Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #24
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
I think it is a load of crap. I lost my social security card this year. It was a pain to replace, my birth certificate was at my folks. Should I have not been able to vote?

Just more ways to keep poor people down if you ask me.

Also I believe in unicorns, Santa Clause, and the importance of these threads.
If you can cash a check...I think you should be able to show who you are? Buy a beer? Anything?

Got a license? Got an idcard..(looks pretty easy to get)/.

http://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/id-cards.php
Quote:
If you don't happen to have a driver's license (say you're too young or your license is suspended―or you just don't wish to drive), you will probably want to get a Texas identification card instead. This will serve to identify you for most purposes in the State of Texas.
Without a driver's license to show, a Texas ID card is your ticket to boarding an airplane, checking into a hotel, entering a bar, cashing a check, and many other day-to-day activities that require state-issued ID.
The basic procedure is similar to obtaining a driver license, but without any testing requirements. Furthermore, there are no age restrictions. Any Texas resident can get one as long as they can provide proof of identity. In fact, many parents get them for their children.
You mean voting is so unimportant that folks can't be bothered to get an ID card to make sure they can do it?

I continue to NOT see the big deal with requiring someone to prove who they are to vote.

Since EVERY vote counts...shouldn't EVERY vote be valid? Or should someones valid vote be negated by an invalid one?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 06-03-2009 at 08:11 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluff cocaine, fluff the tragic dragon, fluffy banter, mr. fluffleupagus