #27
Underdog

Quote:
True, Avery's last couple seasons were a train wreck (benching Kidd was the lowlight), but he never said anything negative about the Mavericks to the press.

And I agree he wouldn't be welcomed back to the organization with open arms, but nobody with the Mavs seems to be holding a grudge and it doesn't seem like Avery is either.

But, yeah, Avery definitely was one of the fastest crash-and-burns in this organization - going from a Finals appearance/coach of the year to winning 67 games and grabbing the 1st seed, only to lose to an 8th seed by "playing down" to Nellie's small ball then following that up with another 1st-round exit is definitely a long way to drop... But at least he didn't make it worse by talking a bunch of smack.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #28
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well this "play free" business is just the typical Howard bs these days. Funny because he won't be playing at all anytime soon. I really think it's sheer stupidity. Some people really don't realize what comes out of their mouths. Sad, but true....

Chuck away Howard...chuck away.....

Old 07-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #29
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Well if he really wants to "Play Free" he'd better start asking for a trade to GS. Nellie won't have a problem with him launching up his bricks. The Wizards will actually be good very soon with Wall, Hinrich, Mcgee, Thornton and others. If they start getting good, I doubt they're going to want to watch Josh Howard launch stepback jumpers that are usually bricks.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #30
LSMF
Diamond Member

"You can't control what the ball do." Probably one of the dumbest comments in sports right there. And it shows Josh Howard's mentality. Rather than say he's struggling and he'll try to step it up, he'd rather blame the damn basketball. Thank God he's gone, the guy went from looking like the 2nd coming of Scottie Pippen to what he looks like now.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #31
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't doubt if Howard was high when he was interviewed.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #32
CadBane
Banned

I saw Minny waved Delone West. I certainly wouldn't mind signing him.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #33
fluid.forty.one

wow... NBA slaps the Mavs in the face

NBA Announces Its 'Important' Games. I Guess The Mavs Don't Have Any.
By Mike Fisher -- DB.com

I've said it before and I’ll say it again: Tuesday night’s NBA “Selection Show’’ (a poorly fitting rip-off from March Madness’ newsy TV gimmick) sends the wrong message: This group of “marquee games’’ – none of which feature the Dallas Mavericks, by the way – are somehow “different’’ from the group of “oh-yeah-these-games-will-have-to-be-played-too) events scheduled to be announced next Tuesday.
But, hey, nobody asked me why Bulls-Knicks is important … or why any games involving the Wizards, Kings and Clippers deserve a special “Selection Show’’ platform. I just report ‘em … So here goes:

Season Opener, October 26, TNT
Miami Heat at Boston Celtics, 6:30 p.m.
Houston Rockets at Los Angeles Lakers, 9:30 p.m.
ESPN Season Opener, October 27
Chicago Bulls at Oklahoma City Thunder, 7:00 p.m.
Portland Trail Blazers at Los Angeles Clippers: 9:30 p.m.
TNT's first Thursday night doubleheader, October 28
Washington Wizards at Orlando Magic, 7:00 p.m.
Phoenix Suns at Utah Jazz, 9:30 p.m.
ESPN's first Friday night doubleheader
Orlando Magic at Miami Heat, 7:00 p.m.
Los Angeles Lakers at Phoenix Suns, 9:30 p.m.
NBATV's opening slate
Denver Nuggets at Houston Rockets, October 30, 7:30 p.m.
Utah Jazz at Oklahoma City Thunder, October 31, 6:00 p.m.
Portland Trail Blazers at Chicago Bulls, November 1, 7:00 p.m.
Christmas Day
Chicago Bulls at New York Knicks, 11:00 a.m., ESPN.
Boston Celtics at Orlando Magic, 1:30 p.m., ABC
Miami Heat at Los Angeles Lakers, 4:00 p.m., ABC
Denver Nuggets at Oklahoma City Thunder, 7:00 p.m., ESPN
Portland Trail Blazers at Golden State Warriors, 9:30 p.m., ESPN
Martin Luther King Day, January 17
Chicago Bulls at Memphis Grizzlies, 12 noon, ESPN
Sacramento Kings at Atlanta Hawks, 3:00 p.m., NBATV
Orlando Magic at Boston Celtics, 7:00 p.m., TNT
Oklahoma City Thunder at Los Angeles Lakers, 9:30 p.m., TNT

And again, next Tuesday the NBA will announce whether the Mavs have any “important’’ games.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:26 AM   #34
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I guess if the Mavs want any respect, first they'll need to quit setting fail records.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:35 AM   #35
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I guess if the Mavs want any respect, first they'll need to quit setting fail records.
Sure, because they're a lot more embarrassing than the Kings or the Clippers.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:35 AM   #36
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Old 08-05-2010, 02:22 AM   #37
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will admit the Kings and Clippers did no more than the Mavs to earn respect.

But at least they don't go around setting fail records. I hear "first NBA team to lose a series after going up 3-0" is still open, maybe the Mavs should go for that this year. Perhaps Dirk won't bail us out at the eleventh hour like he did against Portland last time.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #38
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Less national coverage = KTXA and FSN more right?
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #39
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Because no one outside of Dallas and Gremany give a shet about the Mavs.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #40
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't matter to me, i'm getting league pass again. I'd rather listen to Mark and Bob over the douchers that call the games nationally who don't know anything about the team.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...