Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2019, 11:40 AM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I don't think you are in the minority with at least some concern, but they're locked into a play and see mindset. They could always make a trade if it's a glaring issue. Powell might be attractive to a team with a starting Center but needing a PF, which is another reason why it's not the worst idea to acquire talent/assets over the fit when you miss your targeted guys in FA.
I want to see what we get with Powell. He's a natural PF, but was forced to play center, because he couldn't shoot.

After the all-star break last year, he was doing everything right. 14.7pts, 7.5reb, 2.5ast on 62% shooting and an amazing 40% from three

Powell turned himself into a top 2-3 rim-running center in the league (as measured by eFG%/TS%), but if he can continue to hit the three, then he may get some time at PF as well as center. That will both make him more valuable to us and potentially more valuable to other teams. I don't think we trade him, but it's certainly an interesting storyline.

Still think Powell/Kleber/Boban is good enough to be at least top 10-15 in the league in rebounding (with Doncic, Porzingis, and Delon doing the real heavy lifting and the importance of the three meaning that there are far more long rebounds for guards/wings), but I wouldn't mind upgrading the center spot (or really any spot)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-09-2019 at 11:51 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
win now