Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Pj Dozier signs two way contract with the Thunder. Good for him.
Damn, was hoping he'd fall to the Legends, but knew he was too good not to get a 2-way.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:04 PM   #2
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Damn, was hoping he'd fall to the Legends, but knew he was too good not to get a 2-way.
Not that I hate Jeff Withey or anything but ugh, Missing out on Dozier for Withey makes me really really sad.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:17 PM   #3
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Not that I hate Jeff Withey or anything but ugh, Missing out on Dozier for Withey makes me really really sad.
I kinda feel the same way now that Dozier signed w/ OKC. I think Withey can be a useful player for us this year bc I expect Mejri to be moved at some point, but I think Dozier was a good player to hang on to with our youth movement.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:43 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, but we pretty much have to collect bigs with Noel's future up in the air... Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Powell and/or Mejri end up on the block.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:18 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, but we pretty much have to collect bigs with Noel's future up in the air... Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Powell and/or Mejri end up on the block.
Also Dirk, Noel, and Mejri are injury magnets

Matthews, Barnes, and DFS (who play Dozier’s position) are Iron men

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-16-2017 at 08:18 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:06 PM   #6
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I see the injury concerns but at the same time, I wouldn't put Barnes at the wing spot when thinking about depth. I don't have any numbers because it was preseason but I saw Barnes basically exclusively at the 4. And while he "could" play the 3, the same could be said for Powell playing the 5. Plus I don't think any of us are thinking we could do much more than be a first round exit team. I liked Dozier's upside enough to take a chance that if Noel or Dirk got banged up Powell could spend a few minutes at the 5 like he's done every year he's been here, it's not like you can get worse than 30th in rebounding.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:47 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I see the injury concerns but at the same time, I wouldn't put Barnes at the wing spot when thinking about depth. I don't have any numbers because it was preseason but I saw Barnes basically exclusively at the 4. And while he "could" play the 3, the same could be said for Powell playing the 5. Plus I don't think any of us are thinking we could do much more than be a first round exit team. I liked Dozier's upside enough to take a chance that if Noel or Dirk got banged up Powell could spend a few minutes at the 5 like he's done every year he's been here, it's not like you can get worse than 30th in rebounding.
Yeah not saying he’ll play much SF even though it’s his most effective position, but if Matthews and DFS were injured, he’d certainly get some time there.

Dozier couldn’t play SG either— no team in the league can afford to have a defense-only guy at the second guard spot.

That and Rick seems to really like Harris and/or Curry at the three with two other guards. Dozier was easy to cheer for but impossible to see getting actual minutes. He’s a rough project at least 1-2 years from being NBA talent. Love his defensive versatility and potential but in the NBA you have to play both sides.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-16-2017 at 09:49 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote