Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-26-2005, 10:36 AM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dall/Char thoughts

How about ?
Daniels/3mill to Charlotte for
Brevin Knight/Malik Allen and the #4 pick

Brevin and Milik would be sign and trades. The #4 should pick up M. Andriuskevicious 7'2" athletic, very quick.

Brevin could take the #3 PG role.
Milik is a young Henderson.
Martynus should be that quick shotblocker.

Charlotte gets a young guy to start beside Okafor and Wallace.

------

Just thoughts.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2005, 10:55 AM   #2
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Dall/Char thoughts

why the hell does Charlotte give up the 4th pick? makes no sense...they give us the #2 assists guy in the league, and a lotto pick for Daniels? no way.

Brevin Knight is a starting point guard, not a 3rd stringer...and this Euro kid is insanely raw. I doubt he can make a big impact his rookie year
Old 05-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

double post

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 05-26-2005, 11:31 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

You apparently think alot more of Brevin Knight than I do. He is still a UFA who might or might not be back with Charlotte, so is Malik. The #4 pick in a weak draft is worth? Somehow I don't see Lebron, Anthony, Wade, and Bosh in this draft.

So what would it take to get Andriuskevius to Dallas?

Old 05-26-2005, 11:32 AM   #5
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

As much as I like Daniels' game, I don't think he's worth a #4 pick. And given the play of Brevin Knight this year, I'd be shocked if Charlotte would just trade him straight up for Daniels.

But if Charlotte is interested to trade their #4 pick and Knight, I wouldn't mind sweetening the pot with KVH or Stack.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 11:36 AM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
But if Charlotte is interested to trade their #4 pick and Knight, I wouldn't mind sweetening the pot with KVH or Stack.
Me either, but CBA requires salaries to match. They don't have anyone making over 12.5 by realgm (Okafor). With them not having a full cap this year, you have to trade the smaller contracts, or have them so sign-n-trades. That is why I picked the two I did. So that they could do SNT, and Dallas still ended up with a PG and the #4.

Probably not a chance, but I was trying to fill needs, and still get Charlotte something that they could utilize.

Old 05-26-2005, 03:40 PM   #7
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

CBA doesnt require that when the other team is under the cap, Charlotte can absorb contracts.

There is absolutely no way the Cats trade the 4th pick. But, they got the 5th pick and since it is a four player draft; Bogut, Marvin, Green, Paul, I could see them doing something with it. But they could get a lot, lot more for the 4th pick than an overpaid Marquis Daniels.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 04:14 PM   #8
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
CBA doesnt require that when the other team is under the cap, Charlotte can absorb contracts.
agreed, but remember, they only have a partial cap this year, and not a full cap till next year. They aren't as far under it as you think.