Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2004, 12:31 AM   #11
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Richard Jefferson signs $78 million extension with Nets

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirk2003
How the hell is he not worth it? Did you see any of the other contracts this offseason?
That doesn't mean he's worth it just because other idiots are giving away hefty contracts. Tim Thomas, Finley and Allan Houston all get paid like superstars. That doesn't mean their worth their respective contracts.

This is a pretty hefty contract to play for a role player. I'd be trying to pay that money to someone I could try and get to be my centerpiece of my team. That wasn't Kenyon Martin and it sure as hell isn't Jefferson. He's a great role player but in my eyes he's just another oen of those guys that Kidd helps look great on the court.
like I said earlier, did you even see the games that RJ played without martin and kidd last year? he was putting up close to triple double figures and all the games were going down to the wire with a supporting cast of rodney rogers, kerry kittles and jason collins...this includes a game with the mavericks

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3523/gamelog

look at the month of march..he IS a SUPERSTAR...he has been overshadowed by martin, who is a role player and kidd

and the numbers he was putting up sure as hell are worth the money he is getting paid

please watch the games before you blatantly come out and make statements

some of those other players you mentioned aren't even in RJ's league..those guys had pretty dumb reasons for their contracts

tim thomas - because he was 6th man of the year ; totally dumb
allan houston - a couple of good playoff games, basically a spot up shooter; another dumb one
michael finley - to prove that dallas is a good place to play and that cuban is the owner that everyone wants to play for; reasonable, given the circumstances

Hell Marquis Daniels had been scorching the league for more than 4 games. I guess he's a superstar too. I know why the guys got those bad contracts. You are making the same mistakes all of those other gms made. They play great for 4 games so they deserve max money. That's why the Jim Mcilvane's and Kandiman's are laughin their asses off all the way to the bank. Okur and Turkoglu will be the next ones running.
it has been widely said that marquis daniels is the steal of this year's free agency....he is on the same level as RJ except for his shooting % which i think will improve

i don't think putting up 24,5,5 for a month is "playing great for 4 games"....again if you bothered to read my post before you replied, you would've known that

Uhhhh.......Hello. Not only did I read your post but I replied to it. And i'd love to hear who in the hell is saying Marquis is the steal of the free agency. I haven't heard anyone complain about it but I sure as hell haven't heard anyone say he was the steal of the free agency. When you say widely said that Marquis was the steal of the draft are you referring to this messag board? I think you could argue that title goes to Brent Barry.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nts/index.html

brent barry? are you kidding me?...the guy is 33 years old...he'll be done in a year or two

daniels is young and locked in at a bargain price for the next 7 years
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote