Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 12-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Planned Parenthood versus Pregnancy Resource Center

Here are the numbers:

Tax dollars given to each:

Planned Parenthood = $300,000,000
Pregnancy Resource Center = $-0-

Now here's is the fundamental difference in the two organizations.

Planned Parenthood advocates abortion as it's first choice. Often times skirting around the respective state laws to convince the individual to have an abortion.

Pregnancy Resource Center actually counsels the individual, providing support and information that will protect the mother and the child to be. Then PRC goes on to educate the mother and assist her with making better choices as she goes through a challenging time in her life.

As a referece, recently there was a report of a PP in Indiana who was secretly video taped by an undercover college student, posing as a pregnate 14 year old girl. She claimed that the father was 31 years of age. Now the PP counselor, stated that she didn't want to hear the ages or she would have to report it...after she had heard the age. Because the state is a Parental Consent state, she went on to tell the girl how she could go across state lines to have an abortion without ever having to tell her parents.

Now because this was a college student posing, there was no law broken and thus no charges are brought up against this counsleor from PP.

However, this points out the overwhelming perspective of Planned Parenthood...and to think, they are getting paid $300,000,000 to operate by the U.S. Government.

I thought they were privately funded, similar to PRC...but finding out that our tax dollars goes to this is insane!!!

Look I don't want my tax dollars going to PRC, which I support privately, but I dang sure don't want my tax dollars going to Planned Parenthood.

I am 100% Pro-Life and that is my CHOICE. But when my tax dollars are going to an organization that is killing babies then I am having my choice removed from me.

Obviously there is a fundamental flaw in this system and we need to work together to have our elected officials change how they fund such organizations...preferably removing all government funding of such organizations!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #2
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Dr. Paul on the issue of forcing people to pay for something they find morally wrong:
Quote:
Restricting Freedoms and Choices

As the financial sector continues its tailspin despite efforts to bail out Wall Street, among the few gainers in recent stock trading have been those companies looking for a new “shot in the arm” with government funding from the next administration.

With its strident rhetoric toward reestablishing the so called “pro-choice” agenda, the incoming administration has threatened a whole host of policies that would not only reduce restrictions on abortion, but would actually force people who wish to avoid participating in the procedure to support it.

As a physician who has delivered over 4,000 babies I am very disturbed by the continued efforts of those on the left to establish absolute rights to abortion. However, even more distressing is the notion that taxpayers should be forced to subsidize life-ending procedures such as abortion and embryonic stem cell research.

In addition to the news that those who will benefit from federally-funded stem cell research have seen an uptick in their financial position as a result of the election, comes news from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops that many health care facilities under the auspices of the Roman Catholic Church may be shut down as a result of the so-called “Freedom of Choice Act” for refusal to perform abortions.

Not only does this Act seem to have growing support in Congress, the President-elect and his Administration have indicated support for this legislation. Since many people cast their votes in a way that they believed would help to improve and increase availability of health care, this is an ironic twist.

Of course, the government takeover of health care began a long time ago, but we should be wary of how far that takeover will go if more private providers are forced out of the marketplace. If enacted, The Freedom of Choice Act and the potential for increased federal funding of embryonic stem cell research will go to show that the incoming Congress and Administration are far more dedicated to a government takeover than they are to affordable and available health care. Moreover, these approaches show no real concern at all for the free choices of taxpayers and health care providers who wish to be free from giving assistance to immoral activities.

These facts should also serve to remind social conservatives that they are better to leave the legislative remedies for important social issues at the level where they constitutionally belong, namely at the discretion of state and local officials. The centralization of power that seemed so attractive to many conservatives just a few years ago no longer seems pleasant at all in light of a more liberal-minded majority in both Houses of Congress and the White House.

This should be a good lesson for future conservative majorities, namely that the centralization of power never results in anything more than the most temporary of “gains” for those who are committed to traditional moral principles, and the power one administration consolidates for itself must inevitably be handed over to the next administration, which will use that increased power for its own agenda.
http://www.house.gov/htbin/blog_inc?...ngdetail.shtml

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

terminating pregnancies is not the primary function of planned parenthood, in fact it has represented less thn 5% of the services it provides.

planned parenthood is a multifaceted health services providor for both men and women.

the little amount of public monies given to planned parenthood are returned many times over in the benefits it gives to those who otherwise would not receive these health services.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
terminating pregnancies is not the primary function of planned parenthood, in fact it has represented less thn 5% of the services it provides.

planned parenthood is a multifaceted health services providor for both men and women.

the little amount of public monies given to planned parenthood are returned many times over in the benefits it gives to those who otherwise would not receive these health services.
Maybe they should quit terminating pregnancies if they don't want to be known as an abortion clinic. Then all of that other good stuff they do could be supported with no problem.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Planned Parenthood is good in concept, however they have taken something on a good premise and twisted it to push an Agenda. And they are doing with our tax dollars.

It's plain and simple, with and through planned parenthood, our tax dollars are going to support the killing of innocent babies.

Obviously I have a serious issue with Abortion, but that is not the debate on this one...the debate to me here, is private funding versus government funded.

Planned Parenthood is a government funded program and it should NOT be.
Not to get too far off topic, I would love to see a list of other Government funded programs. I would imagine that we as citizens represented would be rather shocked at the amount of special interest groups that are receiving funds from our government.

Ranging from Faith based groups to liberal agenda groups. Either way, these programs should only be funded through private means.

Planned Parenthood, ACORN...those are two groups that I understand get paid by the government and they are clearly two groups that should receive NOTHING from our government.

I have no problem setting up these groups as a Non-Profit and removing the tax liability, similar to a Church...but that is where I draw the line.

How would folks on the left feel if Pregnancy Resource Center were receiving tax dollars? They oppose abortion and they provide more of the faith based options and counseling for mothers to be.

I am in support of NO Tax Dollars for any organization who clearly has a political agenda.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote