Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #81
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that InSync would be doing this kinda stuff.

Quote:
Background

The song is unique in featuring a dual guitar solo by George Harrison played backwards, as well as an electronically compressed rhythm guitar track. The solo is consistent with the rest of the song because Harrison took great pains to practice the entire melody of his solo backwards, so that when reversed and mixed in, it would fit the overall dreamlike mood of the rest of the song. It took him and producer George Martin six hours to perfect the guitar solo.[1]
The psychedelic drone effect of the song was achieved by recording it at various speeds. The band also added other dreamlike touches: when Lennon sings "Please don't wake me", McCartney and Harrison's vocal harmonies were meant to sound like alarm clocks, and during the break before the second bridge at about 1:57 minutes into the song, a barely audible voice (probably Lennon's) can be heard saying, "Yawn, Paul." Following this, the slightly more audible sound of a yawn can be heard at about 2:00 minutes into the song.
This hazy, disjointed mood on top of the lyrics suggest a drug-induced state rather than actual dreaming, and this is the most widely accepted interpretation of the song. However, the first draft of Lennon's lyrics for "I'm Only Sleeping", written on the back of a letter from 1966, suggest that he actually was writing about the joys of staying in bed rather than any drug euphoria. In fact, Lennon loved staying in bed or on a couch, and when he wasn't sleeping, he would sit in it and read, write, or watch television. In a March 1966 interview with Maureen Cleave, the same interview in which Lennon made his "more popular than Jesus" remark, Cleave said, "He can sleep almost indefinitely, is probably the laziest person in England."[2]
Lennon would later write another song on the subject of sleep (or the lack of in this case) with "I'm So Tired"'. It appeared on the self-titled album, The Beatles, two years later.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 PM   #82
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

No one should have tried that.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:28 AM   #83
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The OP gives no nod to history. It's like saying that WWII wasn't that impressive, even though it was popular at the time...these days we could do that sort of shit with far more ease.

Alexa is trying to step into the same river twice. As we know, that's a bad idea.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:46 AM   #84
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

The fact alone, that John Lennon invented the combination of songwriting and pot-smoking, is marvellous...

Last edited by GermanDunk; 09-11-2009 at 02:48 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:48 AM   #85
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
It's like saying that WWII wasn't that impressive, even though it was popular at the time...these days we could do that sort of shit with far more ease.
That's a good one (it wasn't even that innovative. Look at what WWI had already done).

I was thinking something like, "Newton wasn't all that. Look at all the punk kids who are learning calculus as teenagers these days."
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #86
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
I was thinking something like, "Newton wasn't all that. Look at all the punk kids who are learning calculus as teenagers these days."
I think something like "Dan Brown is an immensely popular writer in certain large segments of society, but arguably those who think Jesus had a baby through Mary Magdalene aren't the final word on literary greatness."
Old 09-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #87
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
That's a good one (it wasn't even that innovative. Look at what WWI had already done).

Newton may have had nearly his entire body of work discredited with Einstein's relativity, but Newtonian physics is the most commonly used model on the planet for engineers and other designers including those at NASA. He's still making waves to this day.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #88
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Newton may have had nearly his entire body of work discredited with Einstein's relativity, but Newtonian physics is the most commonly used model on the planet for engineers and other designers including those at NASA. He's still making waves to this day.
Is Newton more popular than Jesus?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #89
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

John Lennon was.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #90
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
I think something like "Dan Brown is an immensely popular writer in certain large segments of society, but arguably those who think Jesus had a baby through Mary Magdalene aren't the final word on literary greatness."
But the Beatles aren't Dan Brown - they're William Shakespeare...

Old 09-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #91
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

true, Erica, but I think UL's point was - Newton must not have been smart or inventive because looks how many average students learn calculus and physics in today's world. Sarcastic comparison to the OP.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:38 AM   #92
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
But the Beatles aren't Dan Brown - they're William Shakespeare...
Are they?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:41 AM   #93
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The Beatles are at the top of the charts in this board for the past handful of days now.... it isn't a foreign place for them to be in.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #94
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
The Beatles are at the top of the charts in this board for the past handful of days now.... it isn't a foreign place for them to be in.
this has far more to do with my obnoxious and contrarian presence than the anything the beatles have ever done.

Alex >> Beatles
Old 09-11-2009, 09:47 AM   #95
Underdog

Quote:
Are they?
Now we've cut right to the heart of the debate, haven't we?

Everyone celebrates William Shakespeare as the greatest author of his time until some overly-educated bookworm reminds the world that Shakespeare wouldn't have been possible without Christopher Marlowe...

Last edited by Underdog; 09-11-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #96
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
true, Erica, but I think UL's point was - Newton must not have been smart or inventive because looks how many average students learn calculus and physics in today's world. Sarcastic comparison to the OP.
I got that much. I was just adding my own $0.02 to the Beatles thing.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #97
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Exactly.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #98
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Another way I could express all this....

In another 20 years or so, most Baby Boomers will be dead (hopefully). Will Beatlemania die with them?

Beatlemania, in my estimation, is a marketing phenomena, just another fad but a fad with a massive, massive following. My suspicion is that yes, Beatlemania will die on that joyous day when we throw dirt on the grave of the last fat-ass baby boomer.

(doing a little surfing on a forum discussing the Beatles....quotes:

Quote:
"I really think that the Beatles were great, really great, but I grew up with them. I was thirteen, fourteen when they appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show. I was sooo in love with George!"
Quote:
"Well, I'm only fourteen. But I can honestly say I love them. My parents raised me on music such as The Beatles."
granted, I cherry picked the quote, but still....maybe this cycle of violence and abuse heaped upon young girls will continue unabated for many, many generations.)

Last edited by alexamenos; 09-11-2009 at 10:26 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #99
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i can speak for myself - i like the beatles. Aren't infatuated with them, but i like them. My parents introduced them to me, and i have a bunch of their CDs as an adult. And i will play it for my kids, along with other musicians that I like. So the cycle will continue.

you're also forgetting about all the kids that will play Rock Band: Beatles and then grow to like their music.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #100
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
you're also forgetting about all the kids that will play Rock Band: Beatles and then grow to like their music.
But I'm not forgetting this at all!!! It's actually what sent me on this tangent.

I would say that hands down, the Beatles are the greatest of marketers of all time. If Elvis was the King and Michael Jackson was the King of Pop, Paul McCartney is the King of Strategic Marketing.

The Beatles, like good cigarette ad execs, understand that the best time to get folks hooked is when they're kids, hence "Rock Band: Beatles!!!"
Old 09-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #101
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

right, i figured that's what spawned the OP. But in your discussion of the cycle, you were omitting this.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #102
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Beatlemania, in my estimation, is a marketing phenomena, just another fad but a fad with a massive, massive following. My suspicion is that yes, Beatlemania will die on that joyous day when we throw dirt on the grave of the last fat-ass baby boomer.
"beatlemania" has been deceased since 1966 when they stopped doing live concerts.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:39 PM   #103
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
John Lennon was.
At least he thought he was more popular than Jesus.

Last edited by Murphy3; 09-11-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #104
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I am ashamed to admit that during last night's football game, there was a commercial for the Beatles Rock Band game which featured the song "Come Together"...

and I thought out loud "why are they playing an Aerosmith song?"

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #105
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
At least he thought he was more popular than Jesus.
I bet more people can recite Beatles lyrics than quotes spoken by Christ in the Bible...

Old 09-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #106
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Another way I could express all this....

In another 20 years or so, most Baby Boomers will be dead (hopefully). Will Beatlemania die with them?

Maybe I should ask for you to be banned. I am a baby boomer but I am NOT A FAT-ASS! You, young man, are ignorant of the facts. You did not live during the era you are so avidly misrepresenting. You must have a thing for young girls for almost every one of your post refers to them, well just know there were more men that were fans of the Beatles than the few screaming young ladies that followed the four musicians from across the ocean.

You are so very angry. I hope you will be able to deal with this....believe me it is important. God Bless.

Last edited by left texas; 09-11-2009 at 06:37 PM.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #107
Murphy3
Guru

Yeah, I thought the word "hopefully" was a bit crass even by my standards. My parents are baby boomers.. I'm not really looking forward to the day that die. For some reason, hoping for the quick deaths of all baby boomers just doesn't come off as overly sensitive.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #108
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is Newton more popular than Jesus?
Hmm
Old 09-11-2009, 09:38 PM   #109
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I bet more people can recite Beatles lyrics than quotes spoken by Christ in the Bible...
He loves you yeah yeah yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I don't think that InSync would be doing this kinda stuff.
Its actually 'nSync where the apostrophe is officially written as a star like *NSync, which may be the only time in the English language that not only is a word started with an asterisk, but also the only time a single word with only two letters has been contracted. Yeah, 'NSync is an abomination of both the English language and music.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-11-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #110
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I bet you are wrong.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #111
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

The Beatles are not that great period. So it's easy for me to see the Beatles Rock Band being not that great.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #112
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
The Beatles are not that great period. So it's easy for me to see the Beatles Rock Band being not that great.
Your mom isnt that great either but that hasnt stopped billions of people from "experiencing" her
Old 09-12-2009, 03:41 AM   #113
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

F*ck this thread. The Beatles rule.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #114
alexamenos
Diamond Member

ok, maybe wishing for the deaths of all baby boomers was a bit over the top, not way over the top, but a bit over the top.

a very small, small amount over the top.

like 8 maybe 12 inches over the top.

anyhoo....the point is that the Beatles are a pop-icon of the fluffiest generation in the history of man, the baby boomers. the baby boomers today are a) very numerous; b) obnoxiously self-important; and c) possessing of big fat hineys. Because they're so numerous, their pop-icon still gets an inordinate amount of attention.

When they Baby-boomers are gone, the greatness, or lack thereof, of the Beatles will be a moot point.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #115
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Yeah, I thought the word "hopefully" was a bit crass even by my standards. My parents are baby boomers.. I'm not really looking forward to the day that die. For some reason, hoping for the quick deaths of all baby boomers just doesn't come off as overly sensitive.
Not only unsensitive, and I find it quite offensive.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #116
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Your mom isnt that great either but that hasnt stopped billions of people from "experiencing" her
I'll give you that, but nonetheless we're talking about the Beatles mediocracy. I fail to see how that relates to my mom as she wasn't a Beatle. (although she did listen to them and is from their time period????????)

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 09-12-2009 at 10:47 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #117
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
So far, which is having gone up to Sgt. Pepper's, it's actually quite fun, because it's music that I can actually listen to, unlike most of the RB/GH catalog. It's not hard, though. Quite easy. But then again, no GH/RB game is hard to me, because I'm awesome.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #118
left texas
Golden Member

Quote:
ok, maybe wishing for the deaths of all baby boomers was a bit over the top, not way over the top, but a bit over the top.

a very small, small amount over the top.

like 8 maybe 12 inches over the top.

anyhoo....the point is that the Beatles are a pop-icon of the fluffiest generation in the history of man, the baby boomers. the baby boomers today are a) very numerous; b) obnoxiously self-important; and c) possessing of big fat hineys. Because they're so numerous, their pop-icon still gets an inordinate amount of attention.

When they Baby-boomers are gone, the greatness, or lack thereof, of the Beatles will be a moot point.
And so will be alexamos, who by the way should change his avatar since Barney seems to have more intelligence and was an icon of the baby boomers (as were the Beatles), whose generation he really seems to have a problem with. I will ask are your parents Baby Boomers?

Your above quote still shows the anger which you have and I hope and pray that you will figure it out. I hope you seek help. God Bless.

Last edited by left texas; 09-12-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #119
Murphy3
Guru

I loved The Andy Griffith Show...
Old 09-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #120
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Its actually 'nSync where the apostrophe is officially written as a star like *NSync, which may be the only time in the English language that not only is a word started with an asterisk, but also the only time a single word with only two letters has been contracted. Yeah, 'NSync is an abomination of both the English language and music.
There's "of" as "o'," as in cup o' tea. But your points still stand!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
it's a trap!