Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-02-2003, 10:21 PM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default Troy or Emmitt?

here are the rushing totals for each so far this season.

TROY
3 games 61 carries 240 yards 3.9 avg 1 TD
EMMITT
4 games 59 carries 193 yards 3.3 avg 1 TD

taking these stats into consideration, and the fact Emmitt usually shows up for big games,
which do you think will have more yards, or a better game this Sunday?
Old 10-02-2003, 10:47 PM   #2
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all
Default Troy or Emmitt?

Hambrick will have the bigger game. Don't get me wrong, Emmit is and will always be the best as far as I am concerned but without an O line no one can put up great #s.

Emmit'll be fired up but the cards won't be able to push back the Dallas D on the front.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:15 PM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Troy or Emmitt?

Hmmm, I hope Emmitt has the better game. I think I'll be rooting for the Cardinals, just for the hell of it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 11:25 PM   #4
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Troy or Emmitt?

I'm going w/Troy, but I'm going to say that neither of them are going to have great games. As much as I loved Emmitt when he was here, it's just like Derian Hatcher coming back w/the Wings now. He's the enemy. And the Cowboys are going to be just as fired up about playing against him as he is against them.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:55 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Troy or Emmitt?

I'll vote for Troy, although I still think that Emmitt would perform better given identical circumstances.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:01 AM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Troy or Emmitt?

I'm Emmitt's biggest fan and even I say that he's washed up. He just doesn't have the quickness to hit the hole anymore.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 12:19 AM   #7
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Troy or Emmitt?

Emmitt, out of sheer stubbornness on my part.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 07:36 AM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Troy or Emmitt?

I can't vote against Emmitt. I just can't.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 11:52 AM   #9
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road
Default Troy or Emmitt?

I think Emmitt will rack more yards than Troy, but the Cowboys will win this game.

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 12:56 PM   #10
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Troy or Emmitt?

Emmitt shines in big games. But, I think the defense will be really motivated to stop Emmitt and I think the offensive line will likewise be motivated to do well. It is a tough call, but I pick the "Hammer"
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 05:21 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Troy or Emmitt?

Put another vote for Troy.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 09:50 PM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Emmitt all the way baby. But the boys win.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:56 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Troy or Emmitt?

Emmitt fan for life. He won't rack up too many yards however. Did anyone know that we only allow 75 yards in the running game against Barber, Martin, Dunn/Duckett? Emmitt shows up for the big ones but I don't think he has anymore showing up to do. I wish him the best though. He's one of my favorite players of all time and i'd never wish him any negativity regardless to what team he plays for. I'd hope Hambrick would have the better game though. Also take inconsideration that Emmitt gets his best offensive lineman this week back. Forgot the guys name but he has been hurt this season and returns this Sunday.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 10:09 PM   #14
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Troy or Emmitt?

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Emmitt gets his best offensive lineman this week back. Forgot the guys name but he has been hurt this season and returns this Sunday.

Leonard Davis
Old 10-03-2003, 11:38 PM   #15
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

i played against Davis in HS, and he was a F'n manchild. Let's hope he doesn't play this week
Old 10-03-2003, 11:42 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Troy or Emmitt?

If this is his first game back, how close to game ready condition can he be? He should be rusty, but is a stud. Even rusty he will likely be a force to be reckoned with.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 12:30 AM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Troy or Emmitt?

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Emmitt gets his best offensive lineman this week back. Forgot the guys name but he has been hurt this season and returns this Sunday.

Leonard Davis

That him.

I want to bash this defensive line so bad but they are obviously doing something right when it comes to opposing temas rushing on us so I give them props for that. Not to jinx the boys or sound negative but i'm just waiting for that game get our asses whooped. That game is going to come.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote