Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-04-2007, 12:02 AM   #161
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

What an awesome backhand move to win it by Hagman. Love that dude. Here's the link to the highlights if you haven't seen it: http://stars.nhl.tv/team/console?hlg=20072008,2,388 Greatness!

Nice road trip. Come on home, boys.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #162
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

man, leclaire was bad ass! Great shoot out victory and our penalty kill is dominating right now. Love ralphie hagman
Old 12-05-2007, 03:53 AM   #163
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Man, Dallas really has put it together after a rough start.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #164
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Boucher to the IR with shoulder surgery, will reevaluate in a month. Bummer. Well at least Norstrom is ready to go. Back to 6 D, Junior Lessard has been recalled...Heika's blog says he will get a shot at the Ribeiro line. I kind of think he's running out of chances.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #165
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well I guess that answers the "who's out on D" question.

Damnit. I wanted Daley sent down so badly. I promise you Daley will make a mistake with that setogucci guy on the ice tonight and it will end up in the back of the net.

Still, I can't wait to get back to the AAC on Friday. I've never seen the Senators before, somehow.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #166
ames7
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Still, I can't wait to get back to the AAC on Friday. I've never seen the Senators before, somehow.
Well they don't come very often, thank you NHL schedule. I really like the Sens, they've been my second favorite team for some time now. I've been to two Bruins games & both times it was against the Sens & both times the Sens have won & I've been the only person to leave the arena happy.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #167
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Grossman has a plus 8, and Modano is the worst with a -9, largely because he kills penalties, and the beginning of the year he sucked. Oh and crosby torched his ass twice the other night.
Goals allowed shorthanded don't count toward the +/- stat.

Also, Daley can't be sent down, he would have to clear waivers and would be claimed immediately.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #168
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, Daley can't be sent down, he would have to clear waivers and would be claimed immediately.
There's no part of that sentence I didn't like.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:12 PM   #169
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I can't tell if the officiating worse in the Stars game tonight, or the Mavs game.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:42 PM   #170
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

2 goals....Need 3. I say it all the time, every day.

Score 3. Win the game.

Score 3. Win the game.

I hate Joe Thornton so freaking much. He is their entire team. They have absolutely nothing without him.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #171
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

And there's the game winner

Thornton.

Thornton

Thornton

Mother effing thornton.

It's not fair for a team to be so one dimensional and win.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:26 PM   #172
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

but he would look good in a stars sweater would he not?
Old 12-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #173
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I just got back.

We played harder than they did, however they have more talent in their collective pinky fingers than we have in our entire loser bodies.

We played our backup goaltender against the best team in the league. (why?)

The refs could've been a little more aware of the fact that they were awake and officiating a hockey game.

Lessard, Conner, Lundqvist, Winchester.....that's right high flying, high scoring eastern conference team....be afraid. very afraid.

s-u-c-k
Old 12-08-2007, 06:44 PM   #174
wesbrynt

Brad Winchester is a waste on this team. We already have too many players that are similar to him. Also don't expect too much from lessard too soon It is hard to come up and produce when you don't have great offensive players around you.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:28 PM   #175
ames7
Diamond Member

Lessard = back to Iowa. To me, that'll just about do it for him. The dude is 27. That's the same age as Ribeiro. If you can't stick now, you pretty much lose your 'prospect' status. I agree on Winchester...I watched the Columbus game on Versus, he had no business being on the line w/Ribs & Morrow. I don't know why we don't put Hagman back up there, he did great there at the beginning of the year.

Couple of notes today: TSN has picked up the Marty Turco/Marty St Louis trade rumor.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline...10439&hubname=
They both have NTCs. Now that we've finally see Marty do something in the post-season, I don't know that it's a great idea to move him. I mean, I like Smith, but you want to talk about what's even less of a sure thing in the playoffs than Marty, it's Smith. I do like Marty St Louis, although of the big 3 in Tampa, I probably like him the least. Also, I didn't know this, but he's 32, makes even more than Marty & is in the middle of a 6-year contract. Yikes.

Also, check out this greatness...the Niskymobile:
http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/appi...pic.php?t=7848
Old 12-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #176
wesbrynt

I would say no to st. louis for turco. Is st. louis as good with no richards or lecavlier to score for him and take off preasure.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:10 AM   #177
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well that was nuts. 5 goals in the first 9 minutes, and then things settled down....sort of.

The overtime was crazy, but Morrow got it in the end. It was fun to be there for that.

I really don't know what to pin this one on. Turco was helpless on the first edmonton goal, a sweet pass across the slot. He was not at fault for the puck bouncing crazily up in the air and coming of Robi's face....

It was just a free wheeling kind of game. I thought the officiating was much better tonight, but that should've been a hold or interference on that modano play that led to the 3rd or 4th edmonton goal.

Suck it, Oil.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #178
ames7
Diamond Member

I forgot how much I enjoy beating Edmonton.

BTW, both Les Jackson & the Bolts have shot down the St Louis/Turco rumors. (Actually, what John Tortorella of the Lightning called it was “absolute s**t”. Tell us what you really think, John.) It never would have worked anyway.

PS: Check out this feature on the O site on Matt Niskanen's new tricked-up car.
http://stars.nhl.com/team/app/?servi...ticleid=346239
Love it. I don't think anyone expect this out of him this year. Zubov said it feels like he's been in the league for 10 years. And he's only 21.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #179
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Good win tonight. Some chippy play in the 2nd period was fun. Stars didn't look great in the 3rd, but the Kings were tired and Marty was great tonight.

HUUUUUGE game on saturday afternoon next.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #180
wesbrynt

What happened to antti mietinen? he is playing out of his mind right now. He acutually resembles a real hockey player complete with goal scoring shot and super assist pass ability!!! Hopefully he can keep it up because hagman has cooled off since his great start and we could use another scorer. Also sergei zubov is amazing to watch.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-14-2007 at 05:05 PM.
wesbrynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:50 PM   #181
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

Stars become the 3rd team to hit the 40 point mark.

The usual suspects with the goals. Oh, and Ott.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:14 PM   #182
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Looking a little slow tonight.

The Oilers are skating really well. I think they have one of the only true "home ice advantages" in the league. At least it feels that way tonight. Statistically they're not very good anywhere.

1-1 after one. But they're back on their heels after that lousy end of the period.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:12 AM   #183
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

W00t! Turco teaches them a thing or two about hockey in the shootout.

2-0 on the road trip.

Hell yeah.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:15 AM   #184
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

nice dallas

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:29 AM   #185
ames7
Diamond Member

LOL. After all these years, it's still so much fun to beat Edmonton. You know it kills them that they were 10-1 in shootouts, but still can't beat us.

Zubov is such greatness. Get that man a Norris.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:57 AM   #186
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It's depressing to look at the standings. I've been thinking "we've been playing so well lately" and yet still there's about a 9 point difference between 2nd and 8th.

If you have a bad week and give away a few OTL points along the way, you can go from 2nd to 7th or 8th in a BIG hurry.

Gotta keep it up Dallas. This league is so mediocre, things can change in a hurry.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:08 PM   #187
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilMavvento
11-11-2007, 11:12 AM

I was fairly optimistic heading into the season but I've seen enough now to pronounce this team dead.
What a difference a month makes.

Last edited by MFFL; 12-19-2007 at 03:09 PM.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #188
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
What a difference a month makes.
Kinda like the Mavericks, but it only took 2 weeks lol

Contact Me
Old 12-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #189
alby
Guru

5 (10) Stars 19-11-4 Four straight wins ,,, and Marty Turco is red-hot. The goalie is 6-2-0 with a 2.10 goals-against average and .910 save percentage in his last eight games. Plus, they have Willa Ford, not Jessica Simpson, on their side.

Contact Me
Old 12-20-2007, 12:42 AM   #190
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The Mavericks have won 6 of 7.

The Stars have won like 6 of 8.

One is impressive to me, one is not. The Mavericks set the bar too high last year...but it seems easier for a basketball team to have a 12 game winning streak. That's playing "great" basketball.

Playing great hockey is...winning 6 of 8. Unless you're the red wings....I hate those guys. Why is the NHL so much harder to dominate than the NBA?

I guess goal tending and the shootout are the great equalizers. That's why hockey playoffs are more exciting, more upsets, but in the NBA, the better team always wins.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:13 PM   #191
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

My god marty sucks
Old 12-20-2007, 11:26 PM   #192
alby
Guru

playoff preview?

Contact Me
Old 12-20-2007, 11:56 PM   #193
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I can only assume that the Stars play this way in front of Marty, because they hate his guts. I can't imagine why else they would hang him out to dry like that.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:28 AM   #194
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Talk about a team in need of a swift quick in the ass.

No desire, and no heart in that game, at all. Pitiful.

They played small, and dainty, and stupid. You know...like women.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:53 AM   #195
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Flacolaco.... king of the overreaction.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:02 AM   #196
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I hope Barch never plays in this league agian. He cost this team big time tonight. The power play was awful, the goaltending was less than stellar. The puck play in their own end was terrible.

And Trevor Daley, joining the rush: Since when has this ever, EVER initiated a scoring play? The risk/reward is not working. Trevor Daley is completely useless. All of the Stars D-men who join the rush aside from Zubov are useless.

Terrible loss.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #197
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

flaco = 82-0 or bust....
Old 12-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #198
alby
Guru

after just talking about how going 6-2 is a great accomplishment in the NHL =p

Contact Me
Old 12-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #199
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Anyone see the game last night? I couldn't watch. Sounds like Smitty had a strong 3rd period.

3-1 on the road trip. They continue to do pretty well. I still say that Vancouver game was extremely winnable.

My Dad and I are going to see the Coyotes and Canucks tonight (we're in phoenix for christmas)
Old 12-22-2007, 11:54 AM   #200
wesbrynt

we seem to suck against vancouver. Was mini-kippersoff at the game last night? Because I love that guy