Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about
Default Marc Stein: Dallas could be targeting Kidd

He just reported this on Sportscenter.

let the summer of mayhem begin!
Old 05-04-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

that might not be a terrible idea...although his age scares me. The Mavs have absolutely zero guards that are capable of consistently creating for others.. Harris is great at creating for himself... Howard can do the same... but who creates for anyone else on the court?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

in hindsight we probably should have tried for kidd last year

I think it would be worth it despite his age. Dirk will be at the very top of his peak next year so this is the best time to go for the haymaker.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:45 PM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, Stein must be reading all my posts on this board today.

JKidd could cure a lot of what ails this thing, I think.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah.... you wouldn't have to count on Dirk to initiate all of the offense when things got tough if you had Kidd. That's pretty much what the Mavs were left with unless you wanted to see Stackhouse dribble the ball off of his lower lip.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:47 PM   #6
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't mind having him. we need a true point guard who can run the offense and is a great passer. Kidd fits that roll. he also can score. Like murphy said, devin harris can create for himself or not others. god i wish we had nash...
Old 05-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd is also a darn good post up guard.

And a good defender.

And he could definitely help in the leadership department.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-04-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #8
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

if the mavs want kidd, then they better get some atheletes to get kidd playing at maximum potential. Kidd is owed 80 mil in the next 2 yrs and is getting too old, next year will be like his 14th season!

Off season mavs plan:

Trade Damp and Ager for Gasol
• A solid big man and a young player with potential for a disgruntled star
• Pau blocks and rebounds the ball very well, 80% of his points come from dunks or lay ups in the paint.
• A high/low game with Pau and Dirk is deadly
• Jerry West is gone from Memphis, time to exploit that!

Trade JET for Rashard Lewis
•Trade JET back to his home city for a disgruntled star
• Rashard has range that goes beyond the 3 pt line.
• Has tremendous atheletic ability.
• A solid defender

Sign Desmond Mason
• Hopefully knowing he'll be in a great situation in Dallas he'll sign for the Full mid level exception
• Can shoot the ball and has freakish athelic ability.
• Takes on stacks role

Split an exception to get:
• PJ Brown
• Mo Peterson

2008 Mavs Line:

Gasol | Diop | Mbenga
Dirk | Brown
Lewis | George
J-Ho | Buckner
Harris | Mason | Peterson

Take away Damp, JET, Ager, Stack, Cro
Add Pau, Lewis, Mason, Brown, Peterson

Im ready for 2008!
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:10 PM   #9
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Trading for Kidd would be a darned nice move. Unfortunatley we have zero expring contracts next year. I don't see how a deal would work. They'd be interested in Devin Harris, but you'd need to throw in something to make the salaries match. I don't think NJ would be interested in the bloated contracts of Erick Dampier or Jason Terry. No one would. The Mavs, unfortunately, are left with very little in terms of trade bait.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #10
globemaster

globemaster will become famous soon enough

I'll go on record as saying Kidd won't help. I just don't think he's got enough gas left in his tank and since when has he been all that successful in the weaker East anyways.

go mavs
globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:37 PM   #11
globemaster

globemaster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy ALL
if the mavs want kidd, then they better get some atheletes to get kidd playing at maximum potential. Kidd is owed 80 mil in the next 2 yrs and is getting too old, next year will be like his 14th season!

Off season mavs plan:

• Pau blocks and rebounds the ball very well, 80% of his points come from dunks or lay ups in the paint.

• A solid defender

Sign Desmond Mason
• Hopefully knowing he'll be in a great situation in Dallas he'll sign for the Full mid level exception
• Takes on stacks role

• PJ Brown
• Mo Peterson

2008 Mavs Line:

Gasol | Diop | Mbenga
Dirk | Brown
Lewis | George
J-Ho | Buckner

Im ready for 2008!
There are some holes in your idea. First and foremost, why would Memphis ever trade Gasol for Damp and Ager? What would Memphis get out of that? If Memphis is gonna trade for anything it should be a point guard to go alongside their draft pick which could very well be Durant or Oden. Memphis would never go for that particularly vs a divisional foe.

I do love the idea of having PJ Brown in Dallas. He would make a much better combo with Damp. That would give us two centers who could score enough to keep teams honest. That's what killed us vs Golden State - Diop couldn't keep the Warriors honest which allowed them to double Dirk without leaving a competent scorer open. I also like the idea of Peterson as a distributor.

go mavs
globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:38 PM   #12
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:

Off season mavs plan:

• A solid defender

Sign Desmond Mason
• Takes on stacks role

• PJ Brown
• Mo Peterson

2008 Mavs Line:

Gasol | Diop | Mbenga
Dirk | Brown
Lewis | George
J-Ho | Buckner

Im ready for 2008!
Are you...serious?

But yeah, I don't know if we need to dish out for Kidd (as you guys have said, age is a concern), but I don't think anyone can tell me that we would've lost against Golden State with a point guard with the ability to get Dirk (or anyone for that matter) the ball in good spots.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:49 PM   #13
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Quote:

Off season mavs plan:

• A solid defender

Sign Desmond Mason
• Takes on stacks role

• PJ Brown
• Mo Peterson

2008 Mavs Line:

Gasol | Diop | Mbenga
Dirk | Brown
Lewis | George
J-Ho | Buckner

Im ready for 2008!
These are some solid ideas. I don't think they are realistic but one or two major moves could be just what the dr. ordered.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #14
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Kidd is also a darn good post up guard.

And a good defender.

And he could definitely help in the leadership department.
Is he still a good defender? I haven't watched him much in the last couple of years, but I hear he really hasn't been the same since his microfracture surgery.

Kidd would be nice I think. Although with his age, I would be hesitant to give up too much. However, as old as he is getting, he still seems to be playing at a high level - heck the guy wasn't too far away from averaging a triple double this year.

What would we deal to get him? Obviously Dirk is off the board. I'd be really hesitant to give up Howard. If Terry and a bench player can get it done, I say go for it. Of course, this leaves us with a lack of shooting that we would need to fill at some other point in the offseason. It's an intriguing idea though.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 05-04-2007 at 07:54 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #15
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by globemaster
There are some holes in your idea. First and foremost, why would Memphis ever trade Gasol for Damp and Ager? What would Memphis get out of that? If Memphis is gonna trade for anything it should be a point guard to go alongside their draft pick which could very well be Durant or Oden. Memphis would never go for that particularly vs a divisional foe.

I do love the idea of having PJ Brown in Dallas. He would make a much better combo with Damp. That would give us two centers who could score enough to keep teams honest. That's what killed us vs Golden State - Diop couldn't keep the Warriors honest which allowed them to double Dirk without leaving a competent scorer open. I also like the idea of Peterson as a distributor.

go mavs
I agree with your assessment that Memphis wouldn't want to trade Gasol for Damp and Ager. I think they might trade Gasol if they get to draft Oden so that they can camp Oden in the low box just like Gasol. I wouldn't really understand their thinking though because Gasol is an extremely good player who could really help Oden's game thrive. Also, I couldn't imagine any scenario of trading Gasol if they draft Durant. I think those two would complement each other very well. Durant + Gasol means wins and butts in the seats. I wonder who would be available for the Mavs.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #16
lori72

lori72 is on a distinguished road

I would really like Jason Kidd on the team. He is still playing at a high level.
lori72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #17
GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori72
I would really like Jason Kidd on the team. He is still playing at a high level.

The thing about Kidd is that watching him on TV just doesn't do him any justice. I remember when the Mavs drafted him. I thought he was a wasted pick and the Mavs shoulda drafted Grant Hill. My friend was a big fan though. We went to a couple of Mavs practices and then some games. He is extremely impressive live. Much, much better than he looks on TV.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #19
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I have a feeling that Jason Terry will not be a Maverick next year, and this kind of makes that feeling even more real. I hate saying it, but I just have that bad feeling.

The only Mavs that are safe this offseason imho are Dirk, Josh, and Devin.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #20
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

Think about it though, what center out there can the mavs get to drastically help them out. I say Gasol becasue though he may sound like a dream come true, he's probably the most realistic scenario.

Here's the situations with the top dawgs (whom everyone THINKS is attainable) of the low post.

• Kevin Garnett aint gonna happen, especially with his 102 mil contract
• Jermaine O'Neal's contract is 90 mil
• I dont see the Nuggets NOT wanting Camby back
• Zach Randolph has a similar contract like Pau, but he's not disgruntled and doesnt want out of the portland situation as much as Pau.
• Elton Brand will stay with the clippers. Period.
• Okurfor (see above about Brand)
• Pau is owed 50 mil in 4 yrs, thats a resonable amount and length AND he desperatly wants out of Memphis!

The Mavs need a Atheletic Big-Time Big man that strikes fear an the oppenents eye, though gasol may not strike fear in oppenents eyes, the combo of pau and dirk would! Guys likes Brad Miller, Dalembert, Candyman, Big Z, Brendan Haywood, etc. are not gonna cut it one single bit, theyre all soft and dont scare the competion. The only Bigs the mavs should be seriously looking at are those mentioned above, mainly PAU!

Mavs in 08

Last edited by destroy ALL; 05-04-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #21
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

There is no way we get Gasol without giving up Josh or Devin, and Gasol doesn't really solve our issues. The middle of our defense would be wide open without Damp or Diop out there.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #22
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Forget Kidd, what would we offer for him? Would it be worth it? How old is he? We need a guard that can create but really we don't need an aging all-star, the price would be too high for a trade in my opinion.

That said... Chauncey Billups anyone? Free agency is a beautiful thing.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #23
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

How are we going to get Kidd, and how can we afford Billups?

Old 05-04-2007, 08:41 PM   #24
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

What about Lamar Odom?

Old 05-04-2007, 08:44 PM   #25
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
What about Lamar Odom?
Lamar Odom seems to have a tendency to disappear too much for my liking. Getting him as a safety net in case Dirk disappears again in a playoff game seems kinda iffy to me.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:44 PM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
So, are you saying no moves are necessary?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #27
destroy ALL

Quote:
...and Gasol doesn't really solve our issues. The middle of our defense would be wide open without Damp or Diop out there.
Gasol has better Rebounding, steals and Blocking stats (not to mention assits and points) for his career than Damp, and Gasol has played for only 5 years compared to Damps 10. And isnt it obvious that Damp is a slug out there! Gasol does solve the mavs issues becasue he's quick enough off his feet that he can compete with the quick teams. (warriors, suns, nuggets, wiz) If you consider Damp being a defensive clog in the middle, Gasol is looking like a defensive god in the middle compared to Damp (or Diop! no offense to Diop. I love Diop)

Mavs in 08
Old 05-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #28
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
I have a feeling that Jason Terry will not be a Maverick next year, and this kind of makes that feeling even more real. I hate saying it, but I just have that bad feeling.

I have the feeling too, Terry and Damp won't come back.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:54 PM   #29
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:

Agreed.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

JET's not much better than what Fin provided in his final year or so... JET has better ball handling ability but still rarely got to the rim and rarely created for others.. Plus, Fin was a superior defender and rebounder.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #31
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I just think Billups is a cheaper solution. More realistic? Maybe... NJ should probably rebuild after this year, and I doubt the Pistons would part with him unless he really wanted to be dealt in a sign and trade. Plus I don't think we'd give up as much, Kidd's contract is ridiculous for his age.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:13 PM   #32
freestyle

freestyle has a spectacular aura aboutfreestyle has a spectacular aura about

Please no -- not another Jason Kidd thread.

I have a feeling there will always be media rumors and people on this board who want Kidd to play for the Mavs until he either turns 50 or has trouble walking without considerable assistance.
freestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:14 PM   #33
destroy ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyle
Please no -- not another Jason Kidd thread.

I have a feeling there will always be media rumors and people on this board who want Kidd to play for the Mavs until he either turns 50 or has trouble walking without considerable assistance.
TRUE DAT!
Old 05-04-2007, 09:32 PM   #34
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Mikki Moore.

Last edited by Windmill360; 05-04-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:38 PM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

As long as we are dealing with New Jersey, I want Jason Collins too.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #36
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
So, are you saying no moves are necessary?
If you'll notice, I've silenced my keyboard today.

I'm going to sit on this 67 win season, and weird 1st round matchup against a team that shoots like 60% from 3 point range, and I'm going to just wait a week or so before I start assigning blame left and right.

Todays' posts on this board have been shameful IMO.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:15 PM   #37
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
If you'll notice, I've silenced my keyboard today.

I'm going to sit on this 67 win season, and weird 1st round matchup against a team that shoots like 60% from 3 point range, and I'm going to just wait a week or so before I start assigning blame left and right.

Todays' posts on this board have been shameful IMO.
Ok, but just so we're clear, you realize Golden State shot 37% from 3, right?

That's barely better than their season average.

It's not like Golden State played way over their heads. We played below our level, or at least before the level we'd estalished before the last month of the final season.

And really, it doesn't even matter if you think they're still good enough talent wise, in my opinion. This thing is so screwed up mentally now, you just can't bring it back intact.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 PM   #38
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably wise flacalo. I stayed away all day but couldn't control my avery rant. I was giving to all of my co-workers, figured I needed to get it out.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #39
RingTheBell

RingTheBell will become famous soon enoughRingTheBell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by globemaster
I just don't think he's got enough gas left in his tank
What did Cuban say about Nash again?
RingTheBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #40
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTheBell
What did Cuban say about Nash again?
I'm sure you will find out soon when your entire reliant organization realizes it's future has been running around the court for an 82 game season on 33 year old legs. That must be pretty heavy on the poor guys back too. He goes down your entire team goes down, enjoy him while he lasts and we'll see who has the last laugh.

Tags
jason kidd