Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-22-2001, 04:02 PM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

This is what Mel Kiper had to say about the Cowboys' drafting debacle of the last two days (article courtesy of Madape):

FIRST-DAY LOSERS
Dallas Cowboys:They reached for quarterback Quincy Carter, who I thought would be a sixth- or seventh-round pick. But the Cowboys took him in the second round. They took safety Tony Dixon, who I projected as a fifth- or sixth-round pick. That's what they have been doing in recent years, and they are fast becoming much like the old Arizona Cardinals with their very questionable draft choices. They have been doing it since Jimmy Johnson left. I used to be critical of the Cardinals; now it seems like I'm critical of the Cowboys every year -- and for good reason. I'd give them an "F" grade.

He has pretty much summed up some of my thoughts on the matter. The Tony Banks era continues to forge full speed ahead...
Old 04-22-2001, 09:58 PM   #2
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Everyone on the Cowboys' are idiots!
Old 04-24-2001, 11:40 PM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

As much as I wish Kiper was wrong, I have to agree with him. I am so pissed off at the Cowboys, I probably won't watch a single game this year.

If anyone wants to recruit me to their team's bandwagon. I am now available.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 04:06 PM   #4
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Thats funny... madape!
I am free to be recruited also. I think I'll join the San Diego Chargers in 2004 bandwagon!!! Only cause I cant stand many NFC teams. And dont really like the No Offense Ravens.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 04:34 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I like the Chargers too. I can't wait to see Ladanian break the rookie rushing records. I can finally root for Norv now that he's not at washington...

Wait, now that I'm no longer following the Cowboys, I can root for Washington! Jeff George, Marty Shottenheimer, lets go skins!
Old 04-26-2001, 05:47 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I could NEVER root for the Skins no matter how bad the Cowboys get.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 07:13 PM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Reportedly, Dion is finished on the gridiron... That should amount to about a 30 million dollar cap hit over the next four years for our worthless Washington friends in exchange for one subpar year from the aging cornerback... Maybe we can pry Jeff George away from the stupid Skins next year. That might almost make up for this years inept draft...
Old 04-26-2001, 08:27 PM   #8
madape
Diamond Member

I agree EvilMav- if there is a team that rivals the Cowboys for most clueless management in the league its the skins. The bad thing about Jeff George is that Jerry will never consider him. He's just not, how should I put this... athletic enough. Maybe the owners of the Houston Texans will be smarter and pick up George.