Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-16-2001, 09:40 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

(This is off the LMF board. ESPN also reported the same thing. We knew about Finley, and were pretty sure about Bradley. How come we haven't heard any thing with Booth? Any suggestions?)

Fox radio reports Finley's ready to sign for $102 million. Bradley's apparently ready to ink as well.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:47 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

booth isn't as high of a priority as finley or bradley...
take care of fin..take care of bradley, take care of any other transactions..i.e. hardaway, resigning of booth, etc, re-up with dirk for a long term deal
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 10:28 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I know Booth wouldn't be resigned before Fin or Bradley, but you heard rumors long before what Fin would make at X amount of years--same with Bradley. I just thought it a bit strange that we haven't heard any thing concerning his situation, except popping up on a couple teams list of players to go after (ex. NY).

I would think he would be 3rd in order of things the Mavs want to accomplish this off-season.
Old 07-17-2001, 08:15 AM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I think the way it works is this: since Booth is a restricted free agent, the Mavs have to give him an offer of 120% of his previous years salary to keep him restricted. Then Booth can go out and get offers from other teams. If he signs an offer sheet, then the Mavs have a few days to match or lose him.

Perhaps the Mavs are just sitting back and waiting to see what Booth will get from other sources, and then planning on matching. I havn't heard about any other restriced free agents signing with their current teams... so maybe this is how it normally works.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 01:13 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I didn't think about that Madape...Good suggestion.

Old 07-17-2001, 03:02 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't Buckner bring his offer sheet back late in the summer last year? Maybe restricted guys are just slow to be signed.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 06:03 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MFFL, Im not sure about what all went on with Buckner.

Even if Booth was offered a deal elsewhere, don't we have 15 days to match, decline or whatever?
Old 07-17-2001, 06:23 PM   #8
PeterVesceyisdumb

PeterVesceyisdumb is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't remember exactly what happened with buckner. I know the grizz offered him a contract, and he was going to sign with them. However, the mavs decided to pay the money, and buckner stayed with the mavs. I sure am glad the mavs re-signed buckner. He is a good player, and is by far our best defensive player.