Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Deng was mentioned above.

Someone mind explaining to me why the division leading Bulls would want to trade away their 18 ppg (46%/37%) swingman who is third on their team in scoring?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post

Someone mind explaining to me why the division leading Bulls would want to trade away their 18 ppg (46%/37%) swingman who is third on their team in scoring?
!

They wouldn't.

And I don't have a ton of interest in dumping young guys like Jones, Roddy, Mahinmi etc plus Butler to rent Melo for a year while KARMA boots us out of the first or second round and Melo goes to NY in the offseason. Then we watch Roddy and Dojo become allstars and Mahinmi as a solid starting center on another team in the future while we struggle to rebuild.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-03-2011 at 10:41 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
!

They wouldn't.

And I don't have a ton of interest in dumping young guys like Jones, Roddy, Mahinmi etc plus Butler to rent Melo for a year while KARMA boots us out of the first or second round and Melo goes to NY in the offseason. Then we watch Roddy and Dojo become allstars and Mahinmi as a solid starting center on another team in the future while we struggle to rebuild.
If you believed in KARMA you would think the Mavs would have won the title one of these past years with what happened with Miami
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post

Yeah, it was a random mention, that ship sailed. They shopped him hard in the summer, but right now they obviously have no intention to trade him. So i guess we're looking at Jackson, Wallace (maybe), Hamilton, Prince (maybe?), Igoudala (maybe)?
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Yeah, it was a random mention, that ship sailed. They shopped him hard in the summer, but right now they obviously have no intention to trade him. So i guess we're looking at Jackson, Wallace (maybe), Hamilton, Prince (maybe?), Igoudala (maybe)?
I'd say Jackson, Hamilton, and Iguodala are all very available. Wallace, despite a few rumors, I'd imagine will stay in Charlotte.

I haven't heard much about Prince's availability, and its not like he has an awful contract that Detroit wants gone, and he has been with the team for a long time. However, he is 30, and so he's not a young piece they want to hang onto. If he is available, I'd be interested...his stats are way better than I realized. 15 points a game on 50% shooting from the floor and 44% from the field. That's almost exactly what Butler was giving us in only 2 more mpg...slightly less points, slightly more efficient (which would make you think he could score as much as Butler if he needed to, and his efficiency would only drop to what Butler's was), but practically the same. Plus, isn't he known as a pretty good defender? Its probably wishful thinking, because he's not being mentioned in trade rumors like the others are starting to be, but he does look like he could easily fill Butler's role if we could get him. And, of course, being on a better team should make him even better, right?

Last edited by tcat075; 01-04-2011 at 11:33 AM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
butlerrang, butler_is_done, lambasted rick41, suffering from p.e.