Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-26-2022, 11:24 AM   #1
GQ2003

GQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really niceGQ2003 is just really nice

Still holding out hope for Hartenstein to be that other big we bring in. Pretty decent post defender, solid rim protector, improved outside shot that would only get better in Dallas and a great passer. Maybe we send Dirk & Maxi to recruit him with the German ties and offer him the primary backup Center role (I view Maxi as more of a 4) with potential to start alongside Wood.
GQ2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:48 PM   #2
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ2003 View Post
Still holding out hope for Hartenstein to be that other big we bring in. Pretty decent post defender, solid rim protector, improved outside shot that would only get better in Dallas and a great passer. Maybe we send Dirk & Maxi to recruit him with the German ties and offer him the primary backup Center role (I view Maxi as more of a 4) with potential to start alongside Wood.
He signed with New York

But I think the McGee signing is sneaky good for Dallas.

I prefer Wood to play the 4 because he's not any good in terms of interior defense and rim protection.

They could even go big and start McGee and Wood together with Bullock and DFS as the wing defenders.

I'd bring Dinwiddie off the bench to run the 2nd team.

Losing Brunson was a tough pill to swallow because he was so effecient and rarely turned the ball over. I'm holding out hope they can somehow turn Powell and THJ into Brogdon.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:05 PM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
He signed with New York

But I think the McGee signing is sneaky good for Dallas.

I prefer Wood to play the 4 because he's not any good in terms of interior defense and rim protection.

They could even go big and start McGee and Wood together with Bullock and DFS as the wing defenders.

I'd bring Dinwiddie off the bench to run the 2nd team.

Losing Brunson was a tough pill to swallow because he was so effecient and rarely turned the ball over. I'm holding out hope they can somehow turn Powell and THJ into Brogdon.
McGee is fine as a backup 5. I'm perfectly satisfied with the center rotation now. But now we desperately need both a wing and PG and we have virtually nothing left. Powell and THJ for Brogdon would be fantastic. Throw in Dragic for the vet min and I would consider the offseason a success even with losing Brunson. I don't see why Indiana does that deal that deal though. We'd probably have to throw in a future 1st too, and man, I reeeeaaallly don't want to give any more of those up unless it's an absolute no brainer. Gun to my head, I probably would do that deal, but I'm squeamish about it.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:12 AM   #4
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
McGee is fine as a backup 5. I'm perfectly satisfied with the center rotation now. But now we desperately need both a wing and PG and we have virtually nothing left. Powell and THJ for Brogdon would be fantastic. Throw in Dragic for the vet min and I would consider the offseason a success even with losing Brunson. I don't see why Indiana does that deal that deal though. We'd probably have to throw in a future 1st too, and man, I reeeeaaallly don't want to give any more of those up unless it's an absolute no brainer. Gun to my head, I probably would do that deal, but I'm squeamish about it.
McGee had a quote yesterday mentioning starting...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 12:42 PM   #5
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
McGee had a quote yesterday mentioning starting...
I don't think Kidd really prefers small lineups.

I know he went to it a lot doing the playoffs but let's not forget the Mavs had no choice because they lacked bigs.

Kidd was apart of two title teams that played big as a player with Dallas Dirk/Tyson and assistant coach with LA AD/McGee/Howard

He started off much of last year with KP/Powell together until KP was traded.

I'm throw this out there but it's not going to shock me if Kidd starts McGee in a big lineup with Luka, Wood, DFS and Bullock.

Some will say Dallas needs that 2nd shot creator and usually your initial thought is a backcourt player but I think the plan is for Wood to be that 2nd shot creator as a big because he's very skilled.

Kidd might have a vision of making this team similar to the Lakers style by beating teams with size as opposed to small ball lineups which exposes your defense more.

Luka is our LeBron, Wood isn't AD but you can see him being used in a similiar way and McGee is in his same role from LA except he's starting.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 02:03 PM   #6
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I don't think Kidd really prefers small lineups.

I know he went to it a lot doing the playoffs but let's not forget the Mavs had no choice because they lacked bigs.

Kidd was apart of two title teams that played big as a player with Dallas Dirk/Tyson and assistant coach with LA AD/McGee/Howard

He started off much of last year with KP/Powell together until KP was traded.

I'm throw this out there but it's not going to shock me if Kidd starts McGee in a big lineup with Luka, Wood, DFS and Bullock.

Some will say Dallas needs that 2nd shot creator and usually your initial thought is a backcourt player but I think the plan is for Wood to be that 2nd shot creator as a big because he's very skilled.

Kidd might have a vision of making this team similar to the Lakers style by beating teams with size as opposed to small ball lineups which exposes your defense more.

Luka is our LeBron, Wood isn't AD but you can see him being used in a similiar way and McGee is in his same role from LA except he's starting.
I actually like the starting lineup a lot, tbh

Then having the firepower of Dinwiddie and THJ off the bench. Lineups can be really flexible, bringing Maxi in for defense and leaving one of Bullock/DFS in with the 2nd unit.

Big key is what can you get, if anything, from Green and Hardy. Green plays excellent defense and with great hustle, but can be played off the court offensively. Hardy is the unknown at this point.

Not to mention Dragic, but can't really rely on that until the ink is dry.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 02:23 PM   #7
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I actually like the starting lineup a lot, tbh

Then having the firepower of Dinwiddie and THJ off the bench. Lineups can be really flexible, bringing Maxi in for defense and leaving one of Bullock/DFS in with the 2nd unit.

Big key is what can you get, if anything, from Green and Hardy. Green plays excellent defense and with great hustle, but can be played off the court offensively. Hardy is the unknown at this point.

Not to mention Dragic, but can't really rely on that until the ink is dry.
Agreed, that big lineup is something not a lot of teams will face these days. We will own the boards.

Green will get better, having Doncic or working alongside Dinwiddie and THJ, will only help him, as defenders drift towards the ball/THJ or Maxi.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote