Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #321
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
We'll have to disagree there. Milking the clock in the 4th, by all means get the first down. As far as I'm concerned that was an acceptable risk in the 3rd quarter of a 7-3 game around mid field. It wasn't even 3rd down.

The upside is that you break a big one and take control of the game. If it doesn't work you're looking at a 3rd and short in good punting position.
Totally agree.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2008, 05:35 PM   #322
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
The upside is that you break a big one and take control of the game. If it doesn't work you're looking at a 3rd and short in good punting position.
And the downside is exactly what happened. Instead of a first down and being able to extend the drive, you end up punting, giving the other team all sorts of momentum when you could have easily held onto the ball for a lot longer. Good NFL teams only still only convert about 65-70% or so of their 3rd downs on 3rd and short, so it's not like punting is some rare occurrence in that situation.

When you compare that percentage with the chance that he breaks a big play -- maybe 5%, given that he had 3 defenders within 3 yards of him, including one in front of him, and he didn't have any forward momentum, I think the rational choice is clearly to get the first down.

This is all a moot point from my perspective, since it definitely look to me like he was avoiding contact, but I'm just operating under the assumption that you're correct and that wasn't what he was doing.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #323
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't the right move by TO. Yes, he was trying to break the play, but he should have made sure that he got the first down. I understand what he was doing.. but, that doesn't mean that it's the right move.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #324
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
but I'm just operating under the assumption that you're correct and that wasn't what he was doing.
That's always a good assumption to operate under
Old 12-15-2008, 06:10 PM   #325
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

just rummaging through some stats....the boys have 52 odd sacks on the season--it took 9 games to get to 26, with 26 more coming in the last 5 games.

maybe it's the competition they've played, but it looks to me like this unit is getting even better.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #326
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Christmas wish: I want Tony Romo to connect with Roy Williams for at least ONE touchdown before the regular season ends (anyone notice that he tends to toss it out of bounds or over-throw Roy by about 10 yards every time he's wide open???)
well Romo does have one TD pass to RW this season.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #327
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

brad johnson has one td pass to the good roy williams, romo has none.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #328
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
just rummaging through some stats....the boys have 52 odd sacks on the season--it took 9 games to get to 26, with 26 more coming in the last 5 games.

maybe it's the competition they've played, but it looks to me like this unit is getting even better.
I chalk it up to: 1) Newman's return, which immensely improves our coverage and makes the QB hesitant, and 2) Wade taking over playcalling.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #329
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

We won!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #330
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703 View Post
We won!!!
I approve this message...
Old 12-15-2008, 11:40 PM   #331
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
brad johnson has one td pass to the good roy williams, romo has none.
oh crap, I forgot it was BJ that threw it to him. Thanks for the correction!
Old 12-16-2008, 12:21 AM   #332
LonghornDub

We need to unleash the freak that is Roy Williams. The guy is an absolute beast when he's given the right opportunities.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:26 AM   #333
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Roy has great hands.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #334
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #335
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I chalk it up to: 1) Newman's return, which immensely improves our coverage and makes the QB hesitant, and 2) Wade taking over playcalling.
Speaking of Newman and returns...

I wish he'd return punts now that Pac is out.

I know, I know...Crayton is solid in both catching the ball and picking up 5-10 yards, but I'm all about the BIG PLAY.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #336
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Speaking of Newman and returns...

I wish he'd return punts now that Pac is out.

I know, I know...Crayton is solid in both catching the ball and picking up 5-10 yards, but I'm all about the BIG PLAY.

As great of a thought that is...I'ld rather T-New do ONE thing adn ONE thing only...PLAY CB!!!

Perhaps this is a a fear thought, but I would hate to see T-New get hurt (Hammy, Groin, Back...anthing) while returning punts.

I am also about the big play, but if T-New gets hurt playing Punt Returner, then we are going to see a lot of big plays, and they are not the kind that I want to see!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #337
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
As great of a thought that is...I'ld rather T-New do ONE thing adn ONE thing only...PLAY CB!!!

Perhaps this is a a fear thought, but I would hate to see T-New get hurt (Hammy, Groin, Back...anthing) while returning punts.

I am also about the big play, but if T-New gets hurt playing Punt Returner, then we are going to see a lot of big plays, and they are not the kind that I want to see!!!
Agreed, given how vital we have seen T-New is for the defense, let's not increase his chances for injuries by having him do anything but play defense. Crayton isn't a big play guy, but he's solid, doesn't make mistakes, and gets a decent chunk of yardage each and every time. I'm fine with with him back there.

Plus, it's not like Newman has torn it up on punt returns in the NFL anyways so I'm not sure if he is much of an improvement over Crayton in the first place.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #338
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Romo has chosen his BFF

And they buy hats together!

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-16-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:32 PM   #339
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Agreed, given how vital we have seen T-New is for the defense, let's not increase his chances for injuries by having him do anything but play defense. Crayton isn't a big play guy, but he's solid, doesn't make mistakes, and gets a decent chunk of yardage each and every time. I'm fine with with him back there.

Plus, it's not like Newman has torn it up on punt returns in the NFL anyways so I'm not sure if he is much of an improvement over Crayton in the first place.
Anybody against Pacman being back there when he comes back?

Once again, I say this only because of the big play potential.

I know he has been sucking it up in yards after...but it's all worth it to me if he can bring atleast one back home.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 12-16-2008, 04:48 PM   #340
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Right now, I'd stick with Crayton.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #341
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I know he has been sucking it up in yards after...but it's all worth it to me if he can bring atleast one back home.
i'd be glad if he could average 10 yards...
Old 12-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #342
Murphy3
Guru

Pacman also laid the ball on the ground a couple of times...
Old 12-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #343
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboy fan blasts werder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4xSS...layer_embedded
Old 12-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #344
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

I just feel Pac-Man is that one block away from breaking one. I see why he's back there. If you went by stats you would think he should've been replaced by now. But if you watch him you can tell he he's a gifted athlete. I thought i'd see him do better at kick return and it was pretty much the same lol. I'd still like to give him a go with more space to go to work though.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:46 PM   #345
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I just feel Pac-Man is that one block away from breaking one. I see why he's back there. If you went by stats you would think he should've been replaced by now. But if you watch him you can tell he he's a gifted athlete. I thought i'd see him do better at kick return and it was pretty much the same lol. I'd still like to give him a go with more space to go to work though.
Yah, I don't think it's been Pacman at all. I think the blocking has been horrible.

So he might actually be a few blocks away from breaking the big one =[

Last edited by ty; 12-16-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #346
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Put Romo back there.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:58 PM   #347
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360° View Post
Did you watch the other ones?? Geez...
Old 12-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #348
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Teams are gunning for Pac-Man and the league won't do a thing to protect him. I'd rather not put him there where teams are going to be taking easy shots at the guy

Plus he's a bit of a moron on punt returns.

I'd rather just stick Crayton back there. Maybe put Pac-Man back there in special situations where you need a really big play.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #349
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

T.O. talks with Stephen A. Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5H1oyIDGSM
Old 12-16-2008, 09:24 PM   #350
LonghornDub

So, is Pacman officially out for the season, or is there some chance of him coming back this year?

Old 12-16-2008, 10:26 PM   #351
FINtastic
Diamond Member

The last I heard was that he got a second opinion saying that he needed some rest, but he could be back by the Philadelphia game. Nothing certain, but it is possible.

It's certainly not a career-ender though.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #352
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
The last I heard was that he got a second opinion saying that he needed some rest, but he could be back by the Philadelphia game. Nothing certain, but it is possible.

It's certainly not a career-ender though.
Well that's good news, then.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #353
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
T.O. talks with Stephen A. Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5H1oyIDGSM
Patrick Crayton talked about this on the radio as well on Friday. Ed took bits and pieces of stories and made big stories of the whole situation, knowing that a story like this that involves T.O. would bring this story to the top of the sports media. Now, watch a story will come out that Romo and Whitten were not invited to T.O. party. The media wants to bury T.O. at the expense of the Cowboys.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #354
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
With a little help, a win could put Dallas Cowboys in playoffs

Yes they can!

Dallas can clinch a playoff berth this weekend.

The Cowboys (9-5) are in a battle with several teams, mainly Atlanta (9-5), Tampa Bay (9-5) and Philadelphia (8-5-1) for two wild-card spots with two weeks left in the season.

According to the NFL’s math, the Cowboys can clinch a playoff spot this weekend. Here’s how:

A Dallas win over Baltimore, plus a Philadelphia loss or tie at Washington, plus a Chicago loss or tie against Green Bay on Monday night, plus an Atlanta loss at Minnesota.

A Dallas win plus a Philadelphia loss or tie, plus a Chicago loss or tie, plus a Tampa Bay loss against San Diego.

A Dallas win, plus a Chicago loss or tie, plus a Tampa Bay loss, plus an Atlanta loss.

A Dallas win, plus a Philadelphia loss or tie plus an Atlanta loss plus Dallas strength of victory (winning percentage of teams they’ve beaten) tiebreaker over Chicago.

After party plans

The Cowboys will have a postgame ceremony Saturday to commemorate the final NFL regular-season game at Texas Stadium.

Nearly 100 former players and coaches (minimum of five years of service to the Cowboys at Texas Stadium) will be introduced and make a final walk across the midfield star.

Irvin’s Toys for Tots

Hall of Famer and former Dallas Cowboys great Michael Irvin will host a Toys for Tots Christmas Concert on Monday at the House of Blues in Dallas.

Red Carpet arrivals will be from 6-6:45 p.m. The concert begins at 7:30 p.m.

Among the entertainment will be hip-hop artists Vanilla Ice and Juan Gotti, plus the group Free Reign, which includes some Dallas players.

Tickets are $35 general admission (balcony) and $45 VIP floor seating.

Roster moves

The Cowboys released cornerback Vickiel Vaughn from their practice squad Tuesday.
Link

Is this ghost ball??
Old 12-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #355
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Patrick Crayton talked about this on the radio as well on Friday. Ed took bits and pieces of stories and made big stories of the whole situation, knowing that a story like this that involves T.O. would bring this story to the top of the sports media. Now, watch a story will come out that Romo and Whitten were not invited to T.O. party. The media wants to bury T.O. at the expense of the Cowboys.

Silk...you da man!!!

I have been on another Cowboys board and I am a HUGE supporter of Terrell Owens!!!

I have been getting blasted by other Cowboy fans and I find it rather amusing, boardering on insanity.

You may disagree with me on my next point, but this media stuff is the same tactics that are used in politics. The media has done a great Smear campaign against our current President, just as they are doing against T.O.

That's all I'm staying on politics on this thread...

T.O. is correct in that he is a Villan on ESPN and they will do everything possible to feed this perception. To me T.O. is a great NFL and Dallas Cowboys player. I still go back and look at T.O.'s Blotter record...the guys does NOT break the law. The guy gives you everythign he's got on the field and he is loved by everyone on the team.

I hear stuff from local hack Dale Hanson...he states that if you don't like what is being said, change the station...the problem is that the media are being sheepish and they are ALL reporting negative crap about T.O.

I stated on another board that if someone doesn't write 100% truth, then it is a LIE. Yes 90% truth is still 10% lie and thus a LIE!!!

The reports last week were sensationalism rather than reporting.

Once someone or something is being attacked by the media, there is very little that can be done.

The sad part is seeing how many fans bought into the media and essentially helped to give credence to the media. It's almost as if we have a bunch of sheep and very few fans who can think indepedently in regards to hot topic issues or personalities, such as Terrell Owens.

I'm proud to be an Owens fan and I am even more proud that he is a Leader on this Cowboys organization!!!

I don't know about the rest of you...but I've got my popcorn ready for Saturday night!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:31 PM   #356
Murphy3
Guru

I don't believe anything that comes out of TO's mouth... I don't believe much that comes out of Crayton's mouth. I'm alot more likely to believe Ed Werder than I am either of those two clowns.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #357
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I don't believe anything that comes out of TO's mouth... I don't believe much that comes out of Crayton's mouth. I'm alot more likely to believe Ed Werder than I am either of those two clowns.
Why's that?

Old 12-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #358
92bDad
Platinum Member

The Media and numerous fans hate T.O. yet they don't even know the guy.

Has he contributed to some ill well towards himself, yes, and he even admits it.

Has he changed and continues to try to do things differently...without a doubt.

In the past T.O. would have whinned to the Media...this time, he simply had a conversation with players and coaches.

Then the media turns it into a story of turmoil at Valley Ranch.

Had the Media NOT reported this story, would any of us know of any turmoil? Would any player or member of the Dallas Cowboys organization voice any discontent?

Is anyone in the Cowboys saying anything about T.O.?

This has turned into the biggest NON-story of the 3 years that T.O. has been...and believe me there have been a TON of NON-stories when it comes to T.O. and the Cowboys.

No matter what the Cowboys and T.O. do, everyone has an opinion...but hey, last I heard, Opinions are like A. Holes, everyone has one and they rarely smell sweet.

For some reason, the media and people like to hate...they are now hating on T.O. and from this fan, it drives me a bit crazy...and lord knows, I aint got too much further to go before I'm on the deep end.

T.O. is not OJ, T.O. has not killed anyone, T.O. has not done Dope, T.O. has not gone out and drove while under the influece, T.O. has not SHOT Himself in the leg...the list goes on and on...

What T.O. has done is simply called attention to the SAME thing that Saited Ex-Cowboy Troy Aikman noticed in the Cowboy-Pittsburg game. Yes, it was Troy who in the broadcast made a comment about how the Cowboys appear to be targeting Witten a bit too much. But since T.O. decided to communicate with players and coaches (IN-House) and tried to handle things IN-House...he is to be vilified.

Give me a break...people simply want T.O. to fail and the fact tha the is succeeding is driving them nuts.

Dare I say, it's the same thing that politically the liberals do with Republicans...and let me be so bold that Republicans and lining up to do with Obama.

If they don't like someone, they are looking for reasons to say "See I told you so"

Well if nothing else, this crap I see happening to T.O. makes me realize that I need to back off and give our future President the benefit of the doubt...oooops wrong thread...

I trust T.O., Crayton and the rest of the Cowboy organization...I seriously do NOT trust the media and these mysterious sources!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #359
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

g.r.f.o.s.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #360
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

2 of 9, anyway...

Quote:
Schein's Nine: Cowboys could be last year's Giants

1. Dallas = New York

The Dallas Cowboys could be the Giants from a year ago.

That's right.

The Cowboys, assuming they are done fighting amongst each other, can still go to the Super Bowl because of their defense and star power on offense.

That is, of course, if they make the playoffs.

Dallas' defense is finally clicking. DeMarcus Ware had three of the eight sacks against Eli Manning on Sunday night. Fellow linebackers Greg Ellis, Bradie James and Zach Thomas have been playing great ball. Terrence Newman is back and playing at a Pro Bowl level. Jay Ratliff is the most underrated defensive tackle in the game.

And then there's Wade Phillips, the beaten-down head coach. Cue the Mike Holmgren rumors. Or the Bill Cowher rumors. Jason Garrett, anyone?

But did you think Phillips was distracted by the nonsense this week?

Ellis tells us about a genius coaching move Phillips made for the Giants game.

"DeMarcus and I switched sides for most of the game. We didn't do that any this year. In the playoffs last year, I still remember when the Giants drove down at the end of the first half. I could've kicked myself in the butt. DeMarcus is much better on the left side based upon what kind of rusher he is, plus factoring in the Giants lineman he's facing. I'm better on the right side. When we got the opportunity to make the switch, we embraced it. It made such a difference in getting to the quarterback."

Stop the presses — Phillips actually coaches the team!

The next two games, against the Ravens on Saturday night and in Philly to end the season, aren't easy. But I think Dallas' defense is ready.

2. Dallas drama

I made the point on Sirius NFL Radio last Friday that the T.O.-Romo-Witten drama was overblown. Not that there wasn't a problem, perhaps. But I thought it would have no impact on the actual Cowboys versus Giants game. There was no way to argue the Cowboys defense would be impacted at all.

Ellis totally agreed with that assessment and then explained in his mind what happened last week and how Wade Phillips went out of his way to make sure the 'controversy' didn't effect the defense.

"Wade addressed that," Ellis said. "He had some concern that it was going on at a high level with T.O. supposed to do this and Witten wanting this and Romo thinking this. But I am here to tell you it was never that way. The media is doing its job. Their job is to report. And sometimes it is without all the facts. That's fine. We put it all on the back burner. Everything the media writes about isn't 100 percent accurate. I understand the job to make it hot and juicy to gain attention of the readers. But in this case they over- exaggerated what was going on. What was going on is everyone comes from a different background, the way T.O. talks versus Witten versus Romo versus a Greg Ellis. How we address each other can be misinterpreted."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote