Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #481
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
They apparently hired a firm to search for GM. If they were leaning toward Finley, why go through the firm.
You want to find the best possible candidate. I’d rather them use a firm to find potential candidates rather than just interview 1-2 guys and give the job to Finley. I can’t believe Cuban actually canned Donnie’s ass.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2021, 01:44 PM   #482
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
You want to find the best possible candidate. I’d rather them use a firm to find potential candidates rather than just interview 1-2 guys and give the job to Finley. I can’t believe Cuban actually canned Donnie’s ass.
I fully understand that. I'm saying it wouldn't make sense if they already really like Fin for that role, they wouldn't have hired a firm.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:02 PM   #483
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

If only Cuban had done something to get suspended by the league instead.... that would have been much better.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:05 PM   #484
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Cato replied to the question on twitter saying he wasn't. Can't seem to find the link to the reply though.
Ah ok. He just said something weird on one of the podcasts about not being able to talk about something. He probably got wind of this going down, from whoever he had been talking to.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:13 PM   #485
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They apparently hired a firm to search for GM. If they were leaning toward Finley, why go through the firm.
Hopefully this means that Cuban has figured out that he isn’t a basketball mind. Firing his yes man and his data expert.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:21 PM   #486
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Great question. Finley? Ainge? Ujiri? Actually a few pretty good options.
Ahh man I'd hate Ainge.....if they go that route I'd rather they give Finley the chance. Finley deserves it.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:23 PM   #487
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Hopefully this means that Cuban has figured out that he isn’t a basketball mind. Firing his yes man and his data expert.
Damn....that's crazy.....the man who drafted Luka canned...I guess winning the draft awards didn't save his job....
Old 06-16-2021, 02:26 PM   #488
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Am I missing something? The Raptors no longer want Ujiri?
Old 06-16-2021, 02:30 PM   #489
FreshJive
Diamond Member

This is actually the best time for this, and it’s good that they fired Bob, because, after what went down with Rosas, any good candidate might look at the situation here very skeptically. Now less ambiguity of who will be calling the shots, and Luka freakin Doncic this has to be one of the most attractive destinations possible.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:34 PM   #490
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is actually the best time for this, and it’s good that they fired Bob, because, after what went down with Rosas, any good candidate might look at the situation here very skeptically. Now less ambiguity of who will be calling the shots, and Luka freakin Doncic this has to be one of the most attractive destinations possible.
This is where I am r now.

It's really an early 1st step in troubleshooting. You really can't clean house completely and have a clear vision of what and where things went wrong. It's good we still have Rick...for now at least.

Old 06-16-2021, 02:34 PM   #491
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Damn....that's crazy.....the man who drafted Luka canned...I guess winning the draft awards didn't save his job....
Run that draft back, and Luka is the first pick every time. Just own the L, and stop making up fairy tales about draft awards.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:37 PM   #492
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think that’s just the only GM know. I’ve seen his name posted on just about every site (FB, Reddit, IG). I’ll admit I only know about 5 GM’s, but from my understanding Ujiri is under contract with Toronto.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:39 PM   #493
dtownsworstposter

dtownsworstposter will become famous soon enoughdtownsworstposter will become famous soon enough

I'm dtownsfinestloser I do my best to clutter up the boards and argue with people and say nonsense like Suns are in the WCF because of Ayton over Luka and then pretend I had a point. I never have a point. This forum is 100000000000% worse because of me. If you want to keep your brain cells ignore me.
dtownsworstposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:43 PM   #494
SMC0007
Guru

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...765261829?s=19

Old 06-16-2021, 02:43 PM   #495
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
This is where I am r now.

It's really an early 1st step in troubleshooting. You really can't clean house completely and have a clear vision of what and where things went wrong. It's good we still have Rick...for now at least.
Yep. If Rick needs to go, let the new GM decide this imo
Old 06-16-2021, 02:46 PM   #496
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownsworstposter View Post
I'm dtownsfinestloser I do my best to clutter up the boards and argue with people and say nonsense like Suns are in the WCF because of Ayton over Luka and then pretend I had a point. I never have a point. This forum is 100000000000% worse because of me. If you want to keep your brain cells ignore me.
Yikes.

Wasn't Zuess the first poster with that particular take? Not saying he's a bad poster, but for accuracy sake. If not excuse my incorrectnessss

Old 06-16-2021, 03:03 PM   #497
Fuzz

Fuzz will become famous soon enoughFuzz will become famous soon enough

I imagine the hiring of a new GM would also mean that Carlisle's job is not all the way secure?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:17 PM   #498
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I imagine the hiring of a new GM would also mean that Carlisle's job is not all the way secure?
New GMs typically keep the coach for a year to do an evaluation. Unless their preferred choice is available (or the GM was hired to fire the coach)
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:27 PM   #499
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ujiri is a free agent. His contract has expired
Old 06-16-2021, 03:34 PM   #500
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Run that draft back, and Luka is the first pick every time. Just own the L, and stop making up fairy tales about draft awards.
I think he would too. Luka would be the 1st pick in the draft and the Suns would be losing to the Clippers because their defense wouldn't be as good.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:34 PM   #501
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Ujiri is a free agent. His contract has expired
That's what I'm saying though.....I've seen nothing to suggest Ujiri doesn't want to come back?
Old 06-16-2021, 03:34 PM   #502
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
That article from the Ringer in the comments was a good read. I did not know that this was the guy responsible for turning the Nets around and refining their processes. I think it was Kevin Durant who said he chose the Nets, because he was impressed with the way they ran things, and their internal structure and processes. It also says that he has been responsible for internal promotion of employees into higher positions, so Finley might still be a possible candidate.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:36 PM   #503
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yikes.

Wasn't Zuess the first poster with that particular take? Not saying he's a bad poster, but for accuracy sake. If not excuse my incorrectnessss
This was not me btw. Lol. It was dtowns take, though. Zeus called Luka the best player of his generation.

Last edited by FreshJive; 06-16-2021 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:37 PM   #504
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
We agree on one thing...you are Dtownsworstposter lol.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 06-16-2021 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:38 PM   #505
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yikes.

FreshJive has been in his feelings for about a week now over something that I said lol. I'm the only poster he seems to be able to see for whatever reason maybe he has everyone on ignore lol.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:38 PM   #506
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I have no clue who the new GM will be. Watch it become Cuban or, better yet, Luka. lmao
Old 06-16-2021, 03:40 PM   #507
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
New GMs typically keep the coach for a year to do an evaluation. Unless their preferred choice is available (or the GM was hired to fire the coach)
Yeah I don't think Carlisle is going anywhere this year but I do think in the future it could mean a divorce. But seems to me Cuban is the reason Carlisile is here not because of Donnie.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:42 PM   #508
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
This was not me btw. Lol. It was dtowns take, though. Zeus called Luka the best player of his generation.
That was not my take dtownsworstposter....keep up.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:43 PM   #509
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I remember my first time on the Internet too. You’re a reactionary poster with zero nuance.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:46 PM   #510
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I remember my first time on the Internet too. You’re a reactionary poster with zero nuance.
Some people just lack the mental capacity to respectfully disagree with someone. He's more upset with my posts then he is with how the Mavs are being ran.......
Old 06-16-2021, 04:00 PM   #511
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Drafting Ayton over Luka is a big part in why they are in the WCF though...not saying they couldn't have done it without Luka but he anchors that defense with his interior presence. Same goes for Capella in ATL.
Right here is your post.

I don’t make alternate accounts. I’ve argued with you directly every time. I’m sure a mod can confirm that the new account was not me.

Last edited by FreshJive; 06-16-2021 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:02 PM   #512
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think he would too. Luka would be the 1st pick in the draft and the Suns would be losing to the Clippers because their defense wouldn't be as good.
You doubled down here
Old 06-16-2021, 04:03 PM   #513
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I agree with this. Something big needed to happen to put everyone on high alert. No more bs excuses this summer.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:17 PM   #514
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Right here is your post.

I don’t make alternate accounts. I’ve argued with you directly every time. I’m sure a mod can confirm that the new account was not me.
And I stand by that. Ayton is a big part in what the Suns do.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:18 PM   #515
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I agree with this. Something big needed to happen to put everyone on high alert. No more bs excuses this summer.
Only issue I have is that I Think Donnie is being scapegoated for Cuban's issues.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:21 PM   #516
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
That's what I'm saying though.....I've seen nothing to suggest Ujiri doesn't want to come back?
Cuban can money whip him. And supposedly everyone wants to be around Luka
Old 06-16-2021, 04:22 PM   #517
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
In a offensive league......it seems like you'd be going backwards trading your best shooter for perimeter defensive help.
You also posted this when arguing about the Josh Richardson trade. But hey Ayton was a better pick than Luka.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:25 PM   #518
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
And I stand by that. Ayton is a big part in what the Suns do.
So it was your take, then? Not Zeus. This is like that Rick James couch skit.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:35 PM   #519
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Only issue I have is that I Think Donnie is being scapegoated for Cuban's issues.
No, he was fired for throwing Luka under the bus. Cuban has his own demons to answer for, no question, but not even he would be dumb enough to say those things.

If Donnie had taken part of the blame and said he needed to build a better team around Luka, then I doubt any of this happens.

Of course, maybe Donnie already knew the writing was on the wall.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:53 PM   #520
SMC0007
Guru

Do we even know that Donnie didn't kinda see himself out?

Tags
jack.kerr aucks