Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2018, 05:38 PM   #11
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I think there are some really good arguments for Bagley over JJJ...

1) JJJ has an incredibly low usage rate and comes off the bench. It's not fair to expect him to maintain his efficiency in the NBA.

2) JJJ doesn't stay on the floor due to foul trouble... his game log is full of 4 or 5 fouls in 15-20 minutes

3) Bagley consistently performs versus tough teams... 30/14 vs. UVA... 32/21 vs. Florida St.... 30/15 vs. Florida.... 34/15 vs. Texas...

Bagley has his flaws, but there's a reason he's been considered the best player in his class for years. He's number 4 on my board.

My Board: 1) Ayton - 2) Doncic - 3) Porter Jr. (if healthy) - 4) Bagley - 5) JJJ

Here's the thing with Bagley & those #s...

That 30 & 14 he put up vs Virginia happened primarily vs guys 6-7 & one 6-10 White stiff who managed 3 rebs in 31 min & has a career avg of essentially 3 pts & 4 rebs, oh and they had a 6-9 soph come in & play 10 min in that game too. Nothing like the size & physicality Bagley will see in the NBA.

vs Florida St, Bagley's 32 & 21 came while he faced one guy over 6-9 (most of the Seminoles are 6-8 & under), and that was a 7 foot Freshman who managed 2 rebs in 13 min.

vs Florida, Bagley's 30 & 15 was compiled vs one guy over 6-9, a 6-11 stiff from Australia, who posted 0 rebs & 3 fouls in 7 min. In fact, only 2 of the 8 other Gators to see the floor were over 6-6, and they only played 25 min (a 6-9 Junior) & 16 min (a 6-8 Soph) respectively.

vs Texas, Bagley's 34 & 15, I watched these highlights on FrankieVision, and yes it's the first time he did anything in one of these games you've listed vs a big with an NBA future, in Mo Bamba, but this was early in the season & Bamba played very poorly defensively. Actually it's a good example of why I'm not high on Mo Bamba. He gets pushed around, plays out of position, falls asleep on the floor & misses assignments, and the last thing in the world Mo Bamba is, is a bruiser, somebody that's going to drop his ass, plant it into an opponent & BOX OUT. Bamba stands upright like a statue & tries to use his insane reach on every rebound. To Bagley's credit, he abused Bamba in this game badly. But, I'd like to see Bagley do it vs Ayton or a credible NBA body that bangs in the low post for rebounds. That's not Mo Bamba.

The whole Porter Jr, if healthy thing. He's been cleared & Mizzou has 2 games left in the regular season. He didn't play vs Kentucky yesterday. There's no word on him playing in their next game. Potentially he only has 3 games left to play in Mizzou's season. So, when is the "IF" going to be come a reality? We can't look at him as IF healthy imo. Like what if he shows up for Mizzou's March Madness game, and he doesn't play well. Tailor made excuse for him, well it was his first game, etc etc... I just don't see it with Porter Jr. He's already missed the college season. The development opportunity is out the window & I don't think he'll ever be healthy imo.

Edit: More of Bagley's game logs

His 25 & 10 in his first game vs Elon, did not face a single opponent over 6-8, which makes his 0 blocks in 29 minutes look worse

vs Michigan St, he gets poked in the right eye by his own teammate w/ 10 min to go in the 1st half & sits the rest of the game. Smh. Watching the replay, it looked like he should of missed a few minutes & that's it. 10 min 4 pts 6 rebs vs real competition

24 & 8 vs Furman, no opponents over 6-8. One 6-8 starter, a Junior who played 24 min, one 6-8 reserve, a Soph who played 15 min, a 6-7 reserve, a Freshman who played 19 min, and a 6-7 reserve, a Senior who played 9 min, everyone else on the roster is 6-5 & under. Bagley w/ 1 block in 29 minutes.

18 & 15 vs Portland St, came vs mostly guys 6-8 & under, outside of a 7-1 Senior who played 9 min & a 6-10 Sophomore who played 2 min.

23 & 10 vs Indiana, came vs all guys 6-8 & under, excepts for a 6-10 Sophomore who played 21 min and had 16 & 5... Bagley by the way 0 blocks in 38 minutes vs all undersized opponents

19 & 12 vs South Dakota, one guy, a 6-10 Junior, the other forward for S Dakota is 6-6, the two forwards that came off the bench, 6-7 & 6-8. One reserve forward 6-9 who played 3 minutes. Essentially, one 6-10 guy & all 6-8 & under opponents.

21 & 11 vs St Francis (PA), again one guy who is 6-10 (Sophomore) played 24 min, a 6-9 (Freshman) reserve played 14 min, and then everyone outside of a 6-8 Senior who played 6 min was 6-5 or under. Bagley with 0 blocks in 26 min.

15 & 12 vs Boston College, Bagley played 40 minutes, he faced one opponent who was 6-11, a Soph who played 28 min, and one one opponent who was 6-10, a Soph who played 18 min, the rest of BC's squad that day: a 6-8 Fresh who played 37 min, a 6-6 Junior who played 38 min, a 6-5 Junior who played 40 min, a 6-1 Soph who played 36 min, and a 6-7 Freshman who played 3 min. Bagley 1 block in 40 min vs this undersized group.

18 & 7 vs Evansville, faced no opponent over 6-9.

31 & 10 vs NC State, to my knowledge the first time he did something (excluding vs Texas) vs an opponent with an opposing big projected for the NBA in NC State's 7-0 Sophomore Center Omer Yurtseven. Have to give credit here. 11/14 FGs 10 rebs 4 blks in 38 min, and Yurtseven played 29 min. Although, the next tallest Wolfpack player is 6-8.

16 & 15 vs Pitt, tallest opponent a 6-10 Freshman who played 15 min, a 6-9 Soph who played 23 min, a 6-9 Freshman who played 6 min, and a 6-7 Freshman who played 8 min, everyone else for Pitt was 6-6 or under. Bagley w/ 0 blocks vs this group in 29 min.

30 & 11 vs Wake Forest, no one is talking about them as future NBA prospects, but Bagley did post this vs a 7-1 Junior who played 17 min, and a 7-0 Freshman who played 17 min. Everyone else on Wake is 6-8 or under, but legitimate size in this game.

13 & 12 vs Miami, Hurricanes 6-11 Sophomore Dewan Huell is someone I have seen projected in the 2nd round of this year's draft or early in next year's mocks. He posted 18 & 13 in 32 min in this game btw, also Miami had a 6-10 Junior play 12 min in this game. The rest of the Hurricanes in this game are 6-7 or under. Bagley with 0 blocks in 37 min.

20 & 7 vs Pitt, Bagley plays the same 29 min as he did in the first matchup, but this time the 6-10 Freshman stats & plays 26 min and then the 6-9 Sophomore plays 26 min, the 6-9 Freshman plays 4 min, and the 6-7 Freshman plays 6 min. Bagley with less than half the boards facing more height.

16 & 11 vs Wake Forest, this time the 7-1, 280 lb Junior plays 30 min & goes 9 for 9 from the floor while posting 18 & 12 (with 6 offensive rebs) and Bagley recording 0 blocks in 30 min, and the 7-0, 215 lb Freshman plays 25 min. Bagley's scoring nearly cut in half when Wake's bigs increase their playing time.

12 & 8 vs Notre Dame, tallest opponent a 6-10 Senior who played 27 min, a 6-9 Soph who played 25 min, a 6-8 Junior who played 19 min, and everyone else on the roster 6-7 or under. Wendell Carter Jr only played 26 min in this game, only taking 8 FGA & recording only 7 rebs. Bagley played 34 min and shot just 4/14 FGs vs an undersized team with no future NBA prospects.

19 & 7 vs St Johns, tallest opponent a 6-11 205 lb Junior who played 37 min, a 6-9 Senior who played 2 min, and everyone else for St John's is 6-7 & under. Bagley with 0 blocks in 34 min.

15 & 16 vs North Carolina in 39 min, tallest opponent a 6-11 240 lb Freshman who played 4 min, a 6-9 215 lb Freshman who played 12 min, and everyone else for UNC is 6-8 & under. People talk about 6-8 Junior Luke Maye as a potential NBA draft pick, but I don't think he can even carry Tyler Hansbrough's jock strap, so that isn't saying much.

Last edited by Magnum_3_Ball; 02-25-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote