Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-31-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
Nowitness41

Nowitness41 is on a distinguished road
Default Rashard Lewis to Knicks?

Live in Seattle and I heard this one today: Rashard in a sign-and trade to the Knicks for Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson, and David Lee Any comments on this one?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

I like the deal for Seattle. Lee has a lot of potential. They don't want to lose Rashard for nothing.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

I see why they would want David Lee, but I don't get why they'd want Nate Robinson when they've already got Ridnour and Watson. Seems like they'd have to move one of those two, and it's pretty risky to make a trade that makes you make another trade.

I know they'd need to take a big salary back to match Lewis', but I'd rather have Quentin Richardson than Crawford. Their contracts are nearly identical, except Crawford's got one more year at $10 mil. Q's deal expires after 09-10, which is the same year that deals expire for Allen, Watson, Ridnour and Wilkens. Get Q lined up in there and they're set to have huge caproom in the offseason that Lebron, Wade and Bosh come up.

The bigger issue though is that this deal would basically boil down to Lewis for 3 spare parts. Lewis is one notch below being an all-star and I think he could fetch a much better player.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:07 PM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

not going to happen. the knicks are linked to everyone.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:07 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinFuture
I like the deal for Seattle. Lee has a lot of potential. They don't want to lose Rashard for nothing.
Yea that's a bitch. Errp..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

Why would anyone want jamal crawford I have never seen anyone who has more 4-14 or 3-15 shooting nights. He is a prime example of a player who needs 20 shots to get 20 points. Robinson does not make sense either. But I like Lee he would look good backing up nowitzki
Old 05-31-2007, 11:55 PM   #7
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Knick's would be fool's to do that. Trade away the little trade assets they have in Nate and Lee for Lewis? Isiah will do anything but I doubt he'd do this.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:12 AM   #8
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone to the Knicks. Everyone that can and cannot be traded, is a free agent or is locked in for a long term deal, is retired or hasn't even been drafted yet, will go to the Knicks.

That trade isn't nearly shitty enough for the Knicks to make it, though. It is pretty crappy, but the Knicks could do a lot worse, and if they can do a lot worse, they do.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:00 AM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

if I were seattle I would swap Nate out for a big or a pick... or else they would turn into the west's version of the New York Knicks (too many guards)

After the trade
Marbury
Francis/Qrich
Rashard/Jeffries
Frye/Balkman
Curry/JeromeJames

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 06-01-2007 at 05:00 AM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #10
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Rockets: Possible Battier/No. 1 pick for Ra Lewis

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports...ory/76773.html

ORLANDO, Fla. – The Houston Rockets intend to contact the Seattle SuperSonics to discuss a potential sign-and-trade deal for free-agent forward Rashard Lewis.
The Rockets will offer forward Shane Battier and their No. 1 draft pick, 26th overall, in an attempt to lure Lewis home to Houston.

The Sonics say they want to re-sign Lewis, a one-time All-Star who has opted out of his contract, and they have the negotiating leverage to convince him to stay because they can offer a longer-term contract than any other suitor.

But the Rockets are hoping that they can cajole Lewis to leave the only NBA team he has played for with the enticement of being close to family and friends.

If the Rockets cannot land Lewis, they will consider offering Battier for Chris Wilcox, who thrives in up-tempo systems because of his ability to run the court. Wilcox could lose his starting power forward position in Seattle if Lewis and Kevin Durant, the team’s expected No. 2 overall draft pick, play together.

Hall of Famer Clyde Drexler, who works as a television analyst for the Rockets, has told team officials he has breakfast daily with Lewis and that he thinks he can help persuade the player to join a Rockets organization that passed on Lewis three times in the first round of the 1998 draft.

Drexler also has told the Rockets’ decision-makers he might be able to convince Lewis to leave the Sonics and take a shorter-term deal for the midlevel exception, though Houston acknowledges that is an unlikely scenario.

The Rockets had one of the best records in the league this season (52-30) but were bumped out of the postseason in the first round by the Utah Jazz, after which they fired coach Jeff Van Gundy and replaced him with Rick Adelman
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:02 PM   #11
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Battier for Lewis is not bad, but if that doesn't work they throw Battier away for Chris Wilcox? WHY?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #12
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

everybody goes to the knicks these days
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #13
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
I see why they would want David Lee, but I don't get why they'd want Nate Robinson when they've already got Ridnour and Watson. Seems like they'd have to move one of those two, and it's pretty risky to make a trade that makes you make another trade.

I know they'd need to take a big salary back to match Lewis', but I'd rather have Quentin Richardson than Crawford. Their contracts are nearly identical, except Crawford's got one more year at $10 mil. Q's deal expires after 09-10, which is the same year that deals expire for Allen, Watson, Ridnour and Wilkens. Get Q lined up in there and they're set to have huge caproom in the offseason that Lebron, Wade and Bosh come up.

The bigger issue though is that this deal would basically boil down to Lewis for 3 spare parts. Lewis is one notch below being an all-star and I think he could fetch a much better player.
I wouldn't call them spare parts. Lee was a double/double guy in just his second year in the league and would have been in the running for 6th man of the year had he stayed healthy.

Crawford could use a coach that could rein in his shot selection but he's a really explosive 2-guard

As far as Nate, he would be a bit redundant but it's not hard to move a point guard. There's always somebody looking for a good back up.

Also, I wouldn't touch Quinton Richardson because of his back.

I don't know if there's anything to this but it wouldn't be terrible for either team.

Last edited by dirno2000; 06-02-2007 at 02:45 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:42 PM   #14
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Houston plans on offering Battier and their first rounder for Rashard.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:52 PM   #15
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

They'd have to offer more than Battier. He's on the books for just $5.8MM next season. That means Lewis would have to accept a contract starting at roughly $7.8MM or $1.5MM less than he made last year.

Last edited by dirno2000; 06-02-2007 at 04:52 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #16
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

mavs get involved!!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:50 PM   #17
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

make the deal, get rid of robinson and crawford for a big -- maybe kwame brown?
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #18
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Seattle is getting rid of Lewis because Durant plays the same position.
Shane Battier is a what? SF.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote