Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
dang...I was hoping to quote something like "ball bearings, boys...it's all ball bearings these days" as an extra hint.
Well, at least you've confirmed that it's the FIRST Fletch movie with that extra quote...

Still unanswered: "Every shadow no matter how deep is threatened by morning light."

Hint #1: "I'm sorry father, for you there is only death. But our destiny is life!"
Hint #2: "Death is a disease, it's like any other. And there's a cure. A cure - and I will find it."
Hint #3: Rachel Weisz speaks the initial quote...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2008, 01:22 PM   #82
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

the fountain.

"try not to suck any ---- on the way to the parking lot."

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-08-2008 at 01:24 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #83
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"try not to suck any dick on the way to the parking lot."
lol - Clerks

"The time has come for someone to put his foot down. And that foot is me."

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #84
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Animal House?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #85
alexamenos
Diamond Member

"me so horny. i love you long time."
Old 04-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #86
Underdog

Quote:
"me so horny. i love you long time."
Full Metal Jacket (or 2 Live Crew - you decide!)

"People think it's all about misery and desperation and death and all that sh*t which is not to be ignored, but what they forget is the pleasure of it. Otherwise we wouldn't do it. After all, we're not f*cking stupid. At least, we're not that f*cking stupid. "

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:32 PM   #87
alexamenos
Diamond Member

i can't say that quote in my head without doing it to the beat of 2 Live Crew.

I have no clue, but yours is a nice quote.

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-08-2008 at 01:32 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #88
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Trainspotting

- " Are you going to shoot me?"
- "That depends. Do you see me?"
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #89
alexamenos
Diamond Member

another No Country quote, no?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #90
Underdog

Quote:
another No Country quote, no?
yep - your turn...

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #91
alexamenos
Diamond Member

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads on our tanks."
Old 04-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #92
Underdog

Quote:
"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads on our tanks."
...and we're going to go through them like crap through a goose!

Patton (that speech was awesome!)

"When the rabbit of chaos is pursued by the ferret of disorder through the fields of anarchy, it is time to hang your pants on the hook of darkness. Whether they're clean or not. "

[you guys are going to hate me when I reveal the answer to this one - this movie SUCKS...]

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #93
alexamenos
Diamond Member

clueless....

"Bob had bitch tits."

line from a great movie.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #94
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."
I like that quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #95
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Quote:
clueless....

"Bob had bitch tits."

line from a great movie.

FIGHT CLUB
Old 04-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #96
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211
FIGHT CLUB
great movie and very quotable.....

"Marla Singer does not have testicular cancer...."
"F**k Martha Stewart..."
"We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need."

hmmmm...

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."
Old 04-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #97
Underdog

Quote:
great movie and very quotable.....

"Marla Singer does not have testicular cancer...."
"F**k Martha Stewart..."
"We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need."

hmmmm...

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."
Lifted this from IMDb:

[[[The original "pillow talk" scene had Marla saying "I want to have your abortion". When this was objected, it was exchanged for what we see now: "I haven't been f*cked like that since grade school". When those who had protested saw this they were even more outraged and wanted the original line back. But by then it was too late.]]]

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #98
Underdog

Still unanswered: ""When the rabbit of chaos is pursued by the ferret of disorder through the fields of anarchy, it is time to hang your pants on the hook of darkness. Whether they're clean or not. ""

Hint #1: "Emma, Victoria, Melvin C., Melvin B., Geri. You've been charged with releasing a single that is by no means as kicking as your previous records. Nor does it have such a dirty phat bass line. You are sentenced to having your next record enter the charts at 179 and having it fall completely out the following week."

Hint #2: Your sexuality might be in question if you can figure out what movie this is from...

(I bet Hint #2 keeps most of you from answering, even though Hint #1 pretty much gives the answer away...)

Old 04-08-2008, 03:36 PM   #99
alexamenos
Diamond Member

still clueless.....

"please, no more yankie my wankie."
Old 04-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #100
Underdog

Quote:
"please, no more yankie my wankie."
Sixteen Candles

Still unanswered: ""When the rabbit of chaos is pursued by the ferret of disorder through the fields of anarchy, it is time to hang your pants on the hook of darkness. Whether they're clean or not. ""

Hint #1: "Emma, Victoria, Melvin C., Melvin B., Geri. You've been charged with releasing a single that is by no means as kicking as your previous records. Nor does it have such a dirty phat bass line. You are sentenced to having your next record enter the charts at 179 and having it fall completely out the following week."

Hint #2: Your sexuality might be in question if you can figure out what movie this is from...

Hint #3: About a sh!tty UK female pop act from the 90s who recently reunited (don't ask how I know that - I might come across as being guilty of Hint #2...)

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #101
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Sixteen Candles
you're so gay for knowing that.

btw....

"Do you know how I know you're Gay?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog

Hint #3: About a sh!tty UK female pop act from the 90s who recently reunited (don't ask how I know that - I might come across as being guilty of Hint #2...)
i'll tell you what you want,
what you really really want....
Old 04-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #102
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

For the sake of ending the exchange. is it Spice Girls: The Movie?
Old 04-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #103
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

dammit sike
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #104
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
"Do you know how I know you're Gay?"
40 Year Old Virgin

"Pete, it's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart."
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #105
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
O Brother, Where Art Thou?

(lots of Coen Brothers love around here - we've also had No Country for Old Men, Big Lebowski & Raising Arizona...)

"I think I could turn and live with animals. They are so placid and self-contained. They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins. They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God. Not one of them kneels to another or to his own kind that lived thousands of years ago. Not one of them is respectable or unhappy, all over the earth. "

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #106
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
40 Year Old Virgin

oh brother.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #107
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

The Wicker Man ( the one that sucks)

"Every night there is a show with somebody shining a little blue light and finding tiny specks of blood splattered on carpets and walls and ceiling fans, bathroom fixtures and special-edition plastic Burger King tray cups. The next thing they show is some stupid redneck in handcuffs who looks absolutely stunned that this is happening to him. Sometimes the redneck is actually WATCHING the Discovery Channel when they break in to arrest him. And he still can't figure out how on earth they could've caught him!"

So funny

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 04-08-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #108
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
The Wicker Man ( the one that sucks)

The new one sucks - that line is from the old one...

The original Wicker Man is a brilliant movie for so many reasons, but mainly because the moral of the story was put upon the viewer:

-If the viewer is a Christian, then their belief system won out in the end because the fate of the Christian reflects a victory according to Christian beliefs...
-If the viewer is a Pagan, then their belief system won out in the end because the fate of the Pagans reflects a victory according to Pagan beliefs...
-If the viewer is an Atheist, then their belief system won out in the end because both the Christian and the Pagans were divided due to having irrational belief systems (thus weakening humanity as a whole), which reflects a victory according to Atheist beliefs...

The crappy Nick Cage remake was about some lesbian cult with bees that had a little girl running around the island so the "same ending" could happen for no good reason at all - the original tackled complicated spiritual issues in a fairly objective manner (depending on your point of view - the other side of a belief always comes across as offensive, depending on which side you believe in)... The movie was brilliant in supporting one belief system while simultaneously attacking another - the idea was to shock the viewer into questioning their perceived beliefs while reinforcing them at the same time...

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #109
Underdog

Quote:
"Every night there is a show with somebody shining a little blue light and finding tiny specks of blood splattered on carpets and walls and ceiling fans, bathroom fixtures and special-edition plastic Burger King tray cups. The next thing they show is some stupid redneck in handcuffs who looks absolutely stunned that this is happening to him. Sometimes the redneck is actually WATCHING the Discovery Channel when they break in to arrest him. And he still can't figure out how on earth they could've caught him!"
Crash

"Finally there would be a thingamajig that would bring everyone together, even if it kept them apart spatially."

Old 04-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #110
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

How do you guys know that many movie quotes without looking them up? I mean it's hard enough to take the quote the questioner gives and remember what movie it came from but you have all those movie quotes in your head? Or is it okay to look up movie quotes on google for questions just not to answer?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #111
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
How do you guys know that many movie quotes without looking them up? I mean it's hard enough to take the quote the questioner gives and remember what movie it came from but you have all those movie quotes in your head? Or is it okay to look up movie quotes on google for questions just not to answer?
I worked at a video store for several years back in college - I'm a tome of useless movie knowledge (I know - it's kind of sad...)

Old 04-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #112
alexamenos
Diamond Member

i know the quote i'm looking for, but I usually look it up to make sure I get it just right.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #113
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
correct. sorry i didn't make that clear. i just meant for answers.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:58 PM   #114
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

He didn't post this one as a question, but the quote in Shaggy's sig is from the first Karate Kidd, and it is indeed the most over the top line ever.

How bout this one: "But captain, to obey, just like that, for obedience's sake, without questioning... that's something only people like you do."

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-08-2008 at 05:59 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #115
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

I wish I had the shot of the dude saying it in my sig. it's priceless.

edit: check my sig and it's not rick roll.

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 04-08-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #116
Underdog

Quote:
correct. sorry i didn't make that clear. i just meant for answers.
Oh yeah - I've been checking IMDb for clarity when I post movie quotes, just not when I guess other peoples' quote (what fun is it to play a game if you're going to cheat? there's no prize to be won other than the self-satisfaction of knowing you're right...)

Last edited by Underdog; 04-08-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #117
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
"But captain, to obey, just like that, for obedience's sake, without questioning... that's something only people like you do."
Pan's Labyrinth

Still unanswered: "Finally there would be a thingamajig that would bring everyone together, even if it kept them apart spatially."

Old 04-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #118
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ProdigyDub, you can even hear the dude yelling "YEAH!!"!, right as Ralph smacks him in the face with the kick of all kicks.

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 04-08-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #119
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ProdigyDub, you can even hear the dude yelling "YEAH!!"!, right as Ralph smacks him in the face with the kick of all kicks.
Ya, I love that too.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #120
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

I think the 19 hour rule applie, Underdog. I have no clue.