Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 04-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #321
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny...

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...s-to-get-lost/
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #322
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You think that's funny?

Wow, Republicans are only making this worse for themselves. They are looking more and more like the kid who takes his ball and goes home.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #323
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I think it's funny. Why wouldn't I? Everyone discriminates in all sorts of ways, it's funny that it's become a political one also.

Unlike yourself I don't care if they dude does it, whereas you feel he should be forced to.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #324
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure that sign violates all kinds of professional ethics (if not civil rights law) for a physician to deny someone care because of how they voted.

Seriously, that sign should come down immediately if that fool doesn't want some attention from the State Review Board.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #325
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
I'm pretty sure that sign violates all kinds of professional ethics (if not civil rights law) for a physician to deny someone care because of how they voted.

Seriously, that sign should come down immediately if that fool doesn't want some attention from the State Review Board.
Might be...the way the guy is explaining it is that he will not deny anyone care who walks in the door, he's just discouraging them.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #326
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
You think that's funny?

Wow, Republicans are only making this worse for themselves. They are looking more and more like the kid who takes his ball and goes home.
Dude is NEVER funny. Really. I defy anyone to cite ONE post of actual levity. One.

When Dude "attempts" to be funny, it is never actually attempting to be funny... perhaps he means "ironic"? (which is never funny)

I honestly imagine Dude banging away at his computer in a windowless basement with a solitary bare lightbulb swaying over his head and that "angy Dirk" expression from his icon permanently stapled to his face. I also imagine that a REAL giggle (the type that would actually emerge from something that WAS ACTUALLY funny) would split him in half and tiny ewok-like creatures would jump out of his skin, an immediately burst into flame from coming into contact with oxygen.

perhaps I need to get more often also
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:11 PM   #327
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Might be...the way the guy is explaining it is that he will not deny anyone care who walks in the door, he's just discouraging them.
Can you link me to his site/blog? I'd like to identify him.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #328
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Can you link me to his site/blog? I'd like to identify him.
You'll have to follow the original link. I believe others are also on the case to try and Joe the Plumber him.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #329
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

You must spread some rep before giving it to Dude again...

That was hilarious!!! Nice find and excellent post...no doubt the other side will miss the humor and go whinning about it, but hey, it's the left, they never fail to meet expectations.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:52 AM   #330
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
Dude is NEVER funny. Really. I defy anyone to cite ONE post of actual levity. One.

When Dude "attempts" to be funny, it is never actually attempting to be funny... perhaps he means "ironic"? (which is never funny)

I honestly imagine Dude banging away at his computer in a windowless basement with a solitary bare lightbulb swaying over his head and that "angy Dirk" expression from his icon permanently stapled to his face. I also imagine that a REAL giggle (the type that would actually emerge from something that WAS ACTUALLY funny) would split him in half and tiny ewok-like creatures would jump out of his skin, an immediately burst into flame from coming into contact with oxygen.

In reading about Tibetan Buddhism, I came across the concept of the tulpa for the first time. A tulpa is essentially a living, breathing thought-form brought about through will power via magical practice. I like to think of dude as a tulpa created by Richard Mellon Scaife, the proto-fascist newspaper publisher, by accident, while nearly stroking out dropping a deuce.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #331
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post

This was a funny bit of projecting.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #332
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
In reading about Tibetan Buddhism, I came across the concept of the tulpa for the first time. A tulpa is essentially a living, breathing thought-form brought about through will power via magical practice. I like to think of dude as a tulpa created by Richard Mellon Scaife, the proto-fascist newspaper publisher, by accident, while nearly stroking out dropping a deuce.
that may even be a compliment...I usually take it so when fascist is put in the text, means something is probably being said correctly.

Quote:
Scaife owns and publishes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. With $1.2 billion, Scaife, a principal heir to the Mellon banking, oil, and aluminum fortune, is No. 283 on the 2005 Forbes 400.
Scaife is particularly well known for his financial support of conservative and right-wing public policy organizations over the past two decades. He has provided support for conservative and libertarian causes in the U.S., mostly through the private, nonprofit foundations he controls: the Sarah Scaife Foundation, Carthage Foundation, and Allegheny Foundation, and until 2001, the Scaife Family Foundation, now controlled by his daughter Jennie and son David.[1][2] Scaife also helped fund the Arkansas Project, which ultimately led to the impeachment proceedings of President Bill Clinton.

Cool...a successful newspaper probably.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #333
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #334
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
This was a funny bit of projecting.
see... HERE you mean "peculiar"
Old 04-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #335
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjsfW...eature=related
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #336
dude1394
Guru

4 million more americans and counting.
http://themoderatevoice.com/70212/u-...bama-promised/
Quote:
The bad news coincided with a Congressional Budget Office revised estimate that 4 million Americans will be penalized for not buying health insurance as mandated in the law beginning in 2014.. This section of the overhaul legislation is being challenged in court by 13 states.
The report, contained on the Health and Human Services website, adds:
In addition to flagging the cuts to hospitals, nursing homes and other providers as potentially unsustainable, it projected that reductions in payments to private Medicare Advantage plans would trigger an exodus from the popular program. Enrollment would plummet by about 50 percent, as the plans reduce extra benefits that they currently offer. Seniors leaving the private plans would still have health insurance under traditional Medicare, but many might face higher out-of-pocket costs.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #337
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Arizona 6,595,778 (2009 est.)
Great Bahama apologizes to China!!! for Arizonians. I must have missed the 3000 protesters that Arizona killed in 1989 or so??

Quote:
QUESTION: Was there any areas in which China sort of turned the tables and raised its own complaints or concerns about U.S. practices around the globe or at home? Can you give some examples there -
ASSISTANT SECRETARY POSNER: Sure. You know, I think - again, this goes back to Ambassador Huntsman's comment. Part of a mature relationship is that you have an open discussion where you not only raise the other guy's problems, but you raise your own, and you have a discussion about it. We did plenty of that. We had experts from the U.S. side, for example, yesterday, talking about treatment of Muslim Americans in an immigration context. We had a discussion of racial discrimination. We had a back-and-forth about how each of our societies are dealing with those sorts of questions. ...
QUESTION: Did the recently passed Arizona immigration law come up? And, if so, did they bring it up or did you bring it up?
ASSISTANT SECRETARY POSNER: We brought it up early and often. It was mentioned in the first session, and as a troubling trend in our society and an indication that we have to deal with issues of discrimination or potential discrimination, and that these are issues very much being debated in our own society.
What an embarrassing joke on this country.

Last edited by dude1394; 05-17-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #338
dude1394
Guru

One more student. This student does a wonderful job showing the joke that the 100million budget reduction pledge by Barry was. Warning, it's kinda depressing.

http://www.wimp.com/budgetcuts/
Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #339
dude1394
Guru

It cannot be..
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/05/2...-finally-ends/
Quote:
Bad news: Chris Matthews’s tingle finally ends

Share220
posted at 6:48 pm on May 27, 2010 by Allahpundit
printer-friendly

I heard about this earlier and dismissed it. But now that I’ve watched and seen the hurt in his eyes when he says “idiotic cerebral meritocracy,” I fear something’s died here that can never be rekindled. We’ve been tracking this romance practically since day one of Hot Air: The early flirtations in 2007 after The One declared his candidacy; the leg palpitations in 2008 when the campaign kicked into gear and love bloomed; the joyful consummation when he took office and began to govern; and now, as it must to all relationships, comes the disillusion. Or maybe the romantic analogy is inapt. Maybe … this would be better.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #340
dude1394
Guru

It is spreading....to the democrats. Maybe a tar baby eh?
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_684062.html

Quote:
Congressmen Jason Altmire and Tim Murphy have previous engagements. Sen. Bob Casey Jr. and Rep. Mike Doyle are out of town on anniversary trips with their wives. Allegheny County Executive Dan Onorato will be campaigning in Philadelphia.
When President Obama and Sen. Arlen Specter land at Pittsburgh International Airport today, Mayor Luke Ravenstahl will receive them by himself.
The rest of the region's top elected officials declined White House invitations to attend Obama's speech at Carnegie Mellon University this afternoon, their offices said.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #341
dude1394
Guru

It's come full circle. He finally has no one ass to kick but his own.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #342
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

The really painful aspect is he clearly doesn't understand exactly what all the fuss was about and is doing a Roy Rogers and Trigger thing, "What's 2 + 2 Trigger?"

You can be inexperienced. You can have poor judgement in advisors. Either one is fixable but not both at the same time. It's kinda like after the '04 elections when Hillary and some of her more left of center brethren started vocalizing how important their religion was to them. You could just picture all the P.R. flacks "Hey this religion crap is really going over great with the morons, we need to hunt this dog ourselves."

Not that any Party has a lock on such things. You'll see more than a couple of reformed RINOs before November. But what this expresses about his opinion of the intellect and ability of the unwashed masses to use critical reasoning buries the needle on condescending.

Unfortunately it appears that Bush Derangement Syndrome is not treatable and is terminal.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #343
dude1394
Guru

From Mark Steyn. Heh...

Quote:
As someone once said, “We are the ones we’ve been waiting for.” When you’ve spent that long waiting in line for yourself, it’s bound to be a disappointment.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #344
dude1394
Guru

Looks like next it will be all non public-sector employees.
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../06/026523.php

Quote:
Increasingly, the central conflict in American politics is between the cash-strapped private sector and lavishly compensated public employees. With government workers now out-earning those in the private sector by something like two to one, many taxpayers are saying "enough." But President Obama, with his usual tone-deafness, is pressing ahead with plans to widen the gap between the lush public sector and the hard-hit private sector even more:
President Obama urged reluctant lawmakers Saturday to quickly approve nearly $50 billion in emergency aid to state and local governments, saying the money is needed to avoid "massive layoffs of teachers, police and firefighters" and to support the still-fragile economic recovery.
In a letter to congressional leaders, Obama defended last year's huge economic stimulus package, saying it helped break the economy's free fall, but argued that more spending is urgent and unavoidable. "We must take these emergency measures," he wrote in an appeal aimed primarily at members of his own party.
The original "stimulus" bill was all about keeping state and local government spending, and the salaries it supports, sky-high. It doesn't appear that President Obama has a game plan to help the economy, other than continuing to feed the already-bloated public sector. This is consistent with his apparently complete ignorance of basic principles of economics. Democrats in Congress, however, can see the writing on the wall. It will be interesting to see whether they are willing to brave voter wrath by stimulating the public sector still further.

Last edited by dude1394; 06-13-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:43 AM   #345
dude1394
Guru

Ruh roh...The true believers are turning on the naked emperor.

Quote:
Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann and Howard Fineman react to President Obama's Oval Office Address on the oil spill. Here are the highlights of what the trio said:

Olbermann: "It was a great speech if you were on another planet for the last 57 days."

Matthews compared Obama to Carter.

Olbermann: "Nothing specific at all was said."

Matthews: "No direction."

Howard Fineman: "He wasn't specific enough."

Olbermann: "I don't think he aimed low, I don't think he aimed at all. It's startling."

Howard Fineman: Obama should be acting like a "commander-in-chief."

Matthews: Ludicrous that he keeps saying [Secretary of Energy] Chu has a Nobel prize. "I'll barf if he does it one more time."

Matthews: "A lot of meritocracy, a lot of blue ribbon talk."

Matthews: "I don't sense executive command."
Old 06-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #346
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Matthews compared Obama to Carter.
That's exactly who I compared him to shortly after he got elected (back when folks around here severely overrated him by comparing him to the Antichrist...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-16-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #347
dude1394
Guru

There's one group that barry will never lose that's for sure. The rest are obviously racist. :0

Quote:
* 44 percent of Hispanics said they would be less likely to vote for someone President Obama endorses, while only 33 percent were more likely. Among whites, the comparison was 55 percent to 27 percent. Blacks, however, were another story, with only 13 percent viewing an Obama endorsement dimly and 70 percent saying it would make them more likely to vote for someone. And 83 percent of blacks said they approved of Obama's handling of the Gulf oil disaster.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #348
dude1394
Guru

Oh looks like about....er..lessee....about 10million more.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #349
dude1394
Guru

Rep. Peter Hoekstra .. gets the "chicago" treatment. This president is about as classless as they come. Much like he did to the Supreme Court when they were just showing respect for the office. At this rate, no one will..

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/...stra-on-c.html
Quote:
Obama criticizes Hoekstra on congressman's home turf

By Anne E. Kornblut
HOLLAND, Mich. -- President Obama took a shot at Rep. Pete Hoekstra during an event here Thursday, subtly taunting the Michigan Republican - who was seated in the front row - as among those who opposed the federal stimulus package but showed up at a groundbreaking ceremony funded by it.
Obama welcomed Hoekstra during his opening remarks. At the same moment, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs sent a note to reporters pointing out Hoekstra as a "great quote opportunity!" in the audience. Hoekstra, who is running for Michigan governor, has been a vocal critic of the stimulus package.

"There are some folks who want to go back - who think we should return to the policies that helped to lead to this recession," Obama said later in his comments honoring a new advanced battery factory being built by the company LG Chem. "Some made the political calculation that it's better to obstruct than lend a hand. They said no to the tax cuts, they said no to small business loans, they said no to clean energy projects. It doesn't stop them from coming to ribbon cuttings -- but that's OK. "

Hoekstra, interviewed afterward, called Obama's remarks "unpresidential."
"It demeans the office of the president. It's disappointing. It is unpresidential," Hoekstra said. "This is my home district. These people are paying the taxes that he's handing out today. I'm here to respect the office of the president, and I don't think he reciprocated."

He said he would have preferred to spend the money on lower taxes rather than subsidies for new factories.
This is about right...

http://theblogprof.blogspot.com/2010...-hoekstra.html

Quote:
It was a coordinated ambush by a classless regime. The worst thing about this episode, another in a string of unpresidential Chicago thuggish chapters for this president, is that we are coming to expect this from him. As if it were all of the sudden normal and commonplace. It's not normal. Except for Obama.

Last edited by dude1394; 07-23-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:16 PM   #350
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Rep. Peter Hoekstra .. gets the "chicago" treatment. This president is about as classless as they come. Much like he did to the Supreme Court when they were just showing respect for the office. At this rate, no one will..

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/...stra-on-c.html
This is about right...

http://theblogprof.blogspot.com/2010...-hoekstra.html
The sad thing is it probably works in Michigan. When your biggest export is educated youth for 3 decades, what's left is easily herded using "Tax Breaks for the Rich", "Offshoring Jobs" and "[Insert simplistic one dimensional greedy, bigoted label of whatever is the current target of their scapegoat for failure of the Great Society programs]".

It's utterly amazing the State had a very well respected pair of Big Ten Universities, a low cost of living and bountiful natural resources including the Great Lakes to cheaply move goods internationally, but still completely sat out the Tech Boom.

There are no Henry Fords left there, just people who expect to be rescued and writing bad checks on their Grandpa's accomplishments account.

Worse of all, it's a story with examples of the result of the current national policies being hammered through by DC. While the rest of the State saw it's population vanish when small businesses and light manufacturing fled a high cost of doing business, labor had an iron grip on the State legislature, determined to hang on to a shrinking pool of high paying jobs no matter what.

I have a difficult time understanding how people watching the once unthinkable event of GM imploding with the burden of legacy benefits a major component as the ratio of workers to retirees flipped still believe the government can't do the same.

Indeed, you can find many Michiganders firmly convinced that if we only had socialization of medical care for the last 30 years, the Big Three would have had a more level field.

Michigan will continue to vote Blue as it slides into the role of Mississippi for the 21st century proving that God cannot create a club big enough to beat sense into some people.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #351
dude1394
Guru

I think we know which side of the ledger this guy is. Supposedly he was getting thumbs up and applause from most of the crowd in Houston!! Heh

Old 07-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #352
dude1394
Guru

The Kohler Folks have come out with a new model as well. Heh..

Old 08-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #353
dude1394
Guru

Heh...

Quote:
AUSTIN -- When President Barack Obama visits Texas on Aug. 9, the state's top-tier Democratic candidate, gubernatorial nominee Bill White, will likely be miles away, reaching out to voters in Johnson County near Fort Worth.
Another Democratic hopeful for statewide office, Austin attorney Hector Uribe, says he'll be focused on his bid to unseat Republican Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson. Barbara Radnofsky, the Democrats' nominee for attorney general, says she too will be preoccupied with campaigning and has no plans to attend an Obama event.
In red-state Texas, many Democratic office-seekers don't seem inclined to cozy up to Obama when he makes his third presidential visit to the state -- and some, in fact, may feel more comfortable moving away from him.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:06 AM   #354
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:

That's hilarious. Dude, I'll miss your posts when in 2012 a Republican warmongerer will get back into power and you'll defend every stupid thing he does, just like under Bush.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #355
mcsluggo
Golden Member

Quote:

this one is actually really funny
Old 08-26-2010, 01:11 AM   #356
dude1394
Guru

Jim Cramer...

Quote:
I was sent this with the heading, “Will Jim Cramer’s body be found in an alley?”
You almost have to wonder.
…if you are an owner of stock, any stock, if you are using the stock market for retirement or for savings to put your kid through school or to augment your paycheck, I think you are now beginning to see the silver lining of the miserable economic news: change in Washington. In fact, every time we see a downtick in the popular polls for the administration or Congress the large stockholders I know secretly cheer. They can’t cheer out loud without looking like Scrooge. Or they fear the wrath of Obama, which, on Wall Street, by the way, feels like the wrath of Nixon. It is, however, how many of them privately feel.
You know it. I know it. It is just that nobody wants to say it. Nobody wants to even believe it, as it so downright cynical. And, of course, nobody wants to criticize this president other than the people who are paid to criticize — the Republicans in Congress and various news entities that cater to the right. You take your public life in your hands the moment you do.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #357
dude1394
Guru

Heh..
http://pajamasmedia.com/eddriscoll/2...ear-your-eyes/
"I’m just not sure what got into the water supply at corporate HQ this year, though. To tie it in with another post earlier this week on journalists, Rush noted that they seem to be writing for themselves these days, not for any sort of audience — they’ve written them off by spending the last two years describing three-quarters of America as racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, etc. (As I joked to my wife yesterday, do I want to watch MSNBC tonight and be called a racist, or CNN and be dubbed an Islamophobe….?)"
Old 08-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #358
dude1394
Guru

the military now...it was inevitable..

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/bl...ry/contentions
Quote:
He simply doesn’t want to do the things that are expected of the commander in chief, and the military’s ire is profound:
The schisms among his team, though, are born in part out of uncertainty about his true commitment. His reticence to talk much publicly about the wars may owe to the political costs of alienating his base as well as the demands of other issues. Senior Pentagon and military officials said they understood that he presided over a troubled economy, but noted that he was not losing 30 American soldiers a month on Wall Street. …
“From an image point of view, he doesn’t seem to embrace it, almost like you have to drag him into doing it,” said Peter D. Feaver, a Bush adviser with military contacts. “There’s deep uncertainty and perhaps doubt in the military about his commitment to see the wars through to a successful conclusion.”

Last edited by dude1394; 08-29-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:44 AM   #359
dude1394
Guru

New YORK!!! Say it ain't so...I thought only those flyover counties were the racist, bigoted rubes. Who woulda' thought?

Quote:
If you buy into the left punditocracy’s framing of the Ground Zero issue, there are a ton of Islamophobes in New York:
Seven in ten New Yorkers say the proposed mosque/Islamic community center near Ground Zero should be relocated because of opposition from 9/11 families — and an equal number want state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo to probe the group’s finances, a new statewide poll released today found.
“Overwhelmingly — across party and regional lines — New Yorkers say the sponsors ought to voluntarily move the proposed mosque to another location,” said Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #360
dude1394
Guru

And now...the left....
It would be funny if he wasn't so tragically incompetent.

Quote:
With the recovery faltering less than two months before the November congressional elections, President Obama's economic team is considering another big dose of stimulus in the form of tax breaks for businesses …

Tags
best policy: ignore, circlejerk of 1, dude masturbation, dude set on autopilot, dude talking to himself, dude the buttplumber, fluffy banter warning, ironical, mavie questions mavie