Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #41
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Cowboys vs. Chargers Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Dang fine win in a hostile place. A team with all returning players and pretty dang good last year. A top running back as well. Well done.
Well they brought everyone back except probably their biggest threat deep which is Antonio Gates. But i'm not gonna take anything away from the Cowboys. In previous seasons when they would win it just seemed liek they were lucky. Yesterday they won the game. It wasn't given to them.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2005, 12:28 PM   #42
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Cowboys vs. Chargers Gameday Thread

FFM, no kidding.

Gates sure would have helped the chargers on those 4 downs with goal to go.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:15 PM   #43
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Heck, it would have helped the chargers to just run the darn ball with LT once during those last 4 plays. They had a timeout so that had time to hand it off to LT on third down.

But great game from the Cowboys. I saw a lot of things to be excited about from the Cowboys. We looked looked pretty good in the secondary, which is a welcome change from last season. We got some serious pressure on the quarterback even if we didn't end up with a ton of sacks. And I'm starting to think we might have some quality depth at wide receiver with the play of Crayton and the addition of Price; we don't have a star receiver, but we seem to have a lot of guys who are going to be able to make plays and contribute. Last but not least, Bledsoe looked pretty good out there.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #44
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

Henry looks like a Pro Bowl corner....12 tackles, 1 INT, 5 passes defensed...yeah
Old 09-12-2005, 07:29 PM   #45
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

[quote]
Originally posted by: FINtastic
Heck, it would have helped the chargers to just run the darn ball with LT once during those last 4 plays. They had a timeout so that had time to hand it off to LT on third down.

I was frightened that the Chargers would do just that on third down and goal. Aikman, I think, was saying that the Chargers could run the ball since they did have a timeout, and I was literally shaking in my boots at the thought. Though I didn't have boots on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #46
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i was suprised they didn't run once. I was expecting a draw or trap or something on 2nd or third. but maybe they thought the cowboys would think that, too. who knows.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:18 PM   #47
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Marty's explanation was that the Cowboy's were blitzing on almost every play so there weren't any running lanes. They still may have been able to find him in the flat but it took two great plays, first from Henry then Glen, for the Cowboys to win that game. We get average CB play and we're 0-1.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:36 PM   #48
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Oh definitely, great plays had to be made eventhough they didn't run. The fear in me of the Chargers scoring didn't subside when they didn't run on third. Breeze, or is it spelled Breese?, was scaring me to do death. That was a great game to watch, though I missed some of it because of an exam review.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:41 PM   #49
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

I forget... Do we have rules for starting the Gameday threads?

I'm not volunteering - I'm asking.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:16 PM   #50
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Chaff should keep it up as long as the Ws keep rolling...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 06:48 PM   #51
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I'll set one up on Monday.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 07:03 PM   #52
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

that's my favorite college dj!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote