Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-22-2002, 12:57 AM   #1
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

Van Exel, Lafrentz , and A. Johnson was very excited to be here, however I did not see Wahad. Van Exel had a long discussion with Del Harris before him, and the other guys left for the hotel. Tim Hardaway came and picked his stuff up after the game and was not to happy about it either. What loyalty Nellie shows to a guy, he came here and was willing to back-up Nash. Juwan Howard was so pissed off that he sent a close friend to pick up his stuff cause he wants nothing else to do with "those guys" with the exception of Fin and a few others. Harvey was there before the game, and seemed pretty cool about the whole thing. He now has a chance to play so that's about the only good thing I see with the trade. Did anyone see Finley's wristband tonight? He had the numbers 10 and 5 written on it, and Fin never wears a wristband. Do you think he is upset about the game? Yes, he was very down after the game, kind of like he lost his bestfriend.
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2002, 01:01 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah..i heard fin was really upset..
last time i saw him, he was crying in the locker room. I had to personally go over to him and console him telling him "you've still got a half to go. Let's go out and win this for juwan and timmy!!!"
he looked at me and said, "thanks Murph, you're right...you always know the right things to say."
I told him "What are friends for...don't worry, juwan and timmy will be ok"

he then told me that he wante to win the game for timmy, juwan, ..but also wanted to win it for avery, wahad, raef, and little nicky..so i think things turned out ok

after the game, he asked me if i wanted to join him and some of the other guys for a drink in a couple of weeks. I had to turn him down because i didn't want our friendship to interfere with my writing on dallas-mavs.com
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 01:06 AM   #3
Joe Joe
Banned

Murphy3, all that isn't necessary man. Please stop the crap man, if you want to post crap, go to the lounge man. I am just trying to give a heads up on the new guys, and some of the guys reaction since I haven't seen anything as of yet. If you did not like what I said, keep going and move on. No need for you to post crap like this after I try and provide some info.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:08 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

joe joe..i'm simply doing the same thing.
i have alot of connections as well.
i'm sorry that i offended you
Old 02-22-2002, 01:11 AM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< Tim Hardaway came and picked his stuff up after the game and was not to happy about it either. What loyalty Nellie shows to a guy, he came here and was willing to back-up Nash. >>

What an arrogant a-hole Hardaway is. Nellie is trying to win his first championship as a coach and all poor Timmy thinks of is himself. I would have thought Hardaway would have been happy for Nellie.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 01:17 AM   #6
Joe Joe
Banned

MFFL, do you think he would want to win a ring along with Nellie man? He is not acting wrong in anyway, just like Nellie Timmy's career is coming down to the end man. The guy wants a ring just as Nellie, he has a better chance here with Nellie. That's why he signed here, instead of anywhere else this summer. Tim wants a ring, you can't fault him for being pissed off.

Murphy3, I find it hard to believe that you were posting on this board while all this was going on, yet you still say you were there. Man, get a life and if you don't like what I said please just don't repy. It's that simple, I am just trying to provide all the info I can for this board. I find it rather sad that people like you would do things like that man. If you don't like my posts, skip it and don't read it. You seen that I started this thread, you didn't have to read it. Just pass it along and keep going man. Please do that for me, cause all this isn't necessary man.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:18 AM   #7
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

<< yeah..i heard fin was really upset..
last time i saw him, he was crying in the locker room. I had to personally go over to him and console him telling him &quot;you've still got a half to go. Let's go out and win this for juwan and timmy!!!&quot;
he looked at me and said, &quot;thanks Murph, you're right...you always know the right things to say.&quot;
I told him &quot;What are friends for...don't worry, juwan and timmy will be ok&quot;

he then told me that he wante to win the game for timmy, juwan, ..but also wanted to win it for avery, wahad, raef, and little nicky..so i think things turned out ok

after the game, he asked me if i wanted to join him and some of the other guys for a drink in a couple of weeks. I had to turn him down because i didn't want our friendship to interfere with my writing on dallas-mavs.com
>>

...and we have an early nominee for post of the year!!! Great stuff Murph!
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 01:24 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

i had my laptop with me
Old 02-22-2002, 01:30 AM   #9
Joe Joe
Banned

Yeah I bet you did man, I will just take this up with the Mods. It's obvious you seem to think you have a different set of rules than everyone else.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:32 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

that's fine JoeJoe.
but i do apologize if you were offended

but know this..just because someone else claims access to players and or inside knowledge..this doesn't necessarily make them liars.

once again, i'm sorry that i offended you buddy. I hope we can get past this and discuss the mavericks and what we have in store for the remainder of the season

sound like a deal?

good, let's get to work on it
Old 02-22-2002, 01:38 AM   #11
Joe Joe
Banned

Sounds good to me man, all I wanted to do is provide a little bit of info.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:41 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

and that's all i was doing..
helping the common reader's to understand what was going on in the locker room
Old 02-22-2002, 02:41 AM   #13
Joe Joe
Banned

Yea, but Murph it's hard to be in the locker room without the right credentials. You have to be coach, player or media to get in there. A friend or family memeber is not allowed in there at any time, for any reason. So maybe you might want to re-think the part about being in the locker room?
Old 02-22-2002, 02:43 AM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Prove that everyone on the forum doesn't have credentials. I might have credentials but respect the players privacy and don't reveal information. You never know.
Old 02-22-2002, 02:50 AM   #15
Joe Joe
Banned

Whoever said that everyone don't have credentials? However it is hard to have a laptop set-up in there posting messages on a Forum wouldn't you think MFFL? Hell I don't know but I think that would be rather hard to do, don't you think MFFL? I don't even have credentials for the locker room, very few people do man.
Old 02-22-2002, 02:54 AM   #16
MFFL
Guru

All I am saying is this. Don't claim airs for yourself and then assume that everyone else cannot be as well off. Remember - you never know.
Old 02-22-2002, 02:59 AM   #17
Joe Joe
Banned

How am I claiming airs for myself? All I am doing is stating facts, it is impossible to do what Murph is saying was done. It's that simple, any smart man can see that.

On another note, looks like Najera is going to be a father. This should let everyone know that I could provide some info to this board, seeing how I am saying this way ahead of time. Najera and his Wife are expecting a child, way to go Najera.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:34 AM   #18
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

sweet! more info, directly from our favorite source! way to go Joe Joe! great investigavtive reporting! maybe Joe Joe/RCF is Fish! whoa... i just blew my own mind with that one...

and murph, that is one of the funiest things i have read in a while. had me laughing at loud at work. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2002, 09:59 AM   #19
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Believe it or not, I thought it was funny too.... I wouldn't even sweat it Joe Joe, it was funny...

Also I did see that wristband by the way, didn't know what it was at first but I guess that makes sense.

As far as Hardaway goes, I can understand why he would upset. I don't think that's selfish of him at all. To go from a team that's second best in the Conference to a team that probably won't even make the playoffs. I would be pissed too.
Old 02-22-2002, 10:01 AM   #20
MFFL
Guru

I was being a little tongue-in-cheek on my Hardaway comment.
Old 02-22-2002, 10:07 AM   #21
MFFL
Guru

According to a more trustworthy scource - the Dallas Morning News, both Finley AND Manning put the numbers of their traded former teammates – Tim Hardaway, Donnell Harvey and Juwan Howard – on a wristband. JJ forgot to mention (or didn't know) that Harvey was on the wristband and that Manning had one too.
Old 02-22-2002, 10:31 AM   #22
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I guess the comment doesn't seem so bad when you go back and read it knowing there's a twinge of sarcasm in it.....
Old 02-22-2002, 10:32 AM   #23
jules88

jules88 is on a distinguished road

Joe Joe,
You are correct about Eduardo being a father. The baby is due in late July or early August. They are extremely excited and they find out if it is boy or a girl sometime this next week. Now as to how you have that info. I don't know, but you must be a credible source to know that, because I also know it is true. But I don't think they wanted to release the information just yet.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:38 AM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

hell, i even knew najera's wife was pregnant.
my best friend and her husband ran into najera in a certain store in the mall in frisco...what is it..stone briar? well, let's just say if it's a secret, it never was a well kept secrt

Old 02-22-2002, 02:20 PM   #25
Joe Joe
Banned

Yeah I bet you did Murpy3, you just dont get it. Just keep tooting your own horn man. Thanks Jules and sorry if I let the cat out of the bag. I just think 2 people having a kid is great, especially it being the 1st by Najera as far as I know. Congrats to the both of them, they will both be great Parents IMO.