Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-23-2003, 10:16 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

So the Ticket goes to commercial while I am driving to the Buffet show last night and I flip over to the spare Keith Leibowitz on Fox 1190. Keith is talking about the Cowboys' draft and then this other voice chimes in. A very familiar, terrifying, haunting voice of incompetence from Ticket past.

It took me a minute to place it, but then I realized that, yes, no, it couldn't be. But it was... the mystery voice belonged to the worst on-air personality to grace the little Ticket since Skip Bayles.

Some moron put <u>David Robinson Also</u> back on the air.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2003, 10:54 AM   #2
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously. I should apply for a job at 1190.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 11:18 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Rhylan, you're overqualified
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 02:21 PM   #4
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

1190 has a weak signal I can hardly hear it at all.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 03:23 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

What is Kevin Blanford (sp?) doing these days?
Old 04-30-2003, 03:31 PM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I don't know, he filled in one day during the holidays with somebody (not David).
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 04-30-2003, 05:05 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I know that he was in NY for the draft...david robinson, that is.

is blanford still at the ticket in some capacity? I still hear his name mentioned from time to time
Old 04-30-2003, 05:27 PM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Supposedly, Expo is working over at 103.3. I'd like to hear him try to dominate that show too. Coop would shoot him.

Old 06-04-2003, 02:17 PM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

Default Further Sign of the Apocolypse-Dallas Sports Media Shocker

Quote:
The Hot Spot, late of Ticket fame, debuts on Fox Sports Radio 1190 on Monday. Kevin Blanford and David Robinson will co-host the show from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Next up, says station manager Frazier Maxwell, is naming a permanent host for the 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. time slot.
And Galloway is switching over to 103.3. Am I right to assume the time won't change?

Old 06-04-2003, 03:08 PM   #10
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Galloway leaving WBAP for ESPN

By Richie Whitt
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

Galloway is leaving WBAP/820 AM for ESPN, a sister station known as KESN/103.3 FM.

The host of Texas' longest-running sports talk-radio show is moving to ESPN Radio after almost two decades at WBAP/820 AM, which has shifted its emphasis from sports-related programming to conservative political programming during the past several years.

Star-Telegram columnist Randy Galloway, whose weeknight Sports at Six has aired on WBAP since 1985, will debut on the all-sports station in mid-July. His time slot has not been determined.

WBAP, a sister station of the ESPN station, KESN/103.3 FM, is expected to announce Galloway's departure today.

"This move has been inevitable since our company put a sports station on the air," said Galloway, referring to Disney, owner of both radio stations. Galloway has been at the Star-Telegram since 1998 and in the Metroplex sports market since 1966. "It's a great move for me, from the standpoint that I'll be with a station that concentrates on sports.

"But after being on the same time on the same station for 18 years, that's hard to give up." Pete Dits, general manager of both stations, declined to comment Monday.

Galloway is leaving the market's No. 1 rated news/talk station for a station in the bottom 10, according to the latest monthly Arbitron ratings trend, released May 27.

But ESPN undoubtedly hopes that Galloway, who has consistently hosted the top-rated show in the time slot, will provide a huge boost in its battle with KTCK/1310 AM, known as The Ticket.

ESPN, which debuted in the Metroplex in 2001, had only one-fourth The Ticket's market share in the latest Arbitron trend.

Without Galloway, WBAP moves significantly farther from sports programming. The 50,000-watt power of the Southwest was home to the Texas Rangers and several sports-related shows in the 1970s, '80 and '90s, but is left with only Dallas Stars games.

The station now features a lineup of conservative hosts, including Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Mark Davis.

ESPN, the flagship station of the Dallas Mavericks, features nationally syndicated shows except for the 3-6 p.m. slot hosted by Chuck Cooperstein, who once followed Galloway on WBAP, and NBC 5's Newy Scruggs.

ESPN's weekday 6 p.m. slot is being filled by a variety of shows, some focusing on Texas Motor Speedway and the Rangers, using part-time host Bill Stinneford.

The bottom line? WBAP takes another step away from sports and ESPN adds a heavy hitter to a lineup that boasts strong national voices but lacks local punch.

Said Galloway: "In this business, it's just good to still be wanted."

Old 06-04-2003, 03:52 PM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I miss the good ol' days of WBAP.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:19 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Default RE: Further Sign of the Apocolypse-Dallas Sports Media Shocker

back when they had the rangers games...
Old 06-04-2003, 10:07 PM   #13
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Yup, and they had programming like an hour or two before the game. Eric Nadel would come on and do some kinda historical baseball piece an hour before gametime.. then they'd have pregame and stuff. And Marc Holtz. And then David Hatchet after the game. That was money.