Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-15-2004, 11:59 PM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Should we just cut Wiley?

Replace him with Kalen Thornton, he cant do any worse.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2004, 12:30 AM   #2
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE:Should we just cut Wiley?

Dat dude sucks.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:31 AM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Why do we have to cut Wiley in order to play Kalen Thorton?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 12:34 AM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Should we just cut Wiley?

We can, and probably will, cut him after next season. If we cut him now, it'll cost more than having him on the team.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:40 AM   #5
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

They need to build for the future if they don't start winning soon. Bench any and all veterans who are not productive. Lets see if any of those draft picks can actually play. If not, lose out and draft high (I never ever thought I would be a proponent of losing) and get better through the draft. I am tired of old players not named Vinny.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 12:55 AM   #6
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

I want the season to end as quickly as possible - but i can't bear to watch them lose out.

Please God, let the cowboys get Derrick Johnson & Antrel Rolle. Big Bill deserves a defensive unit worth a shit during what will certainly be his last season in professional football.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:20 AM   #7
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Should we just cut Wiley?

Wiley is the worst DE in the NFL.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:32 AM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Wiley is terrible, but he is merely a reflection of what was a terrible offseason.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:44 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
I want the season to end as quickly as possible - but i can't bear to watch them lose out.

Please God, let the cowboys get Derrick Johnson & Antrel Rolle. Big Bill deserves a defensive unit worth a shit during what will certainly be his last season in professional football.
Big Bill is largely responsible for the personnel on defense.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:55 AM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been monumentally disappointed in Wiley. I thought he was a great signing in the offseason based on his play in the last couple of years. Sadly, he has not performed up to our expectations.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:07 PM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

one of the top two needs for this team.

A nasty DE and Wiley to be cut.

or a nasty, big NT, and move Glover out to the DT/DE role in a 3/4.

Wiley has been horrible this year.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 03:04 PM   #12
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity

Big Bill is largely responsible for the personnel on defense.
Agreed - but I think the Wiley move has the stink of Jerry all over it.