Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-22-2002, 09:34 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

In the DMN today, completely describes Emmitt.

"Emmitt was a constant, constant, constant, constant. You're standing on the sidelines and thinking, "Shoot, four yards. Shoot, five yards. Shoot, four yards.' It was a slow death" Jim Fassell, head coach, NY Giants.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2002, 10:13 PM   #2
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Hey Dude, what was the quote in reference to? Emmitt of old, or Emmitt still?

I think we will see him do this very thing again this year. The line has improved, the total offense is on the way up, the QB situation is improving...Coslet likes to run...Emmitt swears he is ready to roll. I for one would not bet against him...HE MAKES HIS GOALS IN LIFE...

Emmitt - 1400+ in 2003 GO Emmitt GO!
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 10:37 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

won't bet against him, but I am sure that this was about the Emmitt of old.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 07:02 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

There was not a data associated with it, but I also agree, I haven't seen the emmitt "slow death" in a while.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 08-23-2002, 10:43 PM   #5
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

wont happen- he is not the back he once was....
Old 08-24-2002, 07:17 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

<< wont happen- he is not the back he once was.... >>

You must be kidding. Of course he is not the back he once was, but he is a better than average back as his stats (even last year) are right in the middle of the pack.

No longer a back to take us to the super bowl, but still servicable. Not worth 10 mill next year for sure.
Old 08-24-2002, 08:05 PM   #7
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

All I'll say is in 1997, Emmitt had a season just about like 2001. Everyone was saying he was done. Then, in 1999, Emmitt had 1397 rushing yards. That year, the Rams won the Super Bowl, and Marshall Faulk had 1381 rushing yards.

Emmitt would have had almost a couple hundred more yards each of the last two seasons if Jack Reilly wasn't such a bum. I see Emmitt going for 1200 this year, as a conservative estimate of a good year for an old back on a team with a suspect passing game. But I won't be one bit surprised if he has better year than that.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote