Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-14-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bledsoe name NFC Offensive Player of the Week!

Way to go Drew!

Bledsoe, Young, Carney earn NFC honors

Parker, Brackett and Scobee take AFC honors
(Sept. 14, 2995) -- Quarterback Drew Bledsoe of the Dallas Cowboys, defensive tackle Bryant Young of the San Francisco 49ers and kicker John Carney of the New Orleans Saints are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played on NFL Kickoff 2005 Weekend (Sept. 8, 11-12).

OFFENSE: QB DREW BLEDSOE, DALLAS COWBOYS

Bledsoe helped ensure his debut with the Cowboys would be a victorious one, completing 18 of 24 attempts for 226 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a 28-24 road-win against the San Diego Chargers. Bledsoe became the 10th player in NFL history with 40,000 passing yards, as his 226 yards brought his career total to 40,034. Bledsoe's 143.4 passer rating was a Week 1 NFC-high and his best since posting a 144.4 rating on Sept. 14, 2003 versus Jacksonville.

In his 13th season from Washington State, this is Bledsoe's eighth career Player of the Week Award.

Old 09-14-2005, 09:27 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Bledsoe name NFC Offensive Player of the Week!

We would have all lost money on that bet....but congrats to DREW!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:14 AM   #3
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Bledsoe name NFC Offensive Player of the Week!

he was impressive, took too many sacks but has a really good arm and head
Old 09-15-2005, 02:24 AM   #4
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Not sure if the first game was a fluke or not but I was impressed. He had a pretty flawless game with the exception of holding onto the ball too long at times. Either the offensive line has to get better or we are going to be in for a long a season with Drew. Offensive line was also great on Sunday but they are going to have to step it up a notch with Bledsoe in the pocket. Congrats to Drew.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:49 AM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Drew's first game in the Cowboys/Redskins rivalry this Monday, we'll really see what he is made of then..

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:11 AM   #6
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

I would expect more of the same...the Washington secondary can't handle the Dallas WR corps, well, unless Lavar Arrington and Marcus Washington are corners now
Old 09-15-2005, 03:15 PM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

all depends on up front..

Contact Me
Old 09-15-2005, 07:20 PM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Bledsoe haters - shove it up your ass
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:39 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Drew.

I still don't believe in you.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #10
alby
Guru

whos hating on drew?

Contact Me
Old 09-15-2005, 09:18 PM   #11
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
whos hating on drew?
Peruse the cowboys offseason thread. I think I had some choice words for my new favorite cowboy.

... but I ain't eatin crow just yet.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:21 PM   #12
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
whos hating on drew?
Peruse the cowboys offseason thread. I think I had some choice words for my new favorite cowboy.

... but I ain't eatin crow just yet.
Don't worry... You will be soon enough!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 11:01 PM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The only reason I'm at all surprised that Drew won the honor in Week One is that I'm surprised the game played out the way it did. It seems clear to me that Bill would really like to win games something like 20-13. And I think that this ball-hawking, bone-jarring, tremendously deep terror of a defense--manned by both seasoned veterans and hungry young studs--will be more than up to that task. Kick coverage failed us in the first game, and perhaps I undersold San Diego. But I'll be surprised if Monday's night sees more than 35 points scored--and I expect that more than a handful of games this year will play out that way.

Yet this is not to diminish the treasure chest of talent the Cowboys own on the offensive side of the ball. That receiver core? My goodness. Please, Hammer, don't hurt 'em. It's almost unfair that you can add Jason Whitten to that mix, and surely by midseason or so a third-down threat from the backfield in the shape of Marion Barber or Tyson Thompson (if Julius Jones himself doesn't adopt that role as his own). I also expect the offensive line to grow as unit with every passing game.

I imagine Quincy Carter--God bless his soul--could put up nice numbers in this offense. But Drew Bledsoe? If that surprises you, then you, m'friend, don't know Drew Bledsoe. He lit the world on fire when he went to Buffalo. And then what did their bungling, fumbling management do? In a drunken blissful state about their offense, they devote almost the entirety of their resources to the defensive side of the ball. Little by little their offensive talent eroded. By the end, Drew was left to go it on his own.

Now, as great a quarterback as the soon-to-be-ninth-all-time Drew Bledsoe is, he admittedly is not a guy in the mold of Favre or Elway, a guy who might create everything by himself. If you want an apt comparison, look more toward our own beloved Troy Aikman. I dare say that when all the requisite pieces are around him, the former first choice overall from Washington State--he of the 4,000 yeard seasons and four Pro Bowl berths--is as well equipped as any other quarterback currently playing to lead a team to the Super Bowl.

It's right there before your eyes, if your eyes are open.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:43 PM   #14
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

nice post chum
Old 09-16-2005, 01:44 AM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

One thing that I think hurts Drew is his success. Kurt Warner is similar. They have always been able to make big plays so they continue to look for them instead of just throwing the ball away. I think the cowboys will be 10-6 or 11-5 this year maybe 12-4 if everything falls perfectly. We could very easily be the chargers of last year. In fact we are damn near the same team.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:14 AM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
nice post chum
it's his first.

I agree that Drew will make the passes given time...he's proven that his entire career....if he gets time (O line), he will be solid usually and impressive occasionally. I can live with that.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:31 AM   #17
alby
Guru

I understand the whole situation where Buffalo believed that their offense was good enough and so they focused more on improving the defense. But they still have Eric Moulds, Lee Evans, Willis Mcgahee, etc.? Call me crazy but I feel that's enough talent for someone like lets say Aikman to be successful.

There's no questioning Bledsoe's arm and natural skill, but its his decision making that bothers me and making all the bandwaggoners nervous. Even after 13 years in the NFL, people are still not 100% sold on the guy, and there's got to be obvious reasons for that. All I'm saying is let's not get too ahead of ourselves, because it's only been one game =)

With that being said..

we better kill the redskins this monday

how bout them cowboys? =p

Contact Me
Old 09-16-2005, 11:31 AM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

The Goreskins (or is that supposed to be a F instead of a G?...... don't remember how to spell that) will suffer and die at the hands of the once again Mighty Americas Team.

Prepare for the slaughter.