Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-07-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
reelmaverick

reelmaverick is on a distinguished road
Default Do u guys think its time for terry to really be a scoring point guard

or a shootin guard till dirk or fin comes back because it seems stack is not healthy enough right now and whenever he refuses to drive to the rim we suffer from his bricks..............
Old 03-07-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Do u guys think its time for terry to really be a scoring point guard

yes! definitely! heck even with dirk terry should always be our no.2 option not fin!
Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 11:37 AM   #3
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Do u guys think its time for terry to really be a scoring point guard

it's time for the pick and roll.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #4
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE: Do u guys think its time for terry to really be a scoring point guard

Terry should be given the green to shoot.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:49 AM   #5
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Do u guys think its time for terry to really be a scoring point guard

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing
it's time for the pick and roll.

hey there's an idea.. perhaps if terry learnt by watching videos of nash and dirk, they might actually pull it off.
Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 11:55 AM   #6
reelmaverick

reelmaverick is on a distinguished road

this is exactly what i have been saying it seems don nelson has forgotten that terry is a scoring point guard...........we need his offense right now like never before i watched yesterday as stackhouse bricked almost every short funny thing was every time the rockets scored like 4 straight points, it was always terry who stopped the bleeding by making a jumper or a lay up in the lame. my opinion i sthat till dirk and finley are able to play nelly should try starting harris or armstrong at the 1 and terry at the 2 so we can use his offense marquis is good but terry's offensive game is better that guy has saved our but at least twice this season against sacto and seattle..........or how can u have a guy shooting 47% and 51% and not milk him with ur best offensive player out...........well probably only nelly understands............i would really like devin at the point right now since dirk is out he really drives and king plus he's offense has really improved........
about the pick and roll u know yesterday against houston, there were times when the pick and roll was set but it was just the pick the guy neva rolled and every time that happened the pg just ended up still holding the ball or passing somewhere else making the pick and role useless.............
Old 03-07-2005, 12:02 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I thought he had him at shooting guard when he brought armstrong in. But Armstrong draws very little interest and I believe that once terry got hot they sort of clamped down on him. He might actually get off more shots handling the ball and coming off picks himself. He seems to work better that way.

I'm not sure he moves so well without the ball.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:58 PM   #8
endtroducing
Golden Member

I dunno about his off ball movement in the NBA, but at Arizona he was amazing off the ball. his senior year he played all over the floor and it was hook up after hook up from Bibby.

just because Jason Terry isn't Steve Nash doesn't mean he can't run an effective pick and roll...apparently, not many people realize that. I just want to see how effective he would be, because he's definitley stronger physically than Nash is, and is certainly not afraid of contact...seeing the way he can get to the hoop makes me think he's capable of dishing out.

it's my thinking if Terry becomes more pronounced in the offense, it would help Finley exponentially, by further decreasing the defensive attention on him (because the D KNOWS he is our 2nd best shooter on the team)...the D would be bound to slack off on him in an attempt to defend the p&r, and he could gain back that efficiency of years past. or at least stop those ugly fadeaways...knock on wood.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:11 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to differ with you about him getting to the hoop endt... I haven't been impressed with him getting to the hoop at all this year nor does it look like he initiates contact. I've been pretty dissappointed in this part of his game.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:13 PM   #10
endtroducing
Golden Member

he hasn't shown what he is capable thus far, yeah, but he's been screwed around with all year. Daniels takes a lot of his game away by the way he plays, and plus, Terry has never been given 'full control' by Nelson like Nash had. Nelson should hand the whole thing over to Terry, and I think we'd see a big change...
Old 03-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #11
endtroducing
Golden Member

he hasn't shown what he is capable thus far, yeah, but he's been screwed around with all year. Daniels takes a lot of his game away by the way he plays, and plus, Terry has never been given 'full control' by Nelson like Nash had. Nelson should hand the whole thing over to Terry, and I think we'd see a big change...
Old 03-07-2005, 01:55 PM   #12
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Here's where I scratch my head. Terry is asked to pass more while that isn't his strong point. Nash is asked to score when he was more comfortable passing. Terry is by no means a ballhog. If you want a ballhog, look at the guy in the cornrows that looks like an escapee of "The Land of the Lost". He's the black hole. Almost ala Fatoine Walker right now. Anyway, Terry should be given the green light to shoot. He will pass the ball if another player is open. If Terry becomes an offensive force like he was before, Fin and Dirk will have it much easier. I don't know why he's not on Nellie's good side. Someone got a pic of Nellie screwing a monkey? Maybe you need to send it to Terry coz Fin's copy is working really well for him.