Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #2001
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

If the Cavs finish with the 3rd seed in the East somehow then I think it should goto Lebron. If the Hornets finish with a top 3 seed in the West it would be hard to argue against Chris Paul. But damn... Kobe should win one one of these days. I would not feel bad at all if either Kobe, Lebron, or Chris Paul get it.. I would question anyone else. Including TMac.

I know one thing.. Kobe HAS to get an MVP before his career is over and Lebron James is undoubtedly going to grab like 4+ at the rate he is going. He just needs a better team.

Im rooting for Lebron James. He's a good guy.

Last edited by Robillion; 03-16-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #2002
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
I know a lot of you dont agree with me.

Hers 2 things

1. MVP will be out of the West ....Probably between Paul, T Mac and Kobe
2. IMO whoever gets their team the first seed..they should win it.

Lakers 1st = Kobe MVP
Rockets 1st = T Mac MVP
Hornets 1st = Paul MVP
since none of those teams are going to end up first who do you think should get it? id bet a decent amount the mavs end up being the first seed.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #2003
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Is anyone else amazed at Battier and the montage they showed at the start of the 2nd half where he reached in between Kobe's arms as Kobe went up to shoot and completely blocked his vision on 5 different shots?
I've been paying attention to it this half, and he does it every single time, Kobe has to shoot every shot blind. I've never seen that done this consistently.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #2004
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

man, the Rockets are playing with unbelievable confidence right now. This is amazing to watch.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #2005
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004
man, the Rockets are playing with unbelievable confidence right now. This is amazing to watch.
how funny will it be when they lose in the first round?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #2006
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Ya never know. I know T-Macs history and the Rockets recent history as choke artists. But when a team is playing like this, you can throw that out the window. This team can beat anyone in the entire league.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #2007
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

those fans are great

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 03-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #2008
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

They haven't beat anyone in the entire league.

At full strength. Damn them and their luck.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #2009
sike
The Preacha

Alston went out of his mind today

Old 03-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #2010
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

If i got the boot from a team, i wouldn't be praising them as highly as Jeff Van Gundy is. I mean, he thinks T-Mac is MVP, Scola is ROY, and Alston is the 2nd best in the league this season. Come on.

Further more, the Rockets have played two or three good teams. If i were a Mav/Warrior/Sun/Spur/Jazz/Hornets/Laker/Nugget fan, i'd be dying to play this team in the playoffs. They rely more on hustle than skill, they have zero options in the frontcourt, and all you really have to do is chase that team off the 3pt line.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #2011
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan

there is a lot to be said for this point

Old 03-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #2012
sike
The Preacha

kobe 11-33

Old 03-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #2013
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
As funny as it was when we lost last year : )

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:00 PM   #2014
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
kobe 11-33

Once again thats why hes not the MVP....This team is not a title contender without Pau

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 03-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #2015
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
kobe 11-33
You should say: Battier 22 msf
Old 03-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #2016
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
If i got the boot from a team, i wouldn't be praising them as highly as Jeff Van Gundy is. I mean, he thinks T-Mac is MVP, Scola is ROY, and Alston is the 2nd best in the league this season. Come on.

Further more, the Rockets have played two or three good teams. If i were a Mav/Warrior/Sun/Spur/Jazz/Hornets/Laker/Nugget fan, i'd be dying to play this team in the playoffs. They rely more on hustle than skill, they have zero options in the frontcourt, and all you really have to do is chase that team off the 3pt line.
if i were a nugget fan id be dying for anyone in the playoffs because they arent going to make the playoffs. which btw is pretty funny considering the loaded talent that team has.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #2017
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:

Ahhhh sounds soo easy ; )

........GO MAVS
Old 03-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #2018
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Once again thats why hes not the MVP....This team is not a title contender without Pau
he has one bad game and all of a sudden is isn't a MVP candidate? Come on...Kobe is the best player in the league!

Old 03-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #2019
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Kobe is the best player in the league!
that might have been true at some point last year but theres no justification for that now. aside from shoot 3s, lebron does every single thing better than kobe. its really not all that close. lebron is the most clear cut best player in the league since 00 shaq.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:10 PM   #2020
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As funny as it was when we lost last year : )
What, you like the Rockets?

Thou shalt be captured, flogged, and placed in the stocks. There, thou shalt be mocked, scorned, and have rotten eggs and tomatoes thrown at thy face by moral, upstanding citizens.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 03-16-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #2021
Dim499
Platinum Member

The confidence of Kobe Bryant is incredible. He knows he has no chance to get open, he will not see the basket once he goes up, he will not have a 50% or better chance that the ball is going in, but he takes 30+ shots anyway. That's a guy who's at least trying out there to carry these other bums who are stealing money from the Lakers.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #2022
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
The confidence of Kobe Bryant is incredible. He knows he has no chance to get open, he will not see the basket once he goes up, he will not have a 50% or better chance that the ball is going in, but he takes 30+ shots anyway. That's a guy who's at least trying out there to carry these other bums who are stealing money from the Lakers.
you see a guy trying to carry a team, i see a guy who almost single handedly lost a game that those "bums" kept close till the end. kobe had the biggest negative impact on the game for the lakers.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #2023
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ahhhh sounds soo easy ; )

In their 22 game streak, they've won against 4 contenders. Twice against New Orleans, which granted, is good. Once against a Dallas team w/o Dirk, and another with a Lakers team w/o Gasol. They've beat some mediocre/decent teams along the way, but most the teams they beat were bad.

Well answer me this, who out of the 8 teams there would you want to play most in the 1st round?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 03-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #2024
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
you see a guy trying to carry a team, i see a guy who almost single handedly lost a game that those "bums" kept close till the end. kobe had the biggest negative impact on the game for the lakers.

I wouldn't say single handedly. Not one person on that Lakers team played well today. Maybe Fisher and/or Walton.

~The Salesman
Old 03-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #2025
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan

Yao is out, too, so the Rockets aren't at full strength.

Nash13, please don't forget that the Rockets are without their best player.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 03-16-2008 at 05:18 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #2026
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

I say, "Who cares?" This isn't the Lkaers that are going to be in the playoffs. This is a Bynum-less, Gasol-less team, the same team that lost to the Cavs before aquiring Pau. Rockets have their streak, fine. But I think it's starting to take a toll on McGrady though. During the game, they were talking about how he felt tired, even in practice, and it showed throughout this game. Like the Patriots, I think it would be wise for the Rockets to lose one game (though I think it's going to happen soon anyway), or else they will over exhaust themselves.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #2027
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack

Will you hush up about Yao? He is gone for the season, for the playoffs. Gasol and Dirk are going to be active for their teams, which you luckily didn't face at full strength. It's arrogant people like you, sitting on your high-horses, that make people want the Rockets to fail.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #2028
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack

Uh, do you want to know the Rockets record this year against Dallas this year when they have Yao?

I think this streak is pretty amazing yet overhyped. I mean, even when you play mostly bad teams, showing up that many nights in a row is good. But if they had a 5 games stretch where in 4 of those games, you play the Spurs(healthy), the Hornets(healthy), the Jazz(healthy), and the Lakers(healthy), they'd more than likely still be in 7th place.

~The Salesman
Old 03-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #2029
RonMexico

RonMexico can only hope to improve

It's inane to believe that as bad as the Mavs played against Houston some odd games ago they believe that Dirk would have made a difference. They were terrible and were dispatched thusly for that WNBA-esk performance. The only Mav with anything to say about that game was Erica but like I said it was a WNBA worthy performance.

As close as the west is this year it's amazing that anyone would gush over the ability for other teams to remain healthy when it's Houston that's been effected the most.
RonMexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #2030
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico
It's inane to believe that as bad as the Mavs played against Houston some odd games ago they believe that Dirk would have made a difference. They were terrible and were dispatched thusly for that WNBA-esk performance. The only Mav with anything to say about that game was Erica but like I said it was a WNBA worthy performance.

As close as the west is this year it's amazing that anyone would gush over the ability for other teams to remain healthy when it's Houston that's been effected the most.
the thing is its a completely different game with dirk in there.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:40 PM   #2031
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:

Read what Nash13 had to say:
Quote:
Uh, do you want to know the Rockets record this year against Dallas this year when they have Yao?

I think this streak is pretty amazing yet overhyped. I mean, even when you play mostly bad teams, showing up that many nights in a row is good. But if they had a 5 games stretch where in 4 of those games, you play the Spurs(healthy), the Hornets(healthy), the Jazz(healthy), and the Lakers(healthy), they'd more than likely still be in 7th place.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #2032
RonMexico

Quote:
the thing is its a completely different game with dirk in there.
Like it was in Utah?
Old 03-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #2033
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Like it was in Utah?
utah has actually beaten us with dirk in recent memory. houston, not so much.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #2034
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
Is anyone else amazed at Battier and the montage they showed at the start of the 2nd half where he reached in between Kobe's arms as Kobe went up to shoot and completely blocked his vision on 5 different shots?
I've been paying attention to it this half, and he does it every single time, Kobe has to shoot every shot blind. I've never seen that done this consistently.
Noticed that myself. I wonder why more players don't use that technique. You have almost no chance of blocking a jump shot so why not just go to the eyes?
Old 03-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #2035
RonMexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
Read what Nash13 had to say:
I'll take #1 and 22 wins in a row over the alternative.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #2036
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Noticed that myself. I wonder why more players don't use that technique. You have almost no chance of blocking a jump shot so why not just go to the eyes?
alot of people do it, most people just dont do it EVERY time.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #2037
RonMexico

Quote:
utah has actually beaten us with dirk in recent memory. houston, not so much.
Well thank goodness Dallas isn't the team to beat to get the finals this year. WHEW!

Guess who else has our number this year? The 76ers.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #2038
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'll take #1 and 22 wins in a row over the alternative.

In that case, i'll take 8th and whatever over our alternative.

As bad as Dallas has been on the road this season, you could give every game in a series vs Houston on their court, and we'd still win in 5.

~The Salesman
Old 03-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #2039
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well thank goodness Dallas isn't the team to beat to get the finals this year. WHEW!

Guess who else has our number this year? The 76ers.

You can be smug all you want, but Houston is not going out of the 1st round. I think even GS, the weakest team in the west, could beat Houston in a 7 game series.

~The Salesman
Old 03-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #2040
RonMexico

Quote:
You can be smug all you want, but Houston is not going out of the 1st round. I think even GS, the weakest team in the west, could beat Houston in a 7 game series.
Let me be real here. I'm not trying to be smug. I'm just assassinating weak ASSumptions here. To me it would be unfortunate if we don't get out of the first round HOWEVER I'm just glad I have something to watch in the playoffs. After Yao went down I didn't think we would last but two more days in the chase. This is all gravy and mashed potatoes to me.