Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-11-2003, 03:48 PM   #1
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default The Sock's thread

To all of you who've been keeping up and asking about Ryan ....

I'm happy to announce that "One long Blue Sock" was named the MVP of the entire Texas Basketball camp today. When he received the award, the head coach called him a "can't miss" prospect.

Making his aging father VERY PROUD.

Next week, it's on to another camp and, hopefully, more great things.

Thanks to all of you and your PM's wishing him well.

(Hey, Cuz..."How do you like them apples" ? We miss seeing you !)
Old 07-11-2003, 03:51 PM   #2
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: The Sock's thread

op, congrats. you must be very proud.

and, sock, that's awesome! a great basketball player and a great poster! good luck next week and in the years to come!!
Old 07-11-2003, 04:10 PM   #3
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Right on, Sock! Keep it up dude.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:14 PM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Great job Sock!
Old 07-11-2003, 04:17 PM   #5
cookies_n_mavs

cookies_n_mavs is on a distinguished road

Woohoo Sock!
Old 07-11-2003, 05:00 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

And remember sock....when the time comes for you to sign that fat FA contract....think about Dallas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 05:28 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to sock. I knew this board had great Basketball minds, but a great Basketball player? No wonder this board is soooo great.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:08 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats sock - knock them dead kid.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 06:11 PM   #9
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Thank you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2003, 06:14 PM   #10
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Congrats!

Will you be playing in the D-M.com basketball game if we ever have one?

We need talent, lot's of talent.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 06:19 PM   #11
one long blue sock
Golden Member

Yeah, i was planning to.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:26 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Do you already have an agent, One Blue? Fathers are not allowed in the NBA. Make me a call, can deal.

Congratulations!

Old 07-11-2003, 10:01 PM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Sock!!

It's been good news all around today...not counting the Mavs.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:31 PM   #14
Dirks Cuzin

Dirks Cuzin is on a distinguished road

Nice job Ryan... For a second there, I thought it said, the state of Texas... lol. Have fun playin college hoops in a while... Austin Peay baby..!!!
Old 07-16-2003, 03:32 PM   #15
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

BUMP...for an update.

The sock is back in camp this week...this time it's team camp ...almost all games with a few contests.

He's bringing home awards every day....today they had a full court layup competition...giving them 9 seconds to dribble the length of the court and make the shot...then 8 seconds...then 7 ... then 6...when it got to 5 seconds...Sock raced the length of the court...got inside the FT line and put up a prefect NVE teardrop that hit nothing but net.

Game, set , match. Came home with a Gold medal and a custom ball.

I'm betting it's MVP time again when the camp concludes on friday....

So who's going to step up and guard him in the Mavs vs Mavs Game 2 on 8/10 ?

I hope Afroman will step up on this one...

more as things develop....

Again, thanks so much to all of you who've been PMing me asking how the week is going.

You don't know how much it means to me and the Sock.

(Chi...we can be co-agents and split the season tickets about 6 years from now...God, I hope he doesn't go into the draft and end up with the Clips....it's a long way off and we're taking it step by step, keeping it real)
Old 07-16-2003, 03:36 PM   #16
one long blue sock
Golden Member

Can we get a list of all the people who are coming???
Old 07-16-2003, 04:19 PM   #17
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

He's a tough cover... shame I'll be outta town [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 04:22 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Rhlyan ducking the new kid on the block. *Gasp* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Best of luck to you sock. Keep on keepin' on.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:26 PM   #19
one long blue sock
Golden Member

Hey man, I've been here since Oct. I'm not new.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:58 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: one long blue sock
Hey man, I've been here since Oct. I'm not new.

Not new here...the new young stud on the court for the Mavs games. I was trying to make Rhlyan feel old. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2003, 05:36 PM   #21
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Chasing Sock around the court Sunday already did that, Doc [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 09:46 AM   #22
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

wooooooo wooooooooooooo sock.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:02 PM   #23
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Sock was MVP again this week...made a 17 footer with 2 seconds left in the championship game...we have too many medals and plaques....guesss I'll put them on e-bay.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:13 PM   #24
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Great job sock, keep on busting em up...
Old 07-18-2003, 06:16 PM   #25
cookies_n_mavs

cookies_n_mavs is on a distinguished road

So when will we be seing you as a starter for the Mavs?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2003, 10:30 PM   #26
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

WTG again.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:43 PM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Hey, One Blue, we have a free spot with Sprite. Will you sign with us (OP and me) or not?

Old 01-03-2004, 11:39 PM   #28
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Default RE:The Sock's thread

BUMP AGAIN....

So many people have PM'd me lately asking for another "Sock" update...it's a bit hard to believe that I haven't updated it since the summer.

The Sock is now 6'1 + 1/2" and playing for Denton Ryan High School (of football fame). He'll be 15 in May.

The Ryan Raiders 9th grade basketball team, to be honest, isn't stocked with a lot of height. So, the Sock, who's a 2 or 3, has been playing the 5. For the first 10 games, he was playing at about an average of 15/13/5blks in a 32 minute game. The only other real player was an AI clone that played the 1. (And one of the guys on my AAU select 14 team last summer).

In the last 6 games, the Sock has been playing at a 25pt/15reb/4 blk per game pace.

Tonight, in his first district game, he had a 26/16/3 game with 5 assists and 2 of 3 from 3pt land. And that's in a 32 minute game.

He plays a lot like Kirilenko and is better looking than Dirk.

White men can jump !

Old 01-04-2004, 12:22 AM   #29
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
BUMP AGAIN....

So many people have PM'd me lately asking for another "Sock" update...it's a bit hard to believe that I haven't updated it since the summer.

The Sock is now 6'1 + 1/2" and playing for Denton Ryan High School (of football fame). He'll be 15 in May.

The Ryan Raiders 9th grade basketball team, to be honest, isn't stocked with a lot of height. So, the Sock, who's a 2 or 3, has been playing the 5. For the first 10 games, he was playing at about an average of 15/13/5blks in a 32 minute game. The only other real player was an AI clone that played the 1. (And one of the guys on my AAU select 14 team last summer).

In the last 6 games, the Sock has been playing at a 25pt/15reb/4 blk per game pace.

Tonight, in his first district game, he had a 26/16/3 game with 5 assists and 2 of 3 from 3pt land. And that's in a 32 minute game.

He plays a lot like Kirilenko and is better looking than Dirk.

White men can jump !

You can't seriously be comparing your son to AK47

and congrats, great game kid
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 12:37 AM   #30
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Orginally posted by:WF3....
"You can't seriously be comparing your son to AK47"

--For once you're right, Ubie. I can't. That's just what a lot of people who TRIED to play against him in the Mavs vs. Mavs Game have said...and a lot of other people say. I don't see that but I guess that they do. --TO ME, he just plays like himself.

--Get your ass off of the bench, WF3, and come play in a Mavs vs. Mavs game...if you came out, you might find that one of our Mods is superquick with a nice outside shot; one of the BradleyManiacs will eat you in the post with an ambidextrous hook shot; and one of our best female posters can outplay most of the arrogant men. When you get the HUEVOS, just call me. I've arranged those games before...and I'd love to arrange one for YOU !!
Old 01-04-2004, 12:48 AM   #31
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You can't seriously be comparing your son to AK47
From what I've heard and pictures I've seen, I've made that comparison.

This guy is going to be special.

OP has all the reason in the world to be proud.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:55 AM   #32
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Orginally posted by:WF3....
"You can't seriously be comparing your son to AK47"

--For once you're right, Ubie. I can't. That's just what a lot of people who TRIED to play against him in the Mavs vs. Mavs Game have said...and a lot of other people say. I don't see that but I guess that they do. --TO ME, he just plays like himself.

--Get your ass off of the bench, WF3, and come play in a Mavs vs. Mavs game...if you came out, you might find that one of our Mods is superquick with a nice outside shot; one of the BradleyManiacs will eat you in the post with an ambidextrous hook shot; and one of our best female posters can outplay most of the arrogant men. When you get the HUEVOS, just call me. I've arranged those games before...and I'd love to arrange one for YOU !!
LMAO

Listen up, I would KILL EVERYONE of you in any basketball game of any form, anywhere. I would beat the Sock too, he sounds great, no knock on him, but I am better. I am 6"5 for one, so a height advantage, I have an incredulous O game, I can post up, I have been told my hook is better then Kareem's, I never miss my hook, I have a unguardable fadeaway, nice post moves, I can drain any three from 50 feet in with consistency, just today at the gym in a pick-up game, I hit 8 straight 30 footers. I can hit the pull-up, drive on you, post up, drain the J from anywhere. My O game is unlimited. Honestly, if I could play better D, I could be in the NBA, like a Legler or Korver at the very least. My D is quite suspect, its good on normal levels, but would be totally exposed in the NBA. I would love to play w/ you'll, but I live very far away, am almost alway's traveling on business, and I am a very busy men. However, I am meaning to get down to Dallas in a few months to see a game. I'd love to play, pm me or something, lets try to get a date, I would love to come school ya'll and meet some of you'll in person, a lot of you I am sure are great people.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:00 AM   #33
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

WF3 sounds so familiar, it's kind of scaring me. The self love, the travel on business, I've seen it all before.

Way to go sock. Great to see.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 01:45 AM   #34
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

W43, all I can say is wow...I guess i'll believe it when I see it. Congrats to OP and Sock, I wish you continued success.

When will the next D-M.com game be? I would love to be able to participate in one! It would have to be on a weekend with extended notice so I could make it down from Norman, but please let me know.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 02:54 AM   #35
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Its not self-love. Its merely the truth. Like I said, my D is VERY POOR, it would be so exposed in the NBA its not even funny, however my O game is more then NBA quality, that I promise you. Hell, I've even whooped ex-NBA player Blue Edwards one on one, granted he ain't great, but he was in the NBA a few years back.

I don't want to digress the thread though, great game Sock, too bad they have you at center. What area of the Sock's game would you say is best? And what part needs the most work? I know you are very proud Outlet, great game kid.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:58 AM   #36
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Thanks for the props MFF, OZ and SaltWater...your kind words are appreciated.

The Sock hasn't posted on the board in a long time now...I guess that it's been since school started in September. But I'll pass your good wishes on to him...tomorrow. He plays again on Tuesday night.

For those who've PM'd me...Hawaii is still his school of choice...but UT is getting into the picture. They're about to sign a (junior) 23ppg scorer from his school on a basketball/baseball scholarship...and they're sending us all of the UT stuff. Sock knows how much I loved living in Austin during law school. but he'll have to decide. We're still 2 years away from that. We'll just have to see after he QUITS GROWING. Thankfully, he's a straight A Student.

The Sock and I DID organize the Mavs vs. Mavs game 1 and 2. We've been to a couple of watching parties...but there wasn't anything like the 2 Mavs vs. Mavs games. It's fun to sit around and eat and drink with friends..but even greater to play with and against the other people on this board.

To understand this board, you just have to go out and meet everyone.

We'd love to organize another game...but you guys will have to get your act together.
Here's MY dream team from the DM posters:

PG: Xerxes
SG: Rhylan
SF: KG
PF: Sock
C: MavsAfroMan

6th Man: DrBio
7th Woman: Mandy
8thman:Me (Sorry, it's my Rugby position)
9er: Evil
10: LRB (You will NEVER drive into the paint on the Big Man !!)
11: The green haired one; Sturm.
12) Chi would have this spot...but he's too far away..so it's PFUZZ on the run.

So, if you got Benjamins...we'll play you......

Old 01-04-2004, 03:50 AM   #37
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Denton Ryan play last year. They had on of the better backcourts in the area and I watch a lot of High School basketball.

Keep working on your game Sock. Maybe you can play the 2 to Austin Jackson's 1 next year. Who knows, he may even let you shoot a couple of times.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2004, 04:08 AM   #38
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Thanks Uber...sorry...I mean WF3...those were kind words also.

I am a proud father...no question about that...but since I DO coach a Select AAU team, I can be more circumspect...

SO many of my old friends here always ask me about the Sock...they've followed him for a while now, so, I guess for the newer members, I'll have to back up and tell you about him:

In 6th and 7th grade, he was the pg. He didn't shoot much or rebound much or block any shots. But what HE DID DO was to send laser passes to two 6' footers; steal everything in sight; and have 18 assists for every turnover. But he was growing and we knew that he was going to grow out of the 1 spot. We spent a lot of time on his rebounding, FT's and his strength.

In 8th grade, he'd gone from 5'5" to 5'10"...and he had to play the 5. Under a horrible coach. It was a little bit of a lost year...even though he was the 2nd best 8th grader in the Dallas area; the best was a 6'6" kid who looks and plays like Dirk...a kid from Colleyville Heritage who's supposed to end up at 7 ft +. Ro teaches both of them.

I know that this sounds like an incredible jump. From a 5'5" PG to a 5'10" C in 8th grade..but it really wasn't that short. He put in hours and hours of hard work. He's just a gym rat and has had the good fortune to have been mentored by RO and all of the HS guys here in Coppell; their 7' footer, Stuart Creason, and their 6'5" guard Bryan Gaston and their 6' PG, Ryan Wall, helped mentor him. So, the Sock has had to play against everything; guys who were much taller; guys who were much faster; and that's how he learned.

Last summer, we divided time between the MLK center in Denton and the Coppell gym...and I think that's what really made a big difference. He learned to play both black and white...in musical terms, he learned to play improvisational jazz and Mozart.

Ok MF3, now to what you asked.....

What he does well:
1) He defends ONTHE BALL...and all of his blocked shots are on his man. Not from the help side.
2) He sees the court FLUIDLY. And can hit his man under the basket, from the perimeter, with a laser pass. Or he can drive and dump pass into his man under the basket.
3) He can shoot from anywhere...really tough down law; really soft from outside. He can create his own shot or just take a pass and shoot.
4) He's a hellacious rebounder....he's got a 36" vertical and is just instinctive. He knows the angles and his teammtes shot tendencies.
5) He'll rebound...take the ball up court like a PG, then take it to the hole like a PF. AND finish with an "And One"
6) He's extremely smart and can figure out, in the first quarter, what the referees are calling and which guys on the other team can actually play.
7) He doesn't take bad shots or make bad decisions.
7) He wants to WIN. Actually, that's his best virtue.

What he doesn't do well:
1) He can be taken out of the game, for a quarter or a half, by his own frustration. THIS was REALLY a problem 2 years ago. But it's still his achilles heel. If he doesn't hit EVERY SHOT or if the referees are inconsistent, he DOES have a tendency to lose focus. He'll keep blocking shots and he'll still rebound...but he won't play much "O".
2) He's too unselfish. And that's just his old PG mentality. He'd still love to hit a great pass rather than score himself.
3) He doesn't understand what he can do....I've seen him hit so many game winners, time after time, in tournaments or in a camp, and it's still that PG mentality...not like Nash (because Nash can shoot)..,but he'll give the ball up.
4) Taller, stronger players can beat on him. He's almost 6'2" and he weighs 170. But at the 5, he's always going against bigger players. He's a 2 or a 3, who depend on quickness and leaping ability. But we're going to get him stronger; no doubt about that.

Hawaii is still Sock's first choice; but he's getting a lot of attention from UT because of the recruiters who are in Denton for Austin Jackson....if you don't know who Austin is...he's a 2 sport All-American....punch up that name on "GToogle".

Old 01-04-2004, 04:12 AM   #39
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

glad to hear sock is doing so well...those are some crazy stats! he really is going to be something special...actually, he already is.

too bad i won't be able to make another mavs vs. mavs game until this summer...i leave again tomorrow. but i have been playing a lot of pick up ball, so i am ready to come out and school y'all! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

and walkerforthree, if you play as well as you boast about anything and everything, you would be in the nba for sure...

Old 01-04-2004, 05:00 AM   #40
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have to check him out. I like young players who see the floor and know how to play the game and he seems to fit the description. The strength will come.

Sounds like he's face some good competition also. I got a chance to see Coppell a few times over the past couple of years and I loved Ryan Walls game. Solid pg.

How does he react when going against better players? Does he still take it to them or does he tone down his game.