Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-26-2002, 04:06 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Coming from all place, Major League Baseball. Former Stanford standout quarterback, leaves the St Louis Cardnals of MLB and agrees to a 7 year deal(2 million siging bonus) with the dallas cowboys.

Link

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2002, 04:15 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Who here thinks the Cowboys will actually pick up some REAL talent this offseason?!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 04:18 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I DO! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

$20 million in cap room. #6 pick in the draft. Me likes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2002, 04:29 PM   #4
Soulblade

Soulblade is on a distinguished road

Please don't mess up the draft Jerry, like trading away 2 first round picks for Joey Galloway. Ouch!
Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 05:36 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm actually very excited about this move..this guy could play..let's just hope he still can
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 06:04 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

You think he can beat out Carter though?

Old 01-26-2002, 09:32 PM   #7
R-C-F

R-C-F is on a distinguished road

It's a bad gamble. The money used for his signing bonus comes out of the rookie pool thus leaving the team less money to sign our draft picks.
Old 01-26-2002, 09:46 PM   #8
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I think the Cowboys are ina position to become a playoff team next year. With all the cap room they will have available they will be able to sign some good and hopefully YOUNG veterans. The big if of course is Carter, but if he continues to develop like he did this year I think he could be a solid quarterback in the NFL. The only scary part though is guess who has more cap space next year than the Cowboys. Hint, they are playing in the NFC championship game Sunday, yes thats right the Eagles. If the Eagles play their chips right in the off season the could dominate the NFC east for several years to come. Nevertheless a wild card appearance is not out of the picture for the Cowboys next year.
As far as the Hutchinson deal goes, I am not crazy about it cause it will count against the rookie salary cap. this could make it difficult to sign some of our draft picks, but what the hell do I know I was sick over the Carter draft pick last year.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 09:48 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still not feeling that pick.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 09:52 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I beleive(still) in Q-Ball. He played really well after getting back from his injury.

Old 01-26-2002, 09:56 PM   #11
R-C-F

R-C-F is on a distinguished road

The kid in Arizona (Jake the Snake) played well a couple of games and everyone thought he was a future All-Pro. Now he's a spare. I try not to judge quarterbacks at least until they've started 3 seasons.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:50 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the cowboys needed to get a QB in here that has potential and a good work ethic

Q-Car's main problem is that he can't throw the ball well consistently so he's very susceptible to be beaten out at QB
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote