Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-23-2016, 10:51 AM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs Free Agency Rumors: Chandler Parsons (NOPE)

Can the Mavericks afford to sign Chandler Parsons to a maxed-out contract?

Cowlishaw: Why I wouldn't give Chandler Parsons a max contract

Sefko: Why I would be scared to death to offer Chandler Parsons a max contract

Fish: Why I Think Mavs Will Draw No-Max Line On Parsons

Cato: The Mavericks not offering Chandler Parsons a max contract would be trouble

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-23-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

NBA Rumors: Is Chandler Parsons Brooklyn Bound?

Chandler Parsons would help the Wizards right away

Lakers Rumors: Chandler Parsons a pure shooter for LA

Boston Celtics’ Plan B includes Chandler Parsons

Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Looking to Sign Chandler Parsons in Free Agency

Last edited by Underdog; 06-23-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:03 AM   #3
Underdog

So the general consensus is that the Mavs aren't going to offer Parsons max, especially after Cuban tried to convince him to opt-in.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-23-2016 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:13 AM   #4
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

This offseason might go down as worse than last offseason. Dirk just might go to GS if we're going to start from scratch.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:29 AM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I've felt in the back of my gut for some time that Parsons might not be coming back. And it'll be 100% because of his knee injuries.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
So the general consensus is that the Mavs aren't going to offer Parsons max, especially after Cuban tried to convince him to opt-in.
Whoa, I didn't know Cuban tried to convince him to do that. Do you know who originally reported that?

Old 06-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #7
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

It would be in his best interest to accept whatever we offer to be able to fit Conley or Howard. I want Howard here. So some guys like Parsons have to take lesser. I do have this thought if we can sign and trade him. I hear Gordon Hayward made a trade request. Sign and trade Parsons for Hayward?
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:37 AM   #8
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
It would be in his best interest to accept whatever we offer to be able to fit Conley or Howard. I want Howard here. So some guys like Parsons have to take lesser. I do have this thought if we can sign and trade him. I hear Gordon Hayward made a trade request. Sign and trade Parsons for Hayward?
That was all lies. Hayward loves it there and did not request. Utah has shot down any attempts too
Old 06-23-2016, 11:41 AM   #9
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Whoa, I didn't know Cuban tried to convince him to do that. Do you know who originally reported that?
@espn_macmahon: Chandler Parsons will follow through on his plans to become a free agent despite Mavs owner Mark Cuban's attempts to convince Parsons to opt in for the final season of his three-year, $46 million contract, sources told ESPN.com. With the salary cap spiking to a projected $94 million this summer, Parsons' camp expects him to receive a significant raise in free agency.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:41 AM   #10
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
That was all lies. Hayward loves it there and did not request. Utah has shot down any attempts too
Oh well. That would have been an interesting idea for both sides.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:48 AM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
@espn_macmahon: Chandler Parsons will follow through on his plans to become a free agent despite Mavs owner Mark Cuban's attempts to convince Parsons to opt in for the final season of his three-year, $46 million contract, sources told ESPN.com. With the salary cap spiking to a projected $94 million this summer, Parsons' camp expects him to receive a significant raise in free agency.
That really makes Cuban look desperate IMO...and could be a foreshadow of a bad offseason...

Thinking more on it, the real problem isn't giving him the money. The problem is trying to lock him up on the max and then to try and have him recruit other players. That is something that I wonder if Parsons is willing to risk if he has a less risky offer somewhere else.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-23-2016 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #12
yahyes
Banned

I think Cuban needs to try hard for a sign and trade if Parsons is leaving.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:00 PM   #13
Underdog

Quote:
I think Cuban needs to try hard for a sign and trade if Parsons is leaving.
I'd say Parsons owes Cuban at least that much, but you gotta convince the team he's going to as well... Easier said than done if they're not willing to give up anything to get him (and they don't have to since he's a free agent).

Old 06-23-2016, 12:05 PM   #14
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Why does Parsons think he deserves max? I get that the market allows for it some places..but F that here. We can't afford to over pay him again especially coming back off another injury.

Combine that with wildly overpaying Wesley, and that's a bad offseason. We end up with 2 starters that are not standout all around players near maxed out and both had significant injuries... isn't that as much potential for disaster as some of the other scenarios involving losing him?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 06-23-2016 at 12:06 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:06 PM   #15
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I have reservations about giving Parsons a max contract, but I really don't think the Mavs can afford to mess around by trying to finesse free agency this summer. The limited number of top tier free agents leaves little room for error and a higher probability of coming up empty handed. I would rather see them shore up the foundation and then move to improve rather than betting the house on signing Conley and/or Whiteside.

On the other hand, I am intrigued by Kent Bazemore and wonder if his speed, athleticism, and motor might work well in the Carlisle system. Could you plug him in as starting SF and have his different talents (defense, rebounding, durability, and athleticism) neutralize the playmaking and shooting of Parsons? I probably wouldn't bet on that trade off, but last year the Mavs did seem a bit slow afoot compared to other teams in today's NBA. For example, I can imagine when Wes takes a break, you slide Bazemore over to SG and bring Anderson in to play SF. Now you have two young athletic wing players that can both rebound and fly around the basket. The downside is you are still looking to upgrade PG and C. And you will need some shooters to come off the bench.

At the end of the day, I would play this conservative and max out Parsons, but there maybe ways to improve this team by overspending on second tier players even if you lose him to free agency.

Last edited by purplefrog; 06-23-2016 at 12:08 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:10 PM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I have reservations about giving Parsons a max contract, but I really don't think the Mavs can afford to mess around by trying to finesse free agency this summer. The limited number of top tier free agents leaves little room for error and a higher probability of coming up empty handed. I would rather see them shore up the foundation and then move to improve rather than betting the house on a signing Conley and/or Whiteside.

On the other hand, I am intrigued by Kent Bazemore and wonder if his speed, athleticism, and motor might work well in the Carlisle system. Could you plug him in as starting SF and have his different talents (defense, rebounding, durability, and athleticism) neutralize the playmaking and shooting of Parsons? I probably wouldn't bet on that trade off, but last year the Mavs did seem a bit slow afoot compared to other teams in today's NBA. For example, I can imagine when Wes takes a break, you slide Bazemore over to SG and bring Anderson in to play SF. Now you have two young athletic wing players that can both rebound and fly around the basket. The downside is you are still looking to upgrade PG and C. And you will need some shooters to come off the bench.

At the end of the day, I would play this conservative and max out Parsons, but there maybe ways to improve this team by overspending on second tier players even if you lose him to free agency.

Three years in a row in the offseason isn't enough? Including twice to Parsons that we would be overpaying him.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:13 PM   #17
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont pay him the max, not with his injury history with the Mavs. He always talks how he admires Dirk, so let him act like it too. Like Dirk did. Like Wes did before the Jordana-Drama.

If he is all like "max or im out" then i say f off Chandler. Same goes with Deron, the guy is settled, he still gets money from Brooklyn, if he is demanding too much because he is greedy: Good luck somewhere else again.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:21 PM   #18
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
I'd say Parsons owes Cuban at least that much, but you gotta convince the team he's going to as well... Easier said than done if they're not willing to give up anything to get him (and they don't have to since he's a free agent).
I know it's a shot in the dark. But if Durant for sure wants to leave. We could set this sign and trade up using Parsons. Both sides can come out even if Durant leaves for sure. Plus Westbrook can have his team. Parsons can go play for his old coach Billy Donovan. Durant can be our main superstar to build around for the future. Which he isn't in Oklahoma. Imagine the possibilities.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:21 PM   #19
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

If you don't pay him, you better have someone else lined up that will help the team.

The Mavs need to come out of this summer with Dirk and two really good players. Which players are up to the organization, but the need to get two of them is obvious.

Getting one is tough. Getting two is that much more difficult. If Parsons is not one of those two players, finding another one is going to take an amazing sales job and organization.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:22 PM   #20
Underdog

Quote:
I know it's a shot in the dark. But if Durant for sure wants to leave. We could set this sign and trade up using Parsons. Both sides can come out even if Durant leaves for sure. Plus Westbrook can have his team. Parsons can go play for his old coach Billy Donovan. Durant can be our main superstar to build around for the future. Which he isn't in Oklahoma. Imagine the possibilities.
Durant is gonna be a superstar anywhere he goes... Why Dallas?

Last edited by Underdog; 06-23-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:25 PM   #21
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Dont pay him the max, not with his injury history with the Mavs. He always talks how he admires Dirk, so let him act like it too. Like Dirk did. Like Wes did before the Jordana-Drama.

If he is all like "max or im out" then i say f off Chandler. Same goes with Deron, the guy is settled, he still gets money from Brooklyn, if he is demanding too much because he is greedy: Good luck somewhere else again.
The goods.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #22
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Durant is gonna be a superstar anywhere he goes... Why Dallas?
Because one season with Durant, Dirk, and Wes can make us dangerous. Donnie could set up a solid team around him too.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:28 PM   #23
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Also f*ck durant. Pimple faced f*ggot.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-23-2016 at 01:57 PM. Reason: if you're going to edit one bad word, you might as well edit both next time
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:31 PM   #24
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33 View Post
If you don't pay him, you better have someone else lined up that will help the team.

The Mavs need to come out of this summer with Dirk and two really good players. Which players are up to the organization, but the need to get two of them is obvious.

Getting one is tough. Getting two is that much more difficult. If Parsons is not one of those two players, finding another one is going to take an amazing sales job and organization.
Yep. Its easy to say "goodbye Parsons you're not worth the max", but now you have to find a replacement AND perhaps look to upgrade the PG and C positions. IMO, Parsons is NOT worth the max, but given the lack of other options, you probably should gobble him up quickly and move on if you want to be competitive and do your due diligence to keep Dirk happy.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:34 PM   #25
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Also f*ck durant. Pimple faced faggot.
Definitely won't be saying that if he's scoring on my team though.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:35 PM   #26
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because one season with Durant, Dirk, and Wes can make us dangerous. Donnie could set up a solid team around him too.
Durant isn't coming here. He thinks our owner is an idiot. Doubt Parsons has any interest in OKC. Dude is too full of himself to play in a small market.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:48 PM   #27
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Yep. Its easy to say "goodbye Parsons you're not worth the max", but now you have to find a replacement AND perhaps look to upgrade the PG and C positions. IMO, Parsons is NOT worth the max, but given the lack of other options, you probably should gobble him up quickly and move on if you want to be competitive and do your due diligence to keep Dirk happy.
Its also about the team spirit and trying to win. Dirk pretty much paid Parsons first two years (overpaid).

If Parsons is all about "fuck FA and which other players we could may get, i want my max" then i say again: F off, i dont want him like that on the Mavs. Even if his replacement is Marvin Williams.

I want committed players. If the max contract is the most important thing for Chandler, so be it and good bye.

Last edited by sefant77; 06-23-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:12 PM   #28
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Why does Parsons think he deserves max? I get that the market allows for it some places..but F that here. We can't afford to over pay him again especially coming back off another injury.

Combine that with wildly overpaying Wesley, and that's a bad offseason. We end up with 2 starters that are not standout all around players near maxed out and both had significant injuries... isn't that as much potential for disaster as some of the other scenarios involving losing him?
There arent any SF out there. The mavs are not in a position to F around. He's the one big time FA that's come here and we're going to low ball him? Im not his biggest fan, but its a slippery slope what the FO is doing.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #29
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Also f*ck durant. Pimple faced f*ggot.
Chill with the derogatory terms

Last edited by Underdog; 06-23-2016 at 02:06 PM. Reason: how about not quoting words that you don't like? makes my job harder...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:16 PM   #30
Underdog

Parsons-or-bust?? What if he doesn't want to come back to Dallas, even for max? What if he finds a better fit -- maybe a team where he can be a true #2 behind someone who isn't on the verge of retiring?

Then what?

Last edited by Underdog; 06-23-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:23 PM   #31
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Parsons-or-bust?? What if he doesn't want to come back to Dallas, even for max? What if he finds a better fit -- maybe a team where he can be a true #2 behind someone who isn't on the verge of retiring?

Then what?
Move Anderson into the starting role at SF. Then invest a lot in the bench. Find a way to bring in Howard. You'll have a solid rebounding team to start with.

Deron
Wes
Anderson
Dirk
Howard
Old 06-23-2016, 01:25 PM   #32
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Move Anderson into the starting role at SF. Then invest a lot in the bench. Find a way to bring in Howard. You'll have a solid rebounding team to start with.

Deron
Wes
Anderson
Dirk
Howard
Going to be tough to convince Dwight to come without his buddy Parsons on the team.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:25 PM   #33
Underdog

Quote:

Deron
Wes
Anderson
Dirk
Howard
Howard isn't coming to Dallas unless Parsons lures him here... And even then, it sounds like the Mavs have no interest in paying him max either.

Try again.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:27 PM   #34
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Howard isn't coming to Dallas unless Parsons lures him here... And even then, it sounds like the Mavs have no interest in paying him max either.

Try again.
We'll see.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:29 PM   #35
Underdog

I reposted this Jthig tweet in the 'Dirk Opts Out' thread that probably bears repeating in this one too:

@jared_thigpen: If the Mavs really don't offer Parsons the Max, I think there's a legitimate chance they're ready for Dirk to leave and start over.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:34 PM   #36
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
I reposted this Jthig tweet in the 'Dirk Opts Out' thread that probably bears repeating in this one too:

@jared_thigpen: If the Mavs really don't offer Parsons the Max, I think there's a legitimate chance they're ready for Dirk to leave and start over.
Aren't we screwed without a first round draft pick till 2020?
Old 06-23-2016, 01:36 PM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

Then what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U7rOUSvYM8

Old 06-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #38
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Aren't we screwed without a first round draft pick till 2020?
Maybe consider Google to get the facts first.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #39
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm wondering if that is a mutual understanding. Dirk doesn't want to play for a rebuilding team and if we don't land at least one all-star caliber player he'd most likely be playing for a lotto bound team.

Dirk may want out if we don't land a decent FA....that may have already been discussed behind closed doors.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #40
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Basically.

(+rep for The Last Starfighter reference)