Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-24-2003, 01:37 AM   #521
Tank

Tank is on a distinguished road

seems the only things people can say good about nellie is he brought nash and dirk over witch is good but hes just not a good coach we won 60 games because we got a all world player in dirk exellent pg in nash and a good sg in fin with a bunch of role players but face the facts nellie cant coach you dont go with matchups or 2 pg's no matter how much you score you give it right back on defence

you dont put walt williams and the power forward and let malik rose abuse him like a red headed stepchild you dont put 2 no defence playing pgs out there cause all its gonna do is put your big men in foul trouble or lead to easy lay-ups

what we should do it get a new couch teach some real defence to our players teach dirk to pass like a star and run the offence like the kings post dirk while everyone else back cuts comes off screens cut to the rack or take a fade away jumper or try to draw a foul our offence will be just as effective and our defence will be very much improved as we wont have 2 pg that cant pay a lick of d out there at the same time or a 6'6 player at power forward just cause he can score on him it makes our defence bad
Old 05-24-2003, 02:09 AM   #522
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

You know, we still haven't played a good game this series. We still have shot 40% for three consecutive games.

My educated guess is that we would've lost this series, anyways. We can't hang with these guys when we're playing as shitty as we are right now.

And yes, this series is over. 4-1 is now my esteemed prediction, sans Dirk. No one can rebound a lick to save their life-- our other resident 7 footer, Raef, had 3 rebounds in 30 minutes, and he's our only option-- and the shots aren't falling. Parker's carving up our perimeter defense like a hot knife through butter, and Duncan had 10 rebounds in the first quarter alone. Even if we miraculously started playing better offensively, the rebounding disparity is going to be insurmountable. We could win a game or two here or there without Dirk, but three more out of four? No way.

It was a fun ride. Go Mavs 2004!
Old 05-24-2003, 09:10 AM   #523
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Spurs outplayed the Mavs because the refs let them. MAvs were attacking early but the fouls weren't being called. Raja attacked the basket twice and was fouled twice but since it was the MVP, no fricking call! What are the Mavs going to do? Keep on attacking anf turn the ball over because the refs dont' call a foul when the need to. Its as if there's a pre-determined amount of free throws before the game. Mavs 15 - Spurs 45. That's BS. If the Mavs attack the basket, they should get fouled at least some of the time. The Mavs were attacking. Finley tried to dunk the ball but Duncan undercut him. No foul. IT must really be frustrating to be a Mav right now. You attack the basket but there's no foul all the time. Ridiculous.