Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default OFFICIAL GDT: GAME 2 - MAVS V. NUGGETS - 9:30pm TNT

I'm 8-2. I would do anything to be 9-2 after tonight.

Let's go Mavs!

---

Rick Carlisle questioned how Game 1 was officiated and wondered why Dirk Nowitzki got to the free throw line as few times as he did.

Mavericks officials refused to comment Monday on if they had complained to the league office and sent specific calls, or non-calls, in for review. That's where George Karl comes in.

"Tell Rick I'll send the film in on Nowitzki,'' Karl said. "I think we did a hell of a job of not fouling him.

"Now, I'm going to say there could be some fouling off the ball. But on his shots, I don't think he got fouled.''

Karl said a defensive point of emphasis in this series is for his players to stand with their hands straight up when defending Nowitzki. They want the officials to see they are not touching the All-Star on his shots.

"The luxury he (Carlisle) has to understand is I have three guys and they're all different,'' Karl said.

Kenyon (Martin) is more physical, more confrontational. Nene is longer, tougher, bigger, thicker. And Chris (Anderson) is just unorthodox. I have no idea. I mean, do you think I thought he'd be able to cover Dirk? You're crazy. When I first put him on Dirk I said I hope I get two or three minutes out of this, and it kept working.''

- David Moore

(photo of Nene not fouling Dirk)

---

F GEORGE KARL
F KENYON MARTIN
F JR SMITH
F THE NUGGETS

let's tie this series up baby!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 05-05-2009 at 09:17 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #2
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

abcdeFFFFFFFFFFFF the NUGGETS
Old 05-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

We saw in game 1, it cannot be all Dirk. Kidd cannot have 8 turnovers. Howard cannot not be invisible in the second half again. Our bench cannot be thoroughly outplayed by JR/Birdman/Carter.

The Damp/Nene matchup killed us, maybe it's time to give Hollins some more minutes.

Also, I feel that Singleton should get some minutes, he brings tons of energy on both the defensive and offensive side.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Wait...the nuggets fans told me this is good defense?

A foul is...not necessarily a foul.

But Manu was famously whistled for grabbing Dirk on the wrist as well. I guess if you're...err.."not a thug" then the rules still apply to you.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

guys, we are going to win it and we will beat the sh** out of nuggets

It is my opinion.

I have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to watch the game. So win would be a great start.

GO MAVS!!

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-05-2009 at 09:31 AM.
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
dNG
Banned

dNG is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
guys, we are going to win it and we will beat the sh** out of nuggets

It is my opinion.

I have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to watch the game. So win would be a great start.

GO MAVS!!
Lucky bastard! I will have to get up on 3:30, I live in Lebanon. Anyway, I'm starting to like it when people say they're going to beat the shit out of the Nuggets.. people say a lot of things, including, earlier in the season, that the Nuggets would "cool down" at the end of the season, or they're gonna bust in the post season as usual. I'm going to predict the Nuggets are going to win, since I'm not as all-mighty as some people are who know exactly what will happen.
dNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #7
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

F'em.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #8
bricklayer

bricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the rough

Interesting talk on The tickets hard line yesterday about the revenge factor during the game. Thier thought was that the first hard foul gets over looked and that the exact same "revenge foul" can get you kicked out or even suspended. Mavs need to set the tone in this one and put somebody on their butt in the first minute. Mavs win 101-92 GO Mavs
Old 05-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #9
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally just 4:30am for me.

I like that 10:30 games much more than this 8:00-8:30 crap, thats killing your whole night.

I like Billups and i like Nene, but Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu the rest of them. And for that series also Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Billups and Nene.

Last edited by sefant77; 05-05-2009 at 09:58 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #11
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like extreme apathy has set in, with a side of give up.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #12
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
May 5, 2009
Dallas @ Denver--M. McCutchen, M. Callahan, E. Malloy

How does this affect your feelings about the game?

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 05-05-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #13
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Take it to the Hole Josh.

Lets go Damnit. Today we fight!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #14
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mavs! Alby bring us some good game 2 mojo...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Wierd that this is the first time I've seen JET in the playoffs. I like the prediction.

20ppg regular season

13ppg playoffs

The Jet needs to go ahead and get on the runway.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #17
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Referee Assignments
May 5, 2009

The last line could just as well be:
Dallas @ Denver--, ,

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #18
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody needs to step up, I think we really need Hollins in this series. It looks like Damp is gunna get abused by Nene. Hollins Step up!!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #19
DallasMavs412004

DallasMavs412004 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Referee Assignments
May 5, 2009

I Don't think it is so bad, as long as we dont see D.Crawford anymore this series! Here's the stats with what we have done with refs reffing, just like to look at it usually: http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pag...eferees_3.html.
It appears that every ref we are on a 5 game win streak for each when there reffing, so it appears to not be too bad. But we lost our 1st 5 with Callahan so were 5-5, Malloy 7-3, McCutchen 9-1 and for the Nuggets Callahan 7-3, Malloy 7-3, McCutchen 5-5
DallasMavs412004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #20
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Time to even the score, boys. Our team is comprised of too many stubborn, tough minded individuals to allow another team to simply bully us to defeat.

I expect a fight tonight. And I expect to win that fight.

GO MAVS!

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #21
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Mavs can beat this team on a level field and with this win we will be primed for wins at home. Let's not forget we got our doors blown off by San Antonio one game and that series ended pretty well.

Lets shove our junk in Denver's hole
Old 05-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #22
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

It's going to be tough, but I hope there is a semblence of a game tonight, instead of a blowout by Denver. The played us tough and emotionally. If an elbow is what it takes to knock Dallas out of its game, then I hope Denver takes us out in 4. Dirk, Damp, Kidd need to throw a $25,000 elbow each if that is what it takes for them to recover in the series.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #23
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmfast View Post
Lets shove our junk in Denver's hole
LETS

Old 05-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #24
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I predict Carlisle is tossed tonight, causing our boys to rally for the win. 98-91 Mavs.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #25
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
It's going to be tough, but I hope there is a semblence of a game tonight, instead of a blowout by Denver. The played us tough and emotionally. If an elbow is what it takes to knock Dallas out of its game, then I hope Denver takes us out in 4. Dirk, Damp, Kidd need to throw a $25,000 elbow each if that is what it takes for them to recover in the series.
And im pretty sure Cuban would pay it after a win
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #26
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Video of Brandon Bass dunking on Birdman Andersen @ 2:43 Mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBCriOL9HvU
Old 05-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #27
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Make us forget game one Mavs. Good luck alby, you get this one then you are at home!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #28
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

Paybacks coming nuggets. GET READY. GO MAVS!
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #29
LSMF
Diamond Member

From DB.COM

We’ve got your referees for tonight’s Mavs-at-Thuggets Game 2; the NBA is apparently shipping in a crew from Ireland! And we’ve got some disturbing numbers on Game 1 crew chief Danny Crawford, who is increasingly looking like anything but the Mavs’ lucky charm.

First to tonight’s trio: It’s McCutchen, Callahan and Malloy (“Ah, they’re all One of Us!’’ as ol' Grandma Murphy would say).

Next, to the water-under-the-bridge of Danny Crawford’s Game 1 presence, where Dallas shot 13 free throws and Denver shot 36, where allegedly “soft’’ Dallas committed 29 fouls while Denver shot 19.

Is all that, adding up to the Mavs’ 109-95 loss supervised by Crawford, all just coincidence.

Sure. Maybe.

But. …

*As we pointed out before Sunday’s Game 1, in Mavs playoffs games worked by Crawford from 2001-to-2005, the Mavs record was 0-8. (Those years, Dallas was 41-37 in games NOT worked by Crawford.)
*Now we’re updated to this additional info: Since 2001, the Mavs are 53-50 overall in playoffs. Dallas record when Crawford is NOT working the game is 52-35. Dallas’ record when Crawford IS working the Mavs game is. … 1-15.
*Want more? The one Mavs win under Crawford’s watch was in the 2006 Phoenix series, a Dallas blowout victory. Also in 2006, in the NBA Finals, guess who worked Game 3 against the Heat, when Dwyane Wade was allowed to shoot as many FTs (18) as the entire Mavs team made, all leading to Dallas’ two-point loss? That would be Danny Crawford. And in Game 5, when the Mavs lost by one point? And Wade shot 25 free throws, again the same number shot by the entire Mavs team?

Danny Crawford strikes again.

Seriously, Danny Crawford is the damned Grim Reaper.

*And then there is the statistical likelihood of what it all means (thanks, Ole and Butternut):

Dallas’ playoff winning percentage without Danny Crawford is 59.77 percent.
Plug the numbers into this StatTrek website:
Use the following formula:
n = 15: the number of games officiated by Danny
k = 1: the number of wins when officiated by Danny
p = 0.5977: the probability that a win will occur without Danny -- our best inference of p is the games officiated by other crews.
What will you find?
That the probability that the extreme number of losses occurred by random chance is 0.0026078 percent.
Thus, 2.6 times in every 100,000 occurrences would one expect this situation to present randomly.
My man Ole is not a statistician (nor am I). But he does medical research for a living and he notes, “To be considered non-random, most medical treatments need to show that there is less than a five-percent chance that the results of the studies were random.

The results say Danny Crawford managed a 0.0026078-percent chance that he has accurately officiated the Mavs’ playoff games. And if you play with this Vassar site http://faculty.vassar.edu/lowry/binomialX.html it will suggest that the probability that Danny Crawford “influenced’’ the results of these games is 99.999 percent.
I’ll let you be the judge of what it all means, of whether Chancellor Stern might should do something about this, and whether the Mavs should not concern themselves with such material and just go play.
But I will say this, about Game 2: Thank God for the Irishmen
Old 05-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #30
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

LETS! GO! MAVS!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #31
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

This series kind of reminds me of that one scene in Remember the Titans when the refs are rigging the game to make the Titans lose... "Let them play. Let the boys play."

Denver rides the energy of the crowd and jumps out to an early lead, Mavs' lockdown defense silences said crowd midway through the third as Denver gets sloppy and emotional. Dirk scores 15 of his 35 points in the 4th quarter to secure the win.

Mavs 105 Nuggets 96
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #32
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Don´t say, you are on twitter, Under ?
Old 05-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #33
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Don´t say, you are on twitter, Under ?
Nope, but I've been thinking about setting up an account so I can meet more middle school children to expand my meth/crack empire...

(there's actually a lot of demand for my product in Denver these days...)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #34
Thnikkaman
Banned

Thnikkaman is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
From DB.COM

We’ve got your referees for tonight’s Mavs-at-Thuggets Game 2; the NBA is apparently shipping in a crew from Ireland! And we’ve got some disturbing numbers on Game 1 crew chief Danny Crawford, who is increasingly looking like anything but the Mavs’ lucky charm.

First to tonight’s trio: It’s McCutchen, Callahan and Malloy (“Ah, they’re all One of Us!’’ as ol' Grandma Murphy would say).

Next, to the water-under-the-bridge of Danny Crawford’s Game 1 presence, where Dallas shot 13 free throws and Denver shot 36, where allegedly “soft’’ Dallas committed 29 fouls while Denver shot 19.

Is all that, adding up to the Mavs’ 109-95 loss supervised by Crawford, all just coincidence.

Sure. Maybe.

But. …

*As we pointed out before Sunday’s Game 1, in Mavs playoffs games worked by Crawford from 2001-to-2005, the Mavs record was 0-8. (Those years, Dallas was 41-37 in games NOT worked by Crawford.)
*Now we’re updated to this additional info: Since 2001, the Mavs are 53-50 overall in playoffs. Dallas record when Crawford is NOT working the game is 52-35. Dallas’ record when Crawford IS working the Mavs game is. … 1-15.
*Want more? The one Mavs win under Crawford’s watch was in the 2006 Phoenix series, a Dallas blowout victory. Also in 2006, in the NBA Finals, guess who worked Game 3 against the Heat, when Dwyane Wade was allowed to shoot as many FTs (18) as the entire Mavs team made, all leading to Dallas’ two-point loss? That would be Danny Crawford. And in Game 5, when the Mavs lost by one point? And Wade shot 25 free throws, again the same number shot by the entire Mavs team?

Danny Crawford strikes again.

Seriously, Danny Crawford is the damned Grim Reaper.

*And then there is the statistical likelihood of what it all means (thanks, Ole and Butternut):

Dallas’ playoff winning percentage without Danny Crawford is 59.77 percent.
Plug the numbers into this StatTrek website:
Use the following formula:
n = 15: the number of games officiated by Danny
k = 1: the number of wins when officiated by Danny
p = 0.5977: the probability that a win will occur without Danny -- our best inference of p is the games officiated by other crews.
What will you find?
That the probability that the extreme number of losses occurred by random chance is 0.0026078 percent.
Thus, 2.6 times in every 100,000 occurrences would one expect this situation to present randomly.
My man Ole is not a statistician (nor am I). But he does medical research for a living and he notes, “To be considered non-random, most medical treatments need to show that there is less than a five-percent chance that the results of the studies were random.

The results say Danny Crawford managed a 0.0026078-percent chance that he has accurately officiated the Mavs’ playoff games. And if you play with this Vassar site http://faculty.vassar.edu/lowry/binomialX.html it will suggest that the probability that Danny Crawford “influenced’’ the results of these games is 99.999 percent.
I’ll let you be the judge of what it all means, of whether Chancellor Stern might should do something about this, and whether the Mavs should not concern themselves with such material and just go play.
But I will say this, about Game 2: Thank God for the Irishmen
Did Crawford ref all 4 games they played against Denver in the regular season this year?
Thnikkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #35
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
Did Crawford ref all 4 games they played against Denver in the regular season this year?
What does the "Nikka" in the middle of your name stand for?
Old 05-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #36
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Technically, the number in the article is wrong, because Crawford officiated 16 games, not 15. Additionally, the calculation needs to add in the probability of going 0-16 as well, since we're looking for the probability the results can be at least as skewed as they are, not the probability of that exact result.

But the first mistake has the greater effect, so the real number is actually smaller: 0.0011661%.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 05-05-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #37
Underdog

Quote:
It's short for "Nikkalas" - obviously he's Russian Orthodox...

Old 05-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #38
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Take it to the Thugs Mavs! It's payback time.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #39
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Do we require the SKULL???

I know we have a few bullets left... but do we wait for that moment...

in any case..

HOOORAHHH!!!!!!!!!! GO BABY GO!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #40
Thnikkaman
Banned

Thnikkaman is infamous around these parts

Quote:
http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Thnikkaman

This is safe for work and not a rick duck or any other sort of roll.
Thnikkaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gdt 08/09, i got that syphillis, jjb lost this game, jjb's fault - cadbane, oops - got herpes!, swine flu is needed, syphilis needed, whats syphillis?