Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-22-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Point Guards

I am not saying that the Mavs should give up on Devin Harris. But by the same token, SA brought in Speedy Caxton while they had Tony Parker, and last year they drafted Udrich while still having Tony Parker. Does anyone know of some good "pass-oriented" point guards in the NCAA or International league?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2005, 10:08 PM   #2
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Point Guards

The only ones I know are likely to be high draft picks, and not easily acquired: Chris Paul, Raymond Felton, Deron Williams, etc. I wouldn't be against using the MLE or part of it on a decent vet PG to ease Devin along.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:57 PM   #3
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

If you want to go international, then that Lithuanian guard, Jasevius (I think) is always a Euro point guard that gets alot of hype.

Personally, I'd rather just develop Harris and Terry further.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:14 PM   #4
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Unless Mavs have given up on Devin entirely it does not make sense to bring in any more projects. DH must get playing time to develop. If, as AJ said on the radio this morning, the Mavs plan on starting JT again next season then DH must be the backup and get backup minutes all season as well as in the playoffs.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:37 PM   #5
fabolous

fabolous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
If you want to go international, then that Lithuanian guard, Jasevius (I think) is always a Euro point guard that gets alot of hype.

Personally, I'd rather just develop Harris and Terry further.
I think you mean Sarunas Jasikevicius.
He has a great court vision and is a great 3-point-shooter.

Donnie was the assistant-coach of the litunia-squad, so get him here donnie before any other team poicks him up...

some people over here in europe say he is the european jason kidd.
fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 04:05 PM   #6
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Jasikevicius is hardly an unknown. Rumors already have a number of NBA teams interested in him. He is 29 (I think), so he would make more sense to bring in to play ahead of Devin Harris for a couple of years then another young player.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 04:10 PM   #7
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: fabolous

I think you mean Sarunas Jasikevicius.
Yes I did, and I'm embarassed not to have remembered his name. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2005, 04:29 PM   #8
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

What about Brevin knight as a stop gap point guard?
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:48 PM   #9
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
What about Brevin knight as a stop gap point guard?
Is T.J. Ford never coming back for them?
Old 05-24-2005, 11:04 PM   #10
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

I don't know if this at all possible,but what about the Bucks draft Chris Paul and then trade
him to the Mavs for Devin Harris.
What do you think?
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:09 PM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Point Guards

NBA Mock Draft

Here's a good site to get some info on players.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:18 PM   #12
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

So are you saying this is a bad idea? I don't know if the bucks will draft Bogut. No one knows except the bucks. Larry Harris would probably be hung for it anyway if it happened. Nevermind
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote