Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 03-24-2002, 05:24 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I almost posted this in the Lounge...

I have been putting together bits and pieces of the history of this site together by just reading some posts in a bunch of different threads, but would someone put together a short history on the site. I am interested in the role of the people who started the site, how the mods became mods, etc. Just a thought, but I bet a lot of people would enjoy reading something like that.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2002, 08:59 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, if you need history....most everything positive was done in response to keeping me under control
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 10:41 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Well, heres a few tidbits. If I remember it correctly.

The site "unofficially" launched in late June 2000. Launched by accident actually.

Djbacklash was it's first member(obviously), big_pth 2nd, and I was it's 3rd.

I was the winner of the first d-m.com contest(which I handed over to Murphy). Mavs Hockey jersey was the prize.

In January of last year the site was down for several weeks do to server problems.

That's all that comes to mind right now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 11:32 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Why do I believe that murph?

Rob- thanks. I was kind of hoping for a few paragraphs I guess...but thanks nonetheless.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2002, 01:20 AM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

In early March of 2001 a bunch of us from the old Sportstalk site came here at the invitation of either Rob or dj (I'm old - I can't remember). Mavinator, Madape, Evilmav, FineCubanCigar, and I are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I eventually got tired of LAM0015 (who pissed on a customer/friend of mine) and I quit posting. When LAM left, I joined up again under a new name.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 01:02 PM   #6
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

I was second? Man, that WAS a long time ago...
Old 03-25-2002, 04:47 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

who did lam0015 piss on?
i'm sure it had to be deserved though
Old 03-25-2002, 05:21 PM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<< who did lam0015 piss on? >>

EVERYBODY. You mean you don't remember Murph [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

Old 03-25-2002, 05:24 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< who did lam0015 piss on? >>

It was a guy who used to come into my store on a regular basis and we got to be friends. I found out that he was a Mavs fan and so I told him about the site. The next time I saw him (about a month later) he told me he had been run off the board by LAM. He was so embarassed that he wouldn't even tell me his login name. I was pretty pissed for awhile. But I am a naturally calm person so eventually I lost my passion on the issue (plus the guy moved away). But since I quit because of another poster, I decided to change names when I rejoined.
Old 03-25-2002, 07:07 PM   #10
MFFL
Guru

There are a couple of more interesting stories about the site. It went down late summer this year and I was worried it might not be back.

It was also hacked by the Chinese.

The mods would have more insight on both stories.
Old 03-25-2002, 07:45 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Now someone is just going to HAVE to tell me about the Chinese thing.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Doc
Old 03-25-2002, 08:30 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

<< Now someone is just going to HAVE to tell me about the Chinese thing. >>

Go to THIS thread.

Old 03-26-2002, 12:00 AM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Interesting...thanks for the link!
Old 03-27-2002, 05:35 AM   #14
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

<< who did lam0015 piss on?
i'm sure it had to be deserved though
>>

YOU should know murph [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2002, 11:06 PM   #15
MFFL
Guru

I got a couple of PM's on this and I just wanted everyone to know that I'm not pissed at murph over anything to do with LAM0015. Different name is a different person as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-31-2002, 11:19 PM   #16
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

big_pth,
where ya been man? you should come around more often...
Old 04-01-2002, 10:59 AM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hey, was i the 4th member? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

and mffl, did you ever find out his user name? and what was your old user name?
Old 04-01-2002, 04:04 PM   #18
MFFL
Guru

<< and mffl, did you ever find out his user name? and what was your old user name? >>

I never found out his user name - he may still be here as a lurker for all I know. But he moved away last season and I've lost touch with him.

When I first came to this site I used my name from SportsTalk - Mavs#1Fan. (MFFL was the name I set up for my fiancee to use on SportsTalk)
Old 04-01-2002, 07:24 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

your fiancee likes basketball?...damn, i wish i was that lucky.

where do you find women that are actually &quot;sports intelligent?&quot;

i fould a couple, but they were alcoholics. 12-pack of beer for every mavs or stars game.. didn't work out too well
Old 04-01-2002, 09:08 PM   #20
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< where do you find women that are actually &quot;sports intelligent?&quot;

i fould a couple, but they were alcoholics. 12-pack of beer for every mavs or stars game.. didn't work out too well
>>

lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Where did you find these women??? None of my friends are alcoholics (Note: I'm not talking about the guys here). Then again, I don't know what you mean by &quot;sports intelligent.&quot; Maybe we fall short??! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] That's too bad who knows what might have been. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2002, 09:51 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

That's too bad who knows what might have been.

BAAAA HAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAA!!!! I am on the floor on that one smiley!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2002, 10:24 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

someone that really understands the game..what's going on...
not asking for a sports genius or anything.

Hell, just don't want to be griped at for wanting to watch a mavs game. That would be a nice start.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:27 PM   #23
MFFL
Guru

<< your fiancee likes basketball?...damn, i wish i was that lucky. >>

She only posted a couple of times - posting on SportsTalk was NOT for those who are offended by bad language/manners. And she doesn't really like or know sports very well - she stopped being a Mavs fan after the trade. She was only a Hardaway fan. Now she roots for the other team since the Mavs &quot;screwed&quot; Timmy.
Old 04-05-2002, 11:48 PM   #24
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Hale,
I'm around, I just don't post as much as I used to. I enjoy watching some of the mess around here though. Like with RCF and his 15 aliases...
Old 04-05-2002, 11:59 PM   #25
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

And somewhere in here I came along and changed everyone's lives. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Well, ok, maybe that was a little overboard. But, I bring sunshine to the board. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2002, 12:38 AM   #26
MFFL
Guru

You light up our lives. You give us hope to carry on...
Old 04-06-2002, 04:05 AM   #27
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

MFF = definitely sunshine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2002, 11:05 AM   #28
Drbio
Banned

smiley- quit kissing up to the mods...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2002, 02:13 PM   #29
Smiles
Diamond Member

very funny, doc. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i'll let that one slide. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2002, 03:34 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

After kissing up to the mods, smiles quickly rose to power and fame. Her story is to be chronicled on the covers of Time Magazine, Newsweek and .....Oh my.....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2002, 08:21 PM   #31
Smiles
Diamond Member

Looks like I'm going to have to kick your butt now.

Better run,

better drop that ice chest, beer won't help you now,

No, no tears.... too late.
Old 04-06-2002, 08:27 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

hahahahaha

Old 04-06-2002, 08:31 PM   #33
MFFL
Guru

<< Looks like I'm going to have to kick your butt now.

Better run,

better drop that ice chest, beer won't help you now,

No, no tears.... too late.
>>

Like all redheads smiley has a mean streak.
Old 04-06-2002, 08:32 PM   #34
Drbio
Banned

Oh man...MFFL...you are asking for it....hahahaha
Old 04-06-2002, 08:36 PM   #35
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Like Dr is going to drop his beer!

That's the funniest of them all.

Old 04-06-2002, 08:37 PM   #36
Drbio
Banned

Like Dr is going to drop his beer!

When they pry it from my cold dead fingers maybe...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2002, 08:41 PM   #37
MFFL
Guru

I'm sure that Doc drops beers all of the time - when they're empty.
Old 04-06-2002, 08:47 PM   #38
MavsFanFinley
Guru

<< I'm sure that Doc drops beers all of the time - when they're empty. >>

LOL. Very funny.

This is how DR goads his foes into grabbing the beer from him.
Old 04-06-2002, 08:48 PM   #39
Drbio
Banned

Gosh. People are going to think I have an alcohol problem or somesuch. For the record, I am but a mere beer afficionado.

Old 04-06-2002, 08:55 PM   #40
Drbio
Banned

Shouldn't we refocus on smiles? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] oops....