Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-19-2004, 06:39 PM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shareef Abdur Rahim + Parts for Vince Carter and Jalen Rose?

Wow, I can't believe this hasn't been posted here yet. Numerous news outlets are reporting that a Shareef Abdur-Rahim + Parts for Vince Carter and Jalen Rose might be about to go down:

Quote:
"Multiple league sources" confirm Toronto has offered the Blazers Vince Carter and Jalen Rose in exchange for Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Derek Anderson. An additional player would have to be included on Portland's end in order to satisfy the conditions of the collective bargaining agreement.

Portland would prefer a one-for-one deal including Abdur-Rahim and Carter dea. But according to The Fan, Toronto will not trade Carter without packaging him with Jalen Rose and his enormous salary. Rose makes almost $14.5 million this season, and is under contract for two more years at a total of approximately $32 million.

The Fan made it clear that this is not a rumor. The offer of Carter/Rose for Abdur-Rahim and Anderson is "flat out on the table" from Toronto's end, according to The Fan's Ian Furness."
OregonLive Link
Marc Stein
The Globe and Mail
CBS Sportsline

If this goes down it will be interesting to see what combination of roster castoffs and young prospects Portland sends off to Canada...
Old 11-19-2004, 07:01 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Shareef Abdur Rahim + Parts for Vince Carter and Jalen Rose?

Quote:
Wow, I can't believe this hasn't been posted here yet.
me neither

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Shareef Abdur Rahim + Parts for Vince Carter and Jalen Rose?

Whoops... I should probably start reading that section again (it's a bit too soon in this promising year for me to be worrying about potential Mavs' trades)...